Let Me Lend You My Shoulder

Le Mademoiselle and her Butler

“What’s hurting you?”

 

“Mbo?”

 

“I said, what’s hurting you?” The girl repeated monotonously with her hand sneakily holding onto his left free hand.

 

Yonghwa shifted his eyes towards his hand and saw how Shinhye gently grabbed his hand and clenched it. He didn’t return the grip nor did he shove her hand away. He just let it be as it is then averted his gaze away once again.

 

“Yonghwa, why aren’t you answering me?”

 

The boy looked at her again, this time with cold emotionless eyes and uttered “Even if I tell you there’s nothing you can do about it” he said bitterly

 

The girl blinked her eyes rapidly in panic, looking for the right words to prove him wrong. “Ani” The girl replied “You can never know until you tell me.” She defended herself as she looked at him triumphantly “I’ll help you”

 

The boy just scoffed arrogantly before looking back at her with eyes full of rage and desperation “Stop acting like you can take care of everything with those sugarcoated lies of yours and get the hell out of here” Yonghwa is in his worst possible mood right now, and he’s not taking any kind intended deeds of others into heart. His mind refuses it.

 

However, that kind of reaction had made a huge impact on Shinhye. Before she realized it, her eyes were already glossy and her nose had already become stuffy. Shinhye is hurt. Hurt by the hateful words that Yonghwa had thrown at her. Like daggers, every ounce of his hurtful tone and poor choices of words had pierced deep into her tender heart.

 

Yonghwa was never like this. Sure, they often disagree with each other and bicker all the time; that was a daily routine for them. But never has he ever shoved her away with cruel words that would leave her speechless.

 

Shinhye then released her grip and slowly hugged herself while taking a few step backwards “I… only wanted to help” She whispered to herself with a hoarse cracked pipsqueak voice.

 

Yonghwa then just stared back at her indifferently as Shinhye continued to weep quietly right in front of his eyes. His mood was already mud pit bottom, and he can never imagine himself feeling any worse. But Shinhye’s crying figure had proven him wrong. Damn wrong.

 

This scene also to him, feels rather familiar. What’s this déjà vu feeling? He thought in his mind. And he had unknowingly thought of the similar scenario as reality and replied

 

“Yah…” He brought himself to talk to her in a much softer tone “Please, leave me be”

 

The girl lifted up her head upon his statement, not believing that even until the very last moment, he had only cared for himself.

 

Before Shinhye could respond to it, a loud painful ‘slap’ had echoed within the quiet gustily air. The girl widened her eyes upon the small figure before her and gaped.

 

“How dare you… make tears fall from eonnis’ beautiful eyes?” the girl growled “Who are you and what gives you to do that? You little-“

 

“Enough milady,” Hyun woo cut in as he held her hand and eyed Yonghwa “I think you’ve literally slapped some sense into him”

 

After regaining his composure Yonghwa studied his surroundings once again. A furious Sulli who is sending him death glares in front of him with her butler guarding her at the side, Shinhye with a painful expression carved on her pure face, and barely noticed, Minhyuk a few meters behind her, clenching his fist into a ball, with him biting his bottom lip hard.

 

“Are you already in your right mind, Yonghwa ssi?” Hyun woo asked him.

 

“Neh?”

 

REWIND

 

“Anyeongseyo?” a cheerful voice chirped from the other side of the front door.

 

Moments later, the door had finally opened, revealing a quite exhausted Minhyuk before their very eyes.

 

“Omo? What’s wrong with you Minhyuk ssi?” The girl asked him worriedly with Hyun woos eyeing him closely.

 

“I’m fine.” He replied with a sigh “Just didn’t get enough sleep” He explained then soon continued “is there something I can do for you?”

 

“Neh, where’s Shinhye eonni? I haven’t talked to her in so long!” the girl cheered happily while giving him her best smile.

 

Minhyuks eyes then widened upon her statement “Didn’t you see her? She’s supposed to be outside, sending her sasaengnim off home”

 

“Is that so?” Sulli said as she glanced at Hyun woo who seems to be on the same page as her “I didn’t see her in the front gates” Sulli then explained with a rather lost expression. “Are you sure eonni didn’t go back in?”

 

Minhyuks expression then transformed within an instant; He’s panicking. “Ani. I would’ve known if she had entered back home.”

 

“Then…” Sulli begun slowly, hoping that she would get the answer she wanted ‘Where is she?”

 

Minhyuk opened his mouth but then shut it close once again. He hates to admit it, but he doesn’t know where she is either. Just then Hyunwoo who had been scanning the area since earlier finally spoke up.

 

“Isn’t that Shinhye? With Yonghwa?”

 

Minhyuk immediately turned his head towards the direction which Hyunwoo is gazing at in panic.

 

Andwe, andwe, andwe! hyung is not in his right mind right now! He thought in horror as he immediately rushed to her side. Please, don’t let any of the two be hurt!

 

Minhyuk sprinted as fast as he could while observing the twos’ movements and interactions. So far, nothing concerning had happened, that is until after running half way Minhyuk heard Yonghwa’s scream; His painful and heartbreaking scream, which had brought his legs to a stop. Hyung… he thought sadly. Please, come to your senses hyung!

 

On the contrary, Sulli who had ran slower than Minhyuk, paced up to get to Shinhye quickly as soon as she heard the frightening wail and gave Yonghwa a piece of her mind as soon as she got to them.

 

BACK TO PRESENT

 

“I said, have you come into your senses?” Hyun woo repeated calmly.

 

Yonghwa then looked down to the ground after calming down “I guess so” Then looked up again “I was immersed into my own selfish thoughts that I ignored your feelings,” He continued as he gazed into shinhye’s direction apologetically “mianhae milady”

 

Shinhye just continued to stare at him with those glossy eyes and slowly moved closer. Sulli and Hyuuwon watched as she made herself closer to Yonghwa. Minhyuk was about to open his mouth until Shinhye had done something unspeakable to the mind.

 

She came close until she and Yonghwa were just inches away and pulled him into a hug.

 

“There’s nothing that you should feel sorry about Yonghwa ya” She whispered to him “I’m sorry for acting like I knew everything. I am sorry for thinking that sweet words might comfort you. Forgive me. I think I know now that those are not exactly the soothing words that you want to hear, no?”

 

“Eonni…” Sulli uttered under her breath “Otteokhe? How could you act like this after he made you hurt?”

 

Hyun woo then held her hand tightly and made her turn to him. When she saw him, he was smiling while putting his index finger on his lips. He then leaned closer to whisper to her “She knows what she’s doing, should we go?”

 

Sulli took one last glance at the two before reluctantly agreeing with Hyun woo. The two then excused themselves to Minhyuk before walking back to their car and left.

 

Minhyuk on the other hand was utterly speechless from the sight he’s currently witnessing. Milady Shinhye really does have her way with things. She knows what to do even though I; who should’ve been the only childhood friend who knows him best didn’t know what to do. He thought in relief I guess people who suit each other really do know how to treat each other well.

 

That heart-wrecking feeling he had felt a while ago had completely diffused into thin air, and after smiling from relief the boy then his heel to leave the two alone and went back inside to the mansion.

 

Yonghwa who had stood silent stiff from Shinhyes’ embrace finally moved a muscle to relax his posture. He rested his forehead on the girls shoulder comfortably and started to breath heavily.

 

Shinhye began patting the boys shoulder when she felt his head shaking and his shoulders heaving up and down, moving in sync with his weak soft sob. Her grey sweater were then soaked from the tears that Yonghwa had shed within her embrace, she knows, because she can feel her left shoulder become damp, and as her sweater got damper so did her eyes.

 

Tears started glossing her eyes and threatened to fall any second

 

“I… was actually a heir of a household” he started “I was their only son. The Jungs, master said. That was the name of my household. I’ve heard that name several times already, why didn’t I remember anything?”

 

“Chincha?” Shinhye replied while patting his back gently.

 

“I had a mother and father who loved me… more than their own lives.” He carried on with a much more husky and hoarse voice. “They died… for me”

 

Shinhye’s patting stopped when she had heard his story and tightened her hug instead.

 

“They… covered me with their very own flesh and body in that goddamn house fire” he went on. “Curse that son of the devil who dare burn my house down! Curse him!!”

 

Shinhye can only listen to him silently in pain as tears that she can no longer hold in flowed down her reddened cheeks, from being exposed to the cold air in a long perioud of time.

“God bless your parents yonghwa, God bless them” She whispered to him and finally released the hug to face him “For if it weren’t for them I wouldn’t have met you, know you, and befriend you, would i?” She told him with a bitter smile.

 

Yonghwa stared at her with wide eyes and continued to observe the very girl who cried with him throughout the 5 minutes they had embraced.What's with this girl? I shouted hurtful words at her, treated her coldly, even overlooked her kindness towards me. But now she's here telling me to my face that she's glad that i'am here?  and before he knew it, those grim lips had curved upwards into a warm smile. Really, some woman you are, Shinhye ah.


A/N : Updated again! xD 

So, how're you all doing lately? doing well i hope! And what do you all think of the update? please do drop a few words in the comment box and let me know! XD

Hey btw, Yonghwa's going solo in the mid of 2014? He's not going out of Cnblue right?? he's just making an album for himself but not get out of the band right? (So scared that i might misunderstand something) But despite my worries, i'm so glad for him! <3 it's a huge accomplishment and i can't wait to listen to the album! 

Anyways, hope you all enjoyed the update and see you all nex time! XD