Cold Night -left out part-

Le Mademoiselle and her Butler

The girl tip-toed her way to the silent boy and hid behind the miniature pine trees on just a few steps from where Yonghwa is standing. She fidgeted and tapped her foot, not too sure to whether or not to enter Yonghwa’s line of sight.

Meanwhile, Yonghwa was in the middle of self introspecting by trying his best to calm down his nerves. He always had this habit of staring into the evening sky whenever he feels distressed. A little voice inside of his tells him that it makes his spirit and hardships fly away whenever he does.

The boy then finds himself inhaling deep breaths of the cold air surrounding him, feeling the shivering cold air going into his nostrils, into his lungs, and back out, forming a thin warm cloudy air of breath.

Shinhye who had been closely observing him for a while now can almost immediately tell that he has a lot on his mind.

I wonder what’s gotten into him. The girl had thought worriedly In school too, he isn’t his usual self. Did he just experience heartbreak or some kind?

The boy then continued t walk towards his dorm in unusually slow steps, swaying his long legs as far and as slow as possible while he’s at it.

Omo I have to follow him Shinhye thought immediately and continued to shuffle quietly behind him.

Yonghwa then paused briefly as he heaved a long sigh before making a u turn, startling the sneaking Shinhye who instinctively hid behind a nearby bush. Unfortunately for Shinhye, his ears are far sharper than she could even imagine.

“Go back inside before you catch a cold” He ordered

Shinhye kept her lips tightly shut assuming that he was just guessing someone is following him, but still didn’t realize her presence.

After heaving one last sigh, Yonghwa then gave up after receiving no reply and walked on ahead.

Thank goodness Shinhye thought in relief after hearing Yonghwas’ footsteps getting farther away. Right, back to- “Omo?!”

As Shinhye turned around, she found Yonghwa standing next to her, crossing his arms, looking displeased.

“Y-yonghwa” Shinhye stuttered as she looked at him with apologetic eyes “I didn’t mean to-“

Without even giving her a chance to finish her sentence, Yonghwa lifted his right arm and pointed his index finger at the front door to the masters’ mansion and said “Go back. Now”

Shinhyes’ heart dropped upon hearing him saying that. His use of language, his tone, and his expression are the pure definition of loneliness and cold.

They stood still for a few seconds at that position. Both exchanging gazes, looking deep into each others’ orbs, as if one were reading the others mind, before a powerful gust of wind had broken the silence.

The girl shivered slightly from the sudden impact, while Yonghwa didn’t move a muscle, like he had been a statue.

“Get in” He said lastly as he let his arm down, knowing that there is no point in doing it any much longer. “Before I start to change my mind and leave you alone here” he said before slipping both of his hands in his pockets.

“A-ani I’ll go in” Shinhye finally spoke afterwards and turned around.

Yonghwa turned around as well and started walking back, while Shinhye before deciding to leave stole one last glance of Yonghwas’ back , whom to her shock, looked weak and somewhat… lonely.

Without a second thought, the girl changed her direction once again and dashed towards him, ignoring the cold chilly air that had hit her face and turned her nose and ears to bright shades of red.

When he was within arm’s reach she reached out for him and grabbed the collar of his sweater.

Surprised by the sudden contact Yonghwa immediately turned around to face her and then stare into her eyes with a questioning and puzzled look. “What are you doing?” he finally asked her while eyeing her hands which are tugging onto wool sweater.

“I… don’t know” She finally said, surprising herself “But I have this feeling that you’re in no condition to be left alone”

Yonghwa scoffed upon her reasoning and released his arm from her grip “Why am i? Do I look like a lost child? An abandoned puppy? A pitiful little orphan who has nothing left of him but a mere name?!”

Shinhye was taken a back from his last metaphor, which didn’t sound like a metaphor. It sounded more like, he was describing himself? She couldn’t be sure.

What she was sure of though, a high pitched, cracked, wail is not something that would normally come out of Yonghwas’ mouth. From that alone, she immediately knew that something is definitely wrong with him. And she is more than willing to find out why.


A/N : I wanted to add this bit to the previous chap, but i thought it would be a pain for you guys to re-read the whole of the last chaper again, so i separated the additional story on the previous chap, hehe hope you all don't mind :)