Busted

Le Mademoiselle and her Butler

As Yonghwa shut the door behind him, he could almost feel the piercing glares that his master was emitting from him. The boy looked up slowly to meet his eyes with him, hoping to read the incomprehensible face that he’s making. As soon as he did, he began to regret his decision.

 

“Yonghwa” The master repeated “My boy, my son, why have you come late again?”

 

Yonghwa then went into deep thought. If he were to use the excuse that he declared to Minhyuk, it would be a definite suicide. However, telling the truth wouldn’t do any better. It might even make matters worse. However, he told him a different lie; there is a great possibility of him being caught.

 

Yonghwa’s thoughts kept going on and on. It is endless. He cannot find any answer that will not cost any consequences. He is now in a complete dilemma.

 

“Yonghwa” His master repeated, snapping him out of his thoughts. “Don’t lie to me, hm?” His master whispered the last part in a softer voice.

 

Yonghwa’s headshot right up when he heard his comment. When he did, guilt had consumed him. How could he even consider of lying to his master, who was his savior, and in so many cases, his father.

 

“I-“ He began nervously "I am terribly sorry, I am really-“

 

A warm hand had stopped him before he could go on “Is it something you don’t have it in you to tell me?”

 

He looked up to his master, his incredibly kind and understanding master and begun to tear up as he thought “I can’t lie to this man, he’s seen right through me”.

 

The lord then gave him a friendly pat on the back as he let out a little chuckle. “I was a teenager once too. So I know it when you say that there are some things that you couldn’t tell me”. Yonghwas eyes widened as he heard him, amazed that he could even bring up to compare himself to a lowly butler such as himself.

 

“Especially when it involves women” He carried on, leaving Yonghwa completely dumbfounded. “Omo? Why did you freeze, Yonghwa ssi? Didn’t I hit the bulls eye?”

 

Rewind

 

“Master master! Our lady and Yonghwa Hyung has finally returned home!”

 

“Oh?” He simply said as he directed his sight to towards the clock hanging on the other side of the wall “It’s past curfew though…” He commented as he looked at Minhyuk “Do you have a vague idea why minhyuk?”

 

Truthfully, Mihyuk had witnessed everything. This was probably the most possible reason why he fled as soon as he beatun up that Gong chan guy. He was a little to embarrassed to intrude in between the two who had been hugging affectionately and decided to leave the two alone.

 

The reason he asked the two why they had been late and skipped class was to figure out whether they want it to keep it a secret or not. If they lied, he knows for sure, that they want to keep it a secret. Or probably, decided to forget about the incident. The boy can never be too sure.

 

However, he is sure, that he shouldn’t intrude too much on their business.

 

“They mentioned about stopping by at a nearby café” He explained, leaving out the bit piece of information about them skipping class.

 

“Oh?” The master raised a brow “I never knew that Yonghwa was loose enough to let my girl to stop by at a café, not to mention that they arrived past curfew” He stated as he combed his beard with his bare hands. Though Yonghwa was rather rebellious when he was younger, he is now certainly very obedient and strict as soon as he hit puberty, what hit him I wonder?

 

“Y-yeah” Minhyuk followed up nervously. Master couldn’t have possibly seen through me, could he?

 

The master then smirked as soon as some kind of idea had crossed his mind “Alright then, “He said shortly after as he stood up from his seat “I’ll go and welcome them home” He said with a big smile on his face.

 

As Mihyuk witnessed the big grin on his face, he knew he can sigh in relief. If the master were feeling anything right now, it couldn’t possibly be anger or fury.

 

Back to now

 

“Involve… women?” Yonghwa repeated what his master had said in a more hushed tone.

 

“Yes! Of course! What else is there regarding this matter that can explain your late arrival?” He said nonchalantly “Come on, you can’t hide anything from me~” He teased the growing boy.

 

Yonghwa then blushed in deep shades of red when he had heard his masters statement and followed up with a counterattack “I- I can’t possibly have the nerve to even dare think of my lady in such a way!” He defended himself desperately

 

The master then grunted as he heard his comment “So, you think my Shinhye is not woman enough to not make you think of her in such a way?” he said in a rather angry tone

 

Yonghwa then shook his head ferociously as he strongly denied “Ani! Ani yo! You’re daughter is drop dead gorgeous! Kind! Smart and-“

 

“So then what is your problem?!?!?!” The master then followed up furiously

 

My lord, what are you doing? Minhyuk mentally sighed himself as he eavesdropped on them.

 

“I… am a mere butler” Yonghwa then said rather sullenly and made a rather empty face.

 

The master noticed this and immediately softened as he witnessed the rather pitiful boy. “Thank you for respecting my daughter” He thanked the boy for noticing the nonfictional border lines made by “status” between the two childhood friends.

 

“But, my daughter is not that narrow minded” The master said as he calmly looked at the boy “She is like her mother that way. Non-discriminate. Always thinking out of the box. Open minded” He stated with a rather nonchalant tone. “I wouldn’t be surprised if she were to waltz up to me bringing up a commoner as her boyfriend” He stated lastly.

 

The boy shot his head upwards at his words with an unreadable expression. “What are you trying to say, master?”

 

“I’m telling you to go all out to be a special person in her heart”

 

The boys’ eyes widened at his statement

 

“Don’t think that I haven’t noticed the way that you’ve looked at her”

 

As Yonghwa gaped, the master continued “I’ve noticed your feelings” The master continued as he closed his eyes an remembered the time when Yonghwa came back after finding the missing Shinhye during their summer as 10 year olds. “From way back” He can clearly see the affectionate eyes that were following his daughter whenever she went. Which are the eyes of a boy in love?

 

“Way back?” Yonghwa asked

 

The master then chuckled as he carried on “Looks like I noticed your feeling before you did”


A/N: Hello peepz~ i updated again~ hohoho it must be the miracles of january (?) anywho~ i enjoyed typing the chapter so i hope y'all enjoyed the update too~

And no, though Shinhye's father is strict, he is very easy gong and playful around this topic, kekke. Sorry making you all worried~ Instead of a scolding Yonghwa got encouragement instead! hahaha so, what will happen next? stay tuned! cause i'm actually writing the chapter right now! (man i'm pumped up so early in the morning...)

Love you my wonderful subbies!! XD and until next time!!