Things Are Not Always What They Seem

Le Mademoiselle and her Butler

Gong chan waited patiently until Minhyuks continuous sobbing had subsided. The boy sat against the pine tree and hid behind the bushes. After Minhyuk had a good 10 minutes of crying the boy went silent and walked away.

Is he gone now? Gong chan thought as he peeked from the back of the tree. After observing his surroundings and concluded that it was safe, the boy then emerges from his hiding spot and walked up to the tomb.

The boy bowed respectfully then handed the white lily. Once he did he looked painfully at the tombstone as he begun. “Good evening Mr. and Mrs Lee” The boy began “Good evening young master Jaejin.” The boy then paused as he began to pale and bowed down on his knees “I’m sorry, I’m so sorry” He chanted as he had his head firmly planted on the ground .

Not far from where Gong-chan was kneeling two figures had stood and stared.

“How long has he been doing this?” a cold voice questioned

“Apart from you and another man, this boy has been visiting their grave ever since their burial” The old haraboje answered. “He never enters whenever I’m awake though. That’s why I always pretend to sleep to let the poor boy enter at ease.”

Minhyuk stared emptily at Gong chans kneeling figure in pity as he thought “Did we have a wrong opinion about him this whole time?”

“Mboya? Do you know the boy?”

“I thought I knew.” Minhyuk said, referring to Gong chans character “But now, I’m not so sure anymore”


“Yonghwa?” Shinhye said as they chomped down their late dinner.

“Hm?” The boy lifted up his head with his chipmunk cheeks filled with the steak that the maids had served earlier.

“Is it okay…” The girl begun cautiously, “…If I ask you to tell me about your forgotten memories?”

The boy looked at her surprised, immediately chewed and swallowed his food then asked “Wae yo? Why the sudden interest?”

“Well if you don’t want to tell me it’s perfectly fine-“

“Ani.” The boy interrupted “I never said that I didn’t want to tell you, did I?” He reassured her that she didn’t ask something out of the line.

“Chincha?” The girl lightened up

The boy then smiled as he gave her a reassuring smile. “Go on. Ask me whatever you want”

Shinhye then smiled excitedly as she immediately thought deep. She had so many questions to ask the boy. Though they have lived under the same roof for 8 years, she knows nothing of his past, since her dad had told her not to.

“Then… is your last name Jung?”

“De. You’re right” He said with a smile. “It feels good to know your last name after forgetting it for such a long time” He said with a sigh.

All this time, it has always been just ‘Yonghwa’. Deep inside, Yonghwa had always been envious of the people who had last names.

Why? Because with that, the children have carried on their parents names, history, and roots. Without it, Yonghwa had always felt that he had lost half of his identity. And he is now more than happy to have reclaimed it.

Shinhye smiled as she continued to cut her steak into square pieces. Yonghwa then looked at her questioningly for a moment before asking. “Is that it?”

“Mbo?” The girl replied with her chipmunk cheeks filled with food.

Yonghwa chuckled slightly at the adorable sight before going on “Is that it? I mean your question for me?”

The girl expanded her eyes then shrunk them again while she slowly nod her head as a sign of understanding and then swallowed her food before answering “ De” She replied shortly.

Yonghwa arched one of his eyebrows and was about to say something but was then halted by Shinhyes’ pointing index finger “For today only” She said with a mischievous smile. “There will be more to come as days pass Yonghwa ya” She said with a smile.

“I see” Yonghwa said after taking the final piece of meat and chomped it down immediately. “I will be expecting more to come then”

“Much, much more to come” Shinhye emphasized as she took both their plates to the sink.

“Milady, I can manage-“

“Non-sense. You just got through a breakthrough, you must be exhausted” She reasoned as she shooed him away “Go ahead and sleep. We still have school tomorrow” She said as she walked for a bit but then turned around again “Or are you planning on taking a break?”

The boy then shook his head as he smiled “Ani. I’ll be going to school tomorrow”

“Alright then go ahead and sleep”

“After I lock up the gates” Yonghwa replied and went out.

As soon as Yonghwa went out one of the maids went up to Shinhye and said that she was summoned by her father.

“Aboji ga?” She asked the maid for confirmation

“De. Just now, he asked me to tell you to hurry into his room”

Shinhye had a puzzled look on her face until she had knocked onto her fathers door. “Aboji? It’s me, your doughter”

“…Come in” He answered.

Shinhye opened the door right after the command and found not only her father but Sebastian sitting alongside with him as well.

“Sebastian?” The girl called out that name after not calling it out for a while with a smile.

“Agaashi…” The old man smiled back as he stood up and bowed before her and went straight back in his seat.

“Shinhye, “ her dad begun “Came here and sit for awhile neh?”


Yonghwa went out after getting his cardigan and the gate keys. He strolled down the stone path care freely until an intimidating figure had stood across the other side of the gates.

He looked at the intimidating figure wide eyed and froze in his place. The figure then smiled maliciously as he uttered “Why hello there Mr. Jung” he begun as he lifted up his right palm.

“You.” He hissed with a stern voice “What are you doing here?”

 The boy then slipped his hands into his pockets as he leaned closer to Yonghwa “Just on my way to visit an old friend of mine”

Yonghwa then scoffed in disbelief as he eyed him. “What friend? There’s no way I’ll get an inch closer than you already are to my lady-”

“Whoa there chingu ah” Jung shin halted him as he waved his palms in front of him in disapproval. Yonghwa looked at him in confusion until he had spoken. “I came here to see you”


“Why the sudden tension appa? Is there something important that you need to tell me?”

The man then guided his daughter to sit next to him as he called out “You may come out now. Mr Lee”

Shinhye’s eyes had widened upon the name that had came out of her fathers’ very mouth.

A figure then walked in as he took off his high dosage glasses as sat right across Shinhye as he politely greets her “Anyeonghaseyo Lady Shinhye.” He beamed with a cute-innocent smile.

“Ah… Anyeong” The girl bowed back politely.

“Shinhye, meet your therapist.” Her father began.

“Therapist?!” The girl exclaimed almost immediately in shock. “Why do I need a thera-“

“We will soon get to that milady” The boy said as he stood up and pressed on her pinpoint as she immediately set her off to sleep. The boy caught her and carried her onto her fathers’ bed and placed her gently.

“He’s really as good as his deceased father” Sebastian uttered as he witnessed the scene and shifted his gaze to Myungsoo who looked utterly worried “Wae? Are you worried?”

“Ani. Why should I be? He’s just making sure that all her memories are still kept away”

Sebastian the gazed at his little lady again sadly and uttered “Why do we have to keep her memories hidden so deep?” The man wondered and then gazed back at him. “What are you so afraid of, myungsoo?”

“I just don’t want to lose anyone anymore Sebastian” He uttered sadly.

Confused, Sebastian shrugged the thought thinking that he might’ve asked something that he shouldn’t.

Meanwhile…

“Me? Why would you want to see me?” Yonghwa asked him coldly.

The boy then arched one of his eyebrows as he continues to taunt the poor boy. “Wae? Can’t I even greet my favorite dongsaeng?”

“Stop saying nonsense and say what you want!!” Yonghwa finally exploded.

Amused, the boy then laughed out loud as he blatantly said, “Omo Yonghwa yah… you were always so temperamental, I’ve missed it”

“Stop saying things like we know each other! Just what-“

Ignoring what Yonghwa had to say, Jungshin pulled out a familiar looking bracelet from his pocket as he showed it to Yonghwa “Hey Yonghwa, do you really not remember this thing?”

Yonghwa looked at the bracelet that Jung shin was holding and then asked “What about that bracelet?”

Jung shin then scoffed in disbelief as he went on “Yah. That’s too much Yonghwa, don’t you know how important was this item to my Jaejin?!”

Jaejin? Yonghwa repeated in his mind. That name sounds so familiar yet distant. Whose name…

“Yah! You little piece of-“

“Young master.” A voice had halted Jung from screaming any louder. “Let’s leave it at that for today, shall we?”

When the other figure had faced Yonghwa it literally sent shivers down his spine.

“Yoon... sasaengnim?”


A/N: Anyeong people! I've updated once again!

So here a lot of things happened all at once, i hope you all didn't have a hard time reading them and enjoyed it instead! ^^ So, a lot of people are not as bad as they seem. But some... are actually the ones Yonghwa and Shinhye should be cautious about? Stay tuned for more updates in the future!

P.S H-4 until i get to see Kim Soo Hyun oppa!!!! <3

P.S.S Please drop some lovely comments for me to see your reaction guys! (I hope i'm doing well X()