By The Time I Realized, It was Too Late

Le Mademoiselle and her Butler

Authors point of view:

Shinhye's mouth had gaped wide shaped like a perfect 'o'. She blinked once. twice. And finally, trice. The guy laughed as he sees her reaction, then flashed her a wide smile.

"Hello there, fancy meeting you here" The guy said while sending off enchanting smiles towards shinhye, who is now blushing bright shades of red.

"H-hello" Shinhye answered in a staggered voice, her hand that are holding the can of orange juice were trembling slighty from the sudden interaction.

Sulli stared at her friend with a grin, a grin that no one whould have ever expected to come from sulli. It was somehow devilish, and... naughty. She looked like a child that is in the midst of plotting some prank on a friend. But of course, since it's sulli, she couldn't be, possibly thinking of setting a prank. could she?

"Hey, did you guys possibly meet before-hand?" she asked curiously

Shin hye turned her head toward Sulli absurdly with embarassed eyes, though there really shouldn't be anything for her to be embarassed about. The guy looked at Shin hye questionly and then smiled as he faced to Sulli.

"She returned a book to the library last time, and i happen to be the librarian at that day" he asnwered calmly

"Omo? Is that so?" Sulli asked with a slightly shocked tone, then turned to Shin hye "Did you introduce yourself properly Shin hye Eonni?" She asked politely

Shin hye slightly shook her head in response.

"My how rude of my cousin, i should introduce him properly then. This guy is called Lee Jong hyun" Sulli formally introduced him to Shinhye. "He's my cousin"

Shin hye's point of view:

My brain had rewinded over 10 times what Sulli had mentioned earlier. 'He' is her cousin?! I couldn't digest that fact yet, i just couldn't. Some unexplainable butterffly-like feeling were fluttering in my stomach, and i can feel the heat rush throughout my face.

Is this what they call 'Fate?' is this what they call 'Destiny'? This kind of meeting i mean.I feel happier than a little kid who just got its favorite candy, and happier than a fluttering bird. I am not sure why, but i feel like my heads are high up in the clouds.

"Uh.. Shin hye eonni?"

"De?" I replied Sulli subconciously with this absolutely wide and weird grin that caused her to gasp. "Uh-um..." I said while i quickly transformed that awful grin with a normal smile  "i mean, yeah? What is it?"

Sulli had eye pointed toward her left, as she was facing me. I turned my head towards that direction to see Lee Jong hyun smiling with both of his eyebrows raised as if he were waiting for a response. I Quickly shook my head, then knocked it lightly with my fist.

"How silly of me..." I replied awkwardly "My name's Shin hye, Park shinhye" i answered him back

He nodded in response then extended his hand while saying "Nice to make your aqcuaintance" 

I stared at his extended hand then slowly extended mine. But then before i can reach his hand, he held onto mine and gripped it tightly, while shaking it. 

My eyes widened during the skinship, even when it had finished.

"So... What are you guys doing here at our zoo?" he said after he had slipped both of his hands into his pocket.

"I'm just paying a visit, since uncle gave me two free tickets the last time i visited to your place"

"But the other ticket was meant for your boyfriend"

"I told you countless times, i don't HAVE any. And for the mean time... i'm not planning on getting any" Sulli stubborly replied as she crossed her arms and looked away.

Jonghyun sighed then continued "You know how grandpa feels about you not having a fiance at this stage"

"Grandpa can feel whatever he wants! I'm not his doll! He can't controll me along with my life however he pleases!"

"Sulli!"

Before Jong hyun can say another word, Sulli had stormed off to the opposite direction, completely forgetting that she had abandoned me, who is mentally in a shocked state. What happened to the small, cute, shy , and polite Sulli that i know?

"Please excuse her behaviour" Jonghyun stated, as he has probably guessed what's going through my mind right now.

"A-ani yo... it's fine. It was just a little bit... unexpected"

"She's always been like that. Kind of... Bipolar, is what people would normally call it" jong hyun explained with an annoyed face that were staring off into the direction the Sulli had stormed off to.

"Bipolar?"

"She always turn into her other personality whenever she is being overly pressured, or when a sensitive topic to her comes up"

"I-i see" i answered, unable to come up with any other reply.

Then Jonghyun stared at me. I can almost feel his dagger-like stare looking to me. The sudden silence felt so suffocating, yet i don't want to move. Why though? Why can't i come up with a normal conversation with Jonghyun like i always do with the others?

While i was deep into my own thoughts, he finally spoke "Did you finish touring the zoo?

"De?"

"Is that a 'Yes'?" He asked with one of his eyebrows raised

"Ani! N-no! I meant no!"

He let out a little laugh then looked at me again, as he said "You're one amusing kid"

I scratched the back of my head, until i finally felt a sudden pull.

"Then let's tour the rest of the zoo"

"But-"

"Don't worry, i know my way around here pretty well. I've been coming here since i was a young kid anyway"

In the place where Jonghyun holds, i can feel my hands sweating. Why are they sweating? And why can i feel my heartbeat up in my throat? it's not like i've been running around. But My chest is somewhat warm, and fluffly inside. 

What on earth is this sweet-bitter feeling?

Sulli's point of view:

"Omo.... did i just left Shin hye eonni back there?" I thought in my head, when my anger had finally calmed down.

Feeling awfully guilty for leaving Shin hye eonni with a guy that she hardly knows of, i sprinted back to where they were, hoping that they are still there.

I sprinted, and sprinted, until i came to a halt. I face-palmed myself when i sensed the awkward atmosphere that is lingering in the air between them. "Aish... i shouldn't have stormed off like that" I mentally scolded myself.

When i was busy thinking of an excuse to come back and not looks stupid  from that childish behaviour, a sudden abrupt movement that Jonghyun made left my mouth gaped once again.

He grabbed Shin hye eonni's beautiful milky smooth hands and dragged her off to another direction.

"What on earth is that babo doing?!" I mentaly cursed him inside my head. But before i went to chase them off, i took a quick glance at Shinhye eonni's face that was grabbed Jonghyun.

It was bright red.

The worst possibility had stormed into my mind, to what that kind of blush meant. My head dropped down as i weakly shook my head.

"It can't be... No, not that babo" I sulked as i held onto my forehead hopelessly "Not that dirty, and low jerk" i finally said and sighed. "But i guess, letting her spend the rest of the day with the one she likes wouldn't hurt" i finally reasoned myself.

I decided to head on home and inform her 'Bodyguard' that she'll be going home later. Well, from what i see, this is the best option.

Yonghwa's point of view:

"He.... Perished?" i repeated what my master had said previously in a shocked tone.

"Yes.... it was a shame really, he was a really bright young boy" My master said as his eyes seemed distant "I was actually planning to hook Shin hye up with that boy, too bad he had died before i can make a proposal to Jung in sook" he chuckled seeply, with contradicting tears that had flowed down his cheek.

"In seok is a good friend of mine. He was like family to me..."

Before he could continue, I Grabbed his shoulders, and pulled him into a hug. I could feel his body shaking weakly as i hugged tighter, and gave him a light pat on the back.

I had this sudden urge to do so, since he exists as a father to me for these past 8 years of my life. Seeing him depressed like this, somehow pains me.

"I'm sorry master, if you can't continue, then i won't ask any further"

He shook his head then answered "No Yonghwa, it's about time for me too... to let him go"

Before i knew it, tears were already swelling up in my eyes. I quickly rubbed them off with one of my hand before i let go of my hug. 

"Yonghwa..." My master looked at me and held onto my shoulder gently "You too, and minhyuk... both of you are already like family to me. You are the sons that i have dreamed but never had" he said with a sincere smile

"Always creating lively atmospheres, always taking care and protecting my Shinhye... All of those things that you have done all of these years... i really do appreciate it. And i hope you will continue it, even in the far future."

"De-"

"Well at least, until Shinhye finds herself a husband" 

My eyes had widened when master had mentioned 'husband'. A sudden sharp pain had pierced into my chest. I realized, though i am family, i will never be the person that will protect this family forever. It's not me.

The lady that i have protected and growed up with, will not stay and grow old with me.

"you have to let that little lady of yours go"

Gongchan's words rang inside my head again. I finally understood what he meant. Most probably, he sensed my attachment towards this family, and had warned me before-hand. He was being considerate. 

But wait, gongchan doesn't know that i'm her real-life butler though?

Ah screw it... what's important, i realized that i have grown an unbroken bond towards this family, especially my lady. But what am i supposed to do? I cannot undo this unbroken chain, not anymore.

 


A/N: Hello there my lovely readers!This is the author speaking, hehe. Anyways, updated! i hope you all like it, and i hope i am not dissapointing anyone (-v-)/ (if i am, just let me know, k?)

And as always, i want to thank you all for your endless patience and love for this fic! Really, it means a lot to me! (TTvTT)

AND, I want to welcome the new subscribers to this fantasy world that i have created! :D Just wanna say, brace yourselves for a lot of mystery and drama in this fic kekeke... And for the Upvoters.... i give you my fluffy hugs! i have no idea that this story can actually get upvotes! ( well i did think that it would, but not in the first 9 chapters!) So thank you for your kind generousity! *bows*

Anyways, i might annoy some of you now, so i will shut up now, haha. So see y'all soon! (hopefully)

P.S PLEASEEEEE COMMENT i highly appreciate comments :)