His Circumstances

Le Mademoiselle and her Butler

Classes for the morning session had ended, and it was about time for students to go and grab their lunches. Following her usual routine, Shinhye took out her wallet and turn around to check whether or not Yonghwa had fallen asleep, which to her disappointment, no. This means that She wouldn’t be allowed to leave his line of sight.

“Let’s go to the cafeteria, Shinhye ah~” The neighboring boy who Shinhye had completely forgotten about sang as he wrapped his arms around her shoulder.

The girl eyed him in disbelief until she felt a strong pull coming from her left arm.

“Stop molesting her with your filthy hands” Yonghwa threatened as he leered

Jung shin scoffed as he scanned the boy from the tip of his hair to the tip of his toes “I didn’t see you yesterday,” He simply uttered and eyed Shinhye “Your boyfriend was sick yesterday?”

Ears from all over the room perked up as everyone froze for a moment at the question. They want to confirm it again whether or not they are in a relationship.

“Ani.” Shinhye straightforwardly denied Jung shins assumption “He’s not my boyfriend” She explained then went on, “He’s a distant cousin of mine”

The declaration had slightly hurt Yonghwa, but he then decided to ignore the feeling and went on “Yonghwa’s the name” He uttered not wanting to start off with a bad start with the new guy. He then extended his hand, asking for the others for a formal introduction’. “And you are?”

Jungshins eyes widened at the mention of Yonghwa’s name and scanned the boy thoroughly once again. Yonghwa?  “I’ve never heard of a name ‘Park Yonghwa’’ Jungshin stated rather sharply as he eyed him.

Shinhye and Yonghwa then froze in place. They never thought that anyone would be enough to ask them for the details, so they never came up with another lie other than that. Shinhye looked at Yonghwa in panic, asking for him to find a good scenario to fool Jungshin.

Yonghwa then thought deeply as an idea had flashed his head “My grandmother is from the Park family. So my family’s last name is no longer ‘park” He mentioned, followed by Shinhyes silent inward sigh.

Jungshin squinted one of his eyes and bought the excuse for now. “I see. Nice meeting you, um?” He paused, waiting for Yonghwa to utter his Family name.

“Yonghwa. Kang Yonghwa” Yonghwa borrowed Minhyuks last name.

“Kang… Yonghwa?”  Jungshin repeated, to make sure he didn’t get the name wrong.

“De” The boy answered

Jungshin just smiled as he turned around “Well, I’ve lost my appetite. You guys go on ahead and have lunch” He said as he walked off towards the library.

As Jungshin walked to the library, he tried remembering again Yonghwas’ face and matched it with the ‘Yonghwa’ that he knew 8 years ago. They’re the same boy He thought in his head, as he compared the two faces with an old picture in his wallet. How come he doesn’t remember me?

Jung shin opened the door to the empty library and smirked upon seeing the man he had been dying to see. “Jonghyun ah!” He called out with a wide smile.

Jonghyun turned around slowly as his frown grew deeper until eyeing the man. “What are you doing here?” He asked coldly.

“Awww don’t be so cold to your hyung~ It’s been so long since I last saw you~” He chirped cutely at the frowning boy.

Jonghyun then gritted his teeth as he curled up his hand into a fist ball, trying really hard to contain his anger. “Get out” he hissed as he turned around without sparing Jung shin another look.

“Omo? You too?” Jung shin whined “Why are all my dongsaengs so cold to me?” He whimpered as he pretended to cry.

“HOW-‘ Jonghyun begun “CAN YOU ACT SO SHAMELESSLY LIKE THAT? YOU DISGUSTING-“

Just as Jonghyun leashed out his anger, Jung shins expression turned dark “Omo~ being rude now, aren’t we?”

Jonghyun froze upon seeing that expression and felt fear, creeping into his whole body. This is like the Lee’s special gift, being able to hide such a character under those smiley faces. Jonghyun stepped back as Jungshin came nearer “Now, my dear dongsaeng…” He whispered to him as he walked closer, and took out his wallet from his pocket. “Would you like to cooperate with me?” and slipped out a picture of Shinhye.

“Why do you-“

Jung shins smirk had silenced him “She dumped you right?”

Jonghyun can only growl under his breath when he heard Jungshin poking every bit of his pride. Jonghyun had long given up on Shinhye ever since the unfortunate incident between Gong chan and Shinhye’s bodyguards, and no longer seeks her wealth. If earning her wealth meant hurting Gong chan in any other way, he would rather give up on it.

“I no longer have any desire to have her. It’s just a waste of time.” He uttered.

Jung shin hummed and put the picture back in his wallet “Well, that’s too bad” and backed off “I thought you would at least be a little useful to me” He said coldly as he looked down on him.

Jonghyun can only gnaw harder at Jung shins judgment of him and hung his head low in disgrace. He finds himself as a coward for not being able to fight back him.

As Jung shin walked towards the door he then stopped and uttered “Oh. And thank you for taking my position for president in that corrupted corporation.” He said in monotone as he turned slightly giving him a smirk “Thanks to that, I can live my life however I want” and then walked out finally.

Jonghyun plopped onto the library chair as he panted heavily from the tension. Just then, he heard the door creak, revealing a figure of girl.

“Master Jonghyun?” Her voice echoed softly across the room.

Jonghyun looked up to see a rather petite girl with long fringed brunette hair. She then walked slowly, closing the distance between them and then leaned forward to see the rather exhausted Jonghyun. She frowned upon the sight, and brought herself to ask. “Are you feeling quite alright?”

Jonghyun just stared at her blankly as she took her handkerchief to wipe off his cold sweat from his forehead. When she did, she handed out a wrapped lunchbox to him. “Here, Sir Gong-chan told me to deliver this to you”

Then Jonghyun finally remembered. This girl is the new maid that they hired. So this is why she’s wearing casual clothes, she not a student of this school. He then took the lunchbox from her as he uttered. “You may leave now”

The girl then bowed humbly at him, letting her long brunette hair fall smoothly across her face. “I will be going now” She uttered before turning 180 degrees to walk out of the room.

Being rich sure has its hardships The girl thought silently as she trotted back home.

Gong chan stood still outside, near the closed library door. In fact he had been there all along, right around the time Jung shin entered the room. So, when Jung shin walked out, he saw him there.

Aren’t you going in Gong-chan?”

“I think I’ll leave him alone for awhile”

Jung shin paused until he continued “…. Do you remember me Gong-chan?”

The boy raised his gaze and met his eyes “How can I not?”

Jung shin chuckled lightly as he carried on “Then, you must remember Shinhye right?”

Gong chan stood there silent, frozen in his spot.

“Well” Jung shin begun as he looked at him in a rather taunting manner. “You can’t possibly forget the child of the person you murdered right?”

Gong chan gnawed as he curled his fist into a ball “Shut up!” he then hissed sternly at him.

‘Ah! My bad, Jonghyun might’ve heard me, now wouldn’t he?Jung shin teased as he playfully put his hands above his mouth, pretending to shut himself up.

Gong chan looked away as he gritted his teeth. He is now mortified for not being able to deny a single thing.

*Flashback*

“Gong chan…” The late master summoned Gong chan to his study room “You care for my son right?”

Gong chan nodded his head slightly at the statement, and waited for him to proceed.

“Then, you’ll do anything to make him happy right?” He carried on with a rather sinister smile

Gong chan nodded almost immediately at the statement, then continued to listen

“Alrught then. If you do me this favor, I promise you, Jonghyun will be the happiest person in the world” He then handed out a paper with datas of a certain person.

“Who is Park Ah Ri?” The innocent boy asked

“She was a good friend of mine, who is now the Lady of the Park household” He begun “And the Presidents, Park Myungsoos beloved wife” He explained.

“Why are you giving me her personal information?”

“For you to study on” He said in monotone.

“For what?”

“To plan a perfect assassination of her”

Gong chan froze in place upon hearing his order. Though he was only 8, he perfectly understood what it meant. “I… have to kill her?”

The late master then smiled sinisterly as he spoke “Indeed you need to. For Jonghyuns happiness” The man explained.

“But…”

“Didn’t you say you wish for Jonghyun, your beloved brother-like friend to be happy?”

He then clenched the piece of paper in his grip as he begun in a stuttered manner “I don’t think killing people is what master Jonghyun really-“

Just as Gong chan spoke up, a painful sting had hit across his face as he was thrown away across the room. He held onto his aching cheek as he stared back at his late master in shock.

“Enough with your useless procrastinations” The late master growled “ Either you kill that woman, or get out of this house”

Little Gong chan who had nowhere to go to have no choice but to follow the late masters orders and gave him an understanding nod. “Arassoh…” He begun weakly, as he desperately tried to hold back the tears due to the painful slap “Give me some time to plan the assassination”

“Very good” He ended the conversation then dismissed him.

Gong chan walked up to his room, which is one near Jonghyuns room, only to find little Jonghyun leaning against the wall, waiting for his return,

“What took you so long?” He grunted and walked up to him “what did my father say to you?”

Gong chan just gave him a soft smile as he replied “It’s nothing important,” and gave him a light push “You should get some rest master Jonghyun”

Jonghyun then pouted “Arassoh,” But then paused “but not until you go in your room first” He requested, to make sure that his unreasonable father won’t make him work late again.

The boy smiled understandingly as he walked silently into his room.

If it meant keeping that lively master Jonghyun happy, I’ll do anything, as much as killing a person.

*End of flashback*

Though Gong chan had already made that resolution, another worry had crept up his mind “What if he hates me for being a murderer?” He thought in panic. Until atap on his shoulder had snapped him out of his thoughts.

“Gong chan?” The boy uttered in worry “How long have you been standing here?

Gong chan then turned around to meet eyes with Jonghyun who is now already staring at him with worry. “The bell rang long ago, didn’t you hear it?”

Gong chan smiled “Then why are you still here?”

Jonghyun stiffened “I-I was about to go.” He said while averting his gaze “Let’s go, before the second bell rings”

Gong chan chuckled lightly at the boy before answering him “I’ll do that” I’ll worry about that later. He thought

And with that, the two walked back to their classes


A/N: Anyeong~ Just updated again!

So yeah, Jonghyun and Gong chan aren't that bad now are they? They had their own circumstances too :/ ugh, why so complictaed (Smacks my head) hahah well, that's the best part of this fic isn't it? kekeke *proud authornim then gets smacked by the characters in the story*

Now then, flashbacks are everywhere in this fic, so if it's confusing you in anyway, just let me know k??

haha okay that's it from me for now! Hope you all enjoyed the update! and see you all next time!!! XD <3