Who Belongs in Her Heart

Le Mademoiselle and her Butler

Crouching down on the floor shinhye cried and cried. All the memories that had been buried deep inside her had suddenly burst out flooding her mind. Every. Single. Thing.

 

“Eonni!” Sulli cried again for the nth time as her tears swelled up “Eonni chaeball!! Please come to your senses!!”

 

But Shinhye stayed in that exact same position. Immovable. “Op..ppa….” She finally whispered before collapsing and losing her consciousness.

 

“Eonni!!!” Sulli screamed hysterically as she held Shinhye in her arms. “H-help! Help! Someone please help!” The girl turned her head back and forth, hoping for someone to hear her call.

 

Just then, a figure stayed still a few meters back. I was Yonghwa, who was stoned in his current spot. No… no…. Shinhye  After regaining his senses the boy immediately ran to her and held her dearly. Sulli who zoned out finally sighed in relief after witnessing Yonghwa beside her.

 

“Yonghwa… Shinhye… Shinhye…”

 

“Shhh…” The boy calmed her down “It’s alright, I’ll take care of her” He whispered as he swiftly carried her bridal style and went straight to her room. “Mind calling Sandeul sasaengnim to her room Sulli?” he asked calmly.

 

The girl nodded as she dashed to the said man as Yonghwa continued to make his way to Shinhye’s room. His heart ached witnessing the love of his life screaming in pain while he didn’t know what to do to help her. Whoever did this to her will pay his deed he threatened.


 

“Sandeul sasaengnim!” Sulli cried as she ran to him several moments later.

 

Sandeul didn’t have to look at Sulli’s expression to know that something’s wrong. After meeting face to face with thw girl he immediately held her shoulder and whispered “Where is Shinhye?”

 

“Yonghwa’s taking her to her room” She said while sniffling “Eonni… she was crying and screaming like she was in unbearable pain… while i… couldn’t do anything to help her…”

 

“Sulli…” Sandeul tapped her shoulder to calm her down “It’s not your fault, hm? So don’t blame yourself arasso?”

 

The girl nodded slowly as she answered softly “Neh..”

 

After she did so, Sandeul smiled and immediately dashed towards Shinhye’s room without looking back. Sulli can only look at his disappearing figure as she prayed that her eonni will be alright.


As Yonghwa set her down, he can see evident tear marks down her eyes until her chin. Her face and lips are now pale as her lips curved downwards, showing her evident pain. Yonghwa’s heart broke into tiny million pieces as he saw her flailing weakly in her sleep, like she was having a nightmare that she couldn’t escape.

 

“My princess….” Yonghwa whispered as he held her hand “Please wake up…” he said as his eyes started to tear up “I’m right here”

 

Inside Shinhye’s dream

 

“Where am i?” The girl wondered in a vast white land. She didn’t know where she was, but for some reason she felt extremely lonely.

 

Without any particular reason, she begun to crouch down and sob uncontrollably and hugged her knees. “Mama….” Little shinhye cried “Where’s mama?”

 

Then out of nowhere, a hand was right in front of her face, offering her to stand up. Curious, she then took the hand and stood up because of the strong force that the hand offered her. By the time she looked, the person who had offered her the hand had disappeared. All over again, loneliness begun to overtake her.

 

As she started to sob, that person… or specifically, boy, came back and stood in front of her. The girl looked up again and saw that boy, Jaejin, smiling warmly at her, like he had always had.

 

“Shinhye….” The boy smiled as he opened his arms “Come here”

 

Like the obedient little love struck girl she is, she happily ran to his embrace and hugged him with love. Like always, Jaejins hug had always felt warm and safe, and always made her feel like she never wanted to let go.

 

But then suddenly, that warm hug became cold, and for some reason, jaejin turned pale. Shinhye then looked up to see what happened with Jaejin, but all she saw was Jaejin with closed eyes.

 

“Oppa?” She begun to call him, with no answer to her call. A little afraid, she called again “Jae…jin op..pa?” She called again, but to no avail, Jaejin didn’t answer her, heck, he didn’t even open his eyes, and he stayed that way. Still hugging her as his body gradually becomes colder in each passing minute. Frightened, the girl begun to flail, trying to set herself free.

 

“Oppa!!” She screamed as she cried “Oppa chaebal! Open your eyes!” She cried as she sees her beloved oppas’ face gradually turn from pale to white.

 

“Oppa!!!”

 

“Shinhye!” Another voice echoed as Shinhye finally opened her eyes. When she looked around, there she saw Sandeul and Yongwa sitting on a stool next to her bed. SHinhye was excreting a lot of cold sweat, and her entire face was pale.

 

“Shinhye…” Sandeul begun talking but was then soon cut off by Shinhye

 

“Jaejin oppa…. What happened to Jaejin oppa…. Where’s… jaejin… Oppa?” The begun citing as tears begun to swell up in her eyes.

 

Yonghwa’s heart ached as she called out Jaejins name as if she had longed to see him her entire life.

 

“Shinhye…” Sandeul whispered  again “Sleep…” and pressed a point on her body as she sleeps soundly.

 

Yonghwa looked at Sandeul again and asked “Why?”
 

“She had a nightmare. That is not counted as resting” He sighed as he took his jacket “I want her to rest properly before I can talk to her one-on-one” He said as he said his farewell “Call me when she wakes up” And with that left the room.

 

Yonghwa sighed as he looked at her to-be-fiance whom he is not sure if she is really willing to be, considering her lingering feelings to her deceased first love.


A/N: Anyeong everyone! how're you all?? it really has been awhile neh? :3 first of all i would like to apologize for my absence!! TT mianhaeeee uni is a lot more stressful than i had originally thought that i absolutely had no time to write this fanfic (Heck i only sleep 4 hours a day lately). Miraculously i had some energy left to write todays chappie :''') from today on, i will probably update a lot less than i have before, so please forgive meee :(( i will try and update as much as i can though! so please stay tuned :)