Tangled Fate

Le Mademoiselle and her Butler

Shinhye's point of view:

As i begun to feel drowzy, i drift away into my deep slumber. In my dreams, he was there, standing, and smiling at me. He extended his hand, and held onto my hand tightly and dragged me for a light run through the field of tall sunflowers.

We were laughing as we exchanged gazes at each other. But then, careless as i always am, I tripped, and he catched me. As i fell on top of him, saw his face upfront, as he stared passionately into my eyes, and leaned in closer. 

I knew what this meant and closed my eyes, and slowly i can feel his breath on my lips and nose, knowing that he got intensively close. I was ready, but... it has been quite a while, but nothing happened.

I peeked through one eye to find that my prince charming had Yonghwa's face. Yonghwa's smirking face. He was only milimeters away from kissing me, but then he stopped.

"What kind of erted dreams are you having milady?" The face talked annoyingly as ever.

"erted? Why you!"

"Whoa!!" a shrieking voice slapped me away from dreamland

"Omo?" My half-awake self said while turning and glanced to the side to Minhyuk, who is now lying flat on the floor with a hand on his chest as if he were gripping onto his heart, and with eyes almost bulging out. "Minhyuk ah?" 

"You were grinning in your sleep milady" he said as he quickly stood up 

"Well, is that so wrong?" i said was i sat up

"I didn't mind being creeped out a bit by that, but what really got me, was you suddenly punching your fist into the air, as if you were about to hit someone..."minhyuk explained while demonstrating back the powerful fist-punch that i was supposed to be doing in my sleep. "Like this" He followed up

"Aish... now that you mentioned it, that was some nightmare" I growled while rubbing onto my forehead, trying to erase the despicable scene between me and god knows who.

"But i thought that you had a good dream?"

"Well i did. Until someone interrupted the best part of the dream" 

"The best part?"

Whoops. i said a little too much for my own good. I looked at Minhyuk who's eyes were question marks all over, and smiled awkwardly "Yeah, the best part of it. I was about to get a wonderful fluffy teddy bear, until i woke up in the middle of receiving it" I lied

"Oh that's a shame" Min hyuk commented with a pout "Do you want to go and get one for real in the toy shop after school?" Minhyuk suggested sincerely

"Oh no it's okay. I'm already fine with coco right here" I gestured to my old brown bear. One of his eyes is a black button, and his bulky red bow tie's already crooked. However, i still value him as my most valued treasure

"Whatever you say milady" Minhyuk smiled and offered a hand

I took his hand and made my way downstairs. There i saw appa reading his morning newspaper as usual. And yonghwa sipping his coffee while reading some old literature book.

Appa looked up to me then smiled "Morning Shinhye, did you geta good nights sleep?" he asked politely. 

"De appa" I replied as i sat on the chair next to him and lingered my arm with his. He chuckled as he leaned onto me and then sighed "Ah... Appa's little girl has grown this much... time sure flies"

"Appa, i'm still 17" I replied with a little grunt 

"Well, you certainly act like a 5 year old" Cuts the annoying voice that i have anticipated all morning.

I turned my head to Yonghwa and got back at him "Well, you certainly act like an old geezer" I snapped. "What kind of 17 year old reads shakespear in his leisure time?"

"Now now you two... not so early in the-"

*Piiiiin poooon*

Appa coughed a bit and gestured to minhyuk to open the door. Minhyuk bowed and rushed over to see who the guest was. Not long after, Minhyuk came back with a girl tailing behind him.

"You have a guest milady" he stated with a smile, as he stepped aside to let us see the shy girl who's been hiding behind him.

"Anyeong" A cute soft voice gave her greetings as she waved a little to me

My face lightened up when i saw her. "Sulli!" I cried as i rushed over to her to give her my biggest and warmest hug. "What are you doing here so early in the morning?"

"I was just wondering... if you would want to go to the zoo with me. I got some free tickets from a lottery so..."

"But of course! Why would i refuse?"

"Um..." she glanced a bit at Yonghwa but then threw away her gaze at me "Will your... bodyguard let you go with me only?"

"Well of-"

"Thank you for understanding. I believe it is crystal clear that my lady is strictly forbidden from going away too far from me, due to safety reasons" Yinghwa cuts me off before i can even finish 2 words of my sentence.

I glared at him, telling him to back out and mind his own business. But the guy didn't even bother to look at me, and just stared at Sulli coldly, as if he were asking through his eyes, for her to leave.

Yonghwa's point of view:

My lady is clumsy, and i am fully aware of that. However, she has never been as clumsy for the past few days. She trips and dazes off more often than before. Something must've happen.

Plus, i can't have her roaming around the city half daydreaming, especially with a girl who doesn't look like i can depend on taking care of her. Forget about taking care of my lady, she couldn't even take care of herself last time.

"Stop ordering me around" A cold and stern voice pinned through my ear

I turned my head to her, and was about to scold her until my master stod up and held onto my shoulder. "Let her go, Yonghwa ya" The master kindly told me. "A visit round the zoo once in a while wouldn't hurt"

"But..."

"Thank you appa!" milady cried out to give her dad a kiss on the cheek before she dashed while dragging her friend to her room. To chang, most probably.

"Yonghwa ya..." The master said in a soft voice, that is almost a whisper

"I told you to keep an eye on her for me, not to put on a leash on her for you to control"

"But-"

"Let her breathe. She's not going there alone right?"

Just when i was about to make my argument, milady's door swung open. She had changed to her casual outfit of a loose shirt, with tight jeans. obviously with her hair tied in a bun, talk about trend.

"I'll be going appa!" She exclaimed happily as she dashes off to the door and waited impatiently for her friend to follow her.

"We'll be going then" The girl bowed brfore she left to my master

The two had dissapeared by a second. My master laughed a bit while walking back to his chair. 

"Aren't you worried?" I asked him curiously, still not getting his reasoning for his actions.

"More than anyone" He answered sullenly

"But then why did you-"

"A bird needs to learn how to fly, no matter how tall the cliff is."

And it is inhumane to put such a beautiful bird in a cage, just for my benefit to see it safe everyday" he continued as he opened his newspaper and continued to read it. "I only ordered you to keep an eye out for her, as the more experienced bird, who already knows how to fly" he ended his sentence.

"What if..." A thought suddenly came accross my mind " a hunter's targeting that gorgeous bird that you love so much in the open?"

"Then..." He said slowy "It's just it's fate"

That kind of response wasn't what i had expected, and it had angered me. "Why are you suddenly giving her up? Aren't you-"

"Who says I am giving her up? I am doing all i can do to protect her! that's why i hired you for gods sake!!" 

I froze. During the eight years of my stay, this might be the very first time seeing my master this angry. He looked at my frozen self then held onto his forehead and sighed. It seems that he has regretted his actions towards me, just a few moments ago.

"Biyane Yonghwa, i didn't mean to shout at you" he apologized "To be quite honest, i am starting to lose my cool these days" he went on as his voice started to sound deep, deeper than usual. "To tell you the truth, the thought of my only daughter to be in danger, scares me to death. I can barely sleep at night, and i always have nightmares where i would lose her forever... and"

"Stop" 

He looked up at me, and i repeated it again "Please, stop" i now know the reason behind of his fatigues during the past few months. He didn't get enough sleep

"Yonghwa ya..."

"I have never asked this before seriously, but what exactly are you afraid of that will result to hurt my lady?"

He looked at me who was asking sincerely with eyes full of curiousity and care, and sighed.

"They either want my daughter to be theirs, or rather have her dead" He said monotonely

My eyes widened as i hear the word 'dead'. "Why would they want her dead?" i asked curiously

"With her being my only daughter, all of my heritage when i'm gone will all be passed on to her.. Rival companies, can never let such a golden opportunity pass like that. And in addition to her intelligence, she might even be useful to them in terms of services"

Unable to comment i listened passively to his explanationsAnd at one point he looked at me as if he were trying to remember something

"I don't want my company to end up like Jung oh seok's" He said with sad distant eyes.

"Why? what happened to his? who was he?"

"He was an old friend of mine. His company went down without a trace. Even though his company was one of the top companies..." My master then laughed a bit and then continued "Let me correct myself" He said "I actually don't really care what happens to the company, i just don't want to lose all of my family like Jung seok did"

"He what?"

"Like me, he only had one successor. only one son."

"And?" I asked as my interest to the subject grew

"Everyone everywhere tried their best, polishing their daughters to win the sons heart. But the son was well known for his cold attitude towards ladies"The master chuckled "In fact, in seok was scared that his son might prefer guys as life partners rather than the ladies" and joked

"Then, did the son ever soften up his heart to anyone?"

"In seok did come to me one day and said, 'my son said that he actually fell in love with a girl a longtime ago! and he couldn't get her out of his mind!'. oh when he said that, you have no idea how excited he was."

What a loyal heart, i thought to myself.

"Too bad, the day after he announced that his son will not be receiving anymore marriage proposals, his whole house burned down. Flat to the ground"

I stayed still and kept on listening

"The whole company closed down, since his will was burnt along with the house, leaving no trace of what belongs to who"

Unable to think of any other questions i asked "What happened to the son?"

"From the looks of it, he perished along with his father"

Authors Point of view:

Meanwhile, Shin hye and sulli had been touring around the zoo, like there was no tomorrow. They had looked at different kinds of animals, and went on different rides as well! (As in elephants, and girrafe's, ect)

"Whoo! What a day! Do you want to get some cold drink Sulli ah?"

Sulli nodded and replied "De, we should"

The two lined up behind a vending machine, when suddenly a friendly voice called out. "Hey there!"

Sulli and Shin hye turned around as a face that's very familiar to Shin hye pop out of nowhere.

"What's up cous? why didn't you tell me that you'd be hanging out with your friends? i could've taken you guys with my car for the ride you know."

Shinhye's mouth formed the letter 'O' when she finally remembered who he was

"The library guy?"

 


A/n: okay updated! i hope y'all like the update! to the new subscribers... gomawo for subbing ^^ and to the upvote-ers i don't know how to convey my thanks! i wish i can reply all of your comments too my dear readers, but yeah... school and all have not let me to do so.

Anyways, thank you for supporting this fic, and thank you for not abandoning it! ( i know i update irregurarly and randomly) so thanks!

P.s PLEASE COMMENT  that means a LOT for me, so silent readers, comment ne? :3 hehehe until  next time guys :D