A Mistake I Refuse To Repeat

Le Mademoiselle and her Butler

His hand trembled as he heard Jung shin let out all his plans. No he cried in his head Not again, please He then cowardly backed away with trembling hands as he dashed away.

Not far from him, stood Yoon sassaengnim, observing his every move. “Now that’s troublesome” He muttered before going after the boy. Seconds later, he had caught up with him and blocked his path. “Hello Gong chan” The man uttered as he let out a sinister smile.

Gong chan stopped in his tracks as he observed the man suspiciously. “Wh-who are you?”

“Ah pardon me” He then chuckled as he let a hand in his pocket and walked to wards him as he extended his free hand. “Yoon shi yoon’s the name. But you can call me shi yoon for short”

“H-how do you know my name?”

The man then let his hand down as Gong chan didn’t shake it then hummed “Well, let’s just say, my masters’ database is really detailed. I even know your real name, Shin Gong Chan” He ended his statement with a sharp glare.

The boy backed away as he felt intimidated by his presence “Wh-what do you want with me?”

“Hm, according to the past files about you, you seem to have good experience in assassinating,” He begun as he made Gong chan flinch in place.

“And your point is?”

“You can do that again right? I’m sure it’ll be a piece-“

“NO!” He screamed at him with fury “I will NOT repeat the same mistake!!” he screamed as his pitch got higher “I…”

Shi Yoon took a step closer as he whispered “Did I ever say you have a say in this?” He taunted.

The boy flinched as past memories went back to him like flowing river. The order, that night. Everything. How much of a coward he was to accept such a task and return home as if nothing had happened. He remembers it all too well.

“Please…” He unexpectedly begged.

Yoon shi yoon then raised an eyebrow as he asked again “Mboya?”

“Please!!! I beg of you!!” He then went on his knees as he tugged on his jacket “Don’t make me do something to inhuman!! I can’t!” Gong chans mind has gone berserk. He just cannot experience it again. He doubt that he’ll ever recover from it if he had to do it again.

The man then sighed as he kneeled in front of him “Don’t you want your master to be happy?”

Gong chan became silent at the question. It was the exact same question his former master had threw at him when he attempted to refuse the assassination order.

Yoon shi yoon then smiled “Well I do.” And then stood up again “And I’m more than willing to kill a person if that’s what makes him happy.” He then sighed “I’m disappointed at your dedication as a butler, Gong chan.”

Gong chan then lifted his head as tears were evident trailing down his cheeks “You have no idea, how tormenting it is, to witness a life gone because of your own hands” He growled under his breath.

“I’m up for it” Yoon shi yoon shrugged “I guess you’re out of this party” He uttered before throwing a hard punch at him in the gut which had smashed him to the ground. Gong chan choked upon the impact as he stood up hastily.

But before he can fully stand on his feet he was yet again sacked terribly by the man. He’s so strong Gong chan thought hopelessly. After a good beating, Yoon sassaengnim picked him up by the collar as he whispered menacingly

“Traitors are not needed in this household.”

Gong chan can already see Shi yoons hand rising in the air as he braced himself for an impact.


“So what should we have for lunch?” Sulli chirped happily as she clung onto Shinhyes’ arm.

“Well, the melon bread sounds tempting right now. Should we go and get it?”

A husky voice then coughed aloud gaining both of their attention. Sulli then narrowed her eyes as she asked “What is it Hyun woo?”

“You both know that it’s an extremely popular snack right?” The two then turned their heads upon the realization.

“Pali pali! We’re going to run out of melon breads!!” Shinhye cooed as she made a dash for the canteen along with Sulli close behind her.

The three bachelors chuckled upon the girls actions as Yonghwa suddenly spoke up “Such a Lady-like response” He said as he smiled sarcastically.

“Tell me about it” Hyun woo chuckled along. The two had finally agreed on something. Minhyuk chuckled along with them until he noticed a loud thump as if a heavy sack had hit the ground hard.

The boy turned his head towards the direction of an empty hallway with a suspicious look on his face. For a second, it was eerily quiet.

“Minhyuk?” Yonghwa called out to him. “You coming?”

The boy snapped his head back to him “ Ah right. Co-“ That’s right when he heard the loud thump again.  Hold on he paused as he tried to listen more carefully. This time, there were much more thump-ing sounds. Minhyuk looked more carefully at the hallway until he made out that there were shadows.

What the heck? He listened more carefully. As he did, he finally made out that those were no sounds of sacks hitting the ground. Those are sounds of a person being continuously hit to the ground.

“Hyung I’ll catch up with you” The boy hurried himself away as he sprinted towards the source of the sound.

“What’s gotten into him?” Hyun woo asked as he eyes his retreating figure until he had turned into the corner.

“Beats me” Yonghwa uttered unsurely, fighting to whether or not he should follow him.

“Well we better catch up with the girls” Hyun woo stated as he walked away.

Yonghwa gave one last look at the direction that Minhyuk had run off to and sighed “That boy is killing me” He said as he quickly made a turn and dashed towards the direction as well.

“So Yonghwa, are you getting anything for-“ When Hyun woo turned around to talk to him he was not there. The boy pouted as he shrugged “Well that’s rude” and walked to the cafeteria by himself.


When Gong chan opened his eyes he was startled by a figure that had stood in front of him in his defense.

“yoon sasaengnim” The figure growled “What in Gods’ name are you doing to this guy?”

The man then slipped his hand away from him as he fixed his jacket. “Well if it isn’t Minhyuk ssi” He then chuckled deeply with an amused smirk on his face. “I recall you conversing with Yonghwa about this guy. You guys didn’t sound like you have a good relationship with him. So, I’m doing a little favor for my dongsaengs”

“I highly doubt that’s your reason for beating the crap out of him” Another angry voice cut him off.

‘Whoa, whoa there.” He said as he turned around to meet face to face with Yonghwa.

“Hyung?” Minhyuk looked at him baffled.

“Get out 0f here traitor” He hissed at him as he clenched his fist.

“Well the funny thing is, I’m also beating the crap out of him for the exact same reason” he said as he motioned to the beat up boy. Gong chan flinched as he hid behind Minhyuk.

Both Minhyuk and Yonghwa turned to Gong chan who is now trembling endlessly on the ground. The poor boy looked like he was terribly injured.

“Whatever your goddamn reason is, you shouldn’t beat him up like this” Minhyuk stood at his ground as he held Gong chan up. “He’s just a boy compared to you” Though he seemed in shape for combat. Why didn’t he fight back?

“Yeah, yeah, being all altruistic now are we?” Shi yoon pointed out sarcastically as he rolled his eyes. “Well just let me cut this short, brat” He turned to taunt Gong chan “Don’t even think about coming near our household ever again” he finished with a smirk as he swiftly disappeared into the darkness.

Gong chans’ face fell upon his taunt. I’m… Thrown out?

Minhyuk and Yonghwa then turned their attention to the battered boy. Then an awkward silence began to engulf the hallway. They after all, still haven’t made up after the certain incident. Even Yonghwa and Minhyuk weren’t sure why they helped him in the first place.

But after they witnessed his battered body, they’re glad that they’ve come.

“Let’s get you fixed up” Yonghwa mumbled as he put Gong chans arm on his shoulder to support him.

The boy didn’t respond as he willfully followed Yonghwas lead. “I’ll take it from here, you should go back to our lady” Yonghwa requested.

Minhyuk looked at him with a sigh “Right. I’ll see you after school Hyung” he said finally as waved before walking towards the cafeteria.


Yonghwa and Gong chan walked to the infirmary in silence. The awkward atmosphere just gets worse every step. Not bearing the suffocating air any longer, Minhyuk attempted the first initiative to talk.

“Why are you beat up again?” Yonghwa broke off the silence.

The boy turned his head slightly to face him as he mumbled “For being a coward”

Yonghwa looked at him questioningly but decided to drop off the topic “I’m just curious,” he began “When did you start working for their household?”

“When I was still a young boy, can’t remember exactly when though” he answered simply.

Yonghwa gave him an understanding nod when he noticed that they finally arrived in front of the infirmary. “Here we are” he smiled as he slid the door open. “Excuse me? Suhee sasaengnim?” Yonghwa called out as he poked his head inside.

“Well how can I help you?”

Yonghwa gaped at the sight while Gong chan just stared at him weirdly.

“Y-you aren’t you-“

“Shinhyes’ personal psychiatrist and school nurse at your service!” he then bowed extravagantly.

“I can’t believe this” Yonghwa held onto his aching forehead.

“I believe you’ve brought a patient?”

“Are you even qualified to be the school nurse?!” Yonghwa asked

“But of course!” he smiled widely “I earned a double degree in medicine and psychology after all~” he cooed.

Gong chan just observed them blankly, not knowing what their relationship was for them to interact quite closely like this.

“Anyways, I believe this boy needs immediate treatment” he then shifted his eyes to Gong chan. and maybe some psychological treatment too?  He thought after reading Gong chans emotions.

Yonghwa blew his bangs as he handed Gong chan over “He was beaten up pretty badly. I even suspect he might have a few broken ribs”

Sandeul then observed him briefly as he sighed “We might have to take you to a hospital” he then turned his attention to Yonghwa “Mind if you wait for a bit? I’ll make a note for him”

The boy nodded slowly as Sandeul disappeared to grab a pen.

Gong chan had stared at the ground blankly the whole time. He didn’t move nor speak. It was as if he was as quiet as the dead. Yonghwa took a peak at him and sure enough, that pretty face of his had been beaten up pretty good.

“Yonghwa ssi” Gong chan spoke up all of a sudden.

Yonghwa jumped a little and then answered “W-what?”

Gong chan started fiddling with his fingers as he reluctantly whispered “Protect her” he mumbled.

“What?” Yonghwa demanded him to repeat “I can’t hear you”

The boy sighed as he inhaled deeply before stressing out “No matter what it costs, you have to protect that lady of yours”

Yonghwa tilted his head in confusion “I guess he knocked your brain pretty hard too didn’t he?”

The boy sighed in defeat “Don’t say I didn’t warn you”

Yonghwa then softened “So there was actually this part of you who care about their friends”

“I’m sorry for hurting your lady’s’ feelings. I have no excuse” He said as he became dead silent again.

Yonghwa sighed as he crossed his arms “Tell her that when you see her”

Sandeul eavesdropped at their conversation and smiled “Youngsters these days” he chuckled

“We heard you” they said in chorus with their matching poker faces.

The doctor then awkwardly smiled as he scratched his head “Caught red handed huh?”

Yonghwa then rolled his eyes as he took the note from him “Took you long enough to write a 6 word note”

The man just chuckled as he pushed a wheelchair “Hop on Gong chan, we’re taking you to the hospital”


Lunch ended when Yonghwa returned back to class. He immediately handed the note ‘nurse’ sandeul had written and went straight back to his seat. When he was on his way to his desk and met eyes with Shinhye who looked at him with a ‘where have you been’ look.

The boy smiled as he mouthed that he’ll tell her later and proceeded back to his seat. It was then when he felt a chill down his spine and saw Jung shin staring eagerly at him.

Now it had hit him. This must have got something to do with Jung shin hyung.  But postponed the thought when class had started.

           

“We’ve been looking all over for you during break!” Shinhye wailed as she threw her arms up the air “Where did you go?”

Yonghwa leaned in as he suddenly flicked her forehead “Stop whining you pabo.” He muttered “You’re going give me a headache”

“Hyung” Minhyuk called out “How was he?”

Shinhye turned her attention towards Minhyuk “How was who?”

Yonghwa motioned Minhyuk to keep quiet as he answered “You mean Hyun woo? He’s fine I already told him I’m sorry”

Minhyuk crunched his eyebrows together until he had came to a realization “Ah, glad to hear” he replied with an awkward smile.

Shinhye gave them suspicious looks but then shrugged it off. Soon, they had arrived home. “I’m going up first” Shinhye waved as she went upstairs.

The two gave her a smile as she did. When they heard her door click, Minhyuk immediately faced Yonghwa and asked “Now, will you tell me what’s going on?”

“I didn’t ask Gong chan anything in detail or specific” Yonghwa admitted as he sat down.

“You mean you couldn’t?” Minhyuk corrected him.

“Anyway,” He cut him off immediately “he did say something strange”

“Strange?” Minhyuk repeated after him as he arched an eyebrow.

“He told me… to take care of Shinhye” Yonghwa stated. Minhyuk went silent as he went into deep thought.

“What do you think of this?” Yonghwa asked suddenly.

Minhyuk looked at his hyung with full consideration. He wasn’t sure whether or not it is a good idea to tell him what he knows about their colleague Gong chan.

In the end he decided to tell him, about what he saw in the cemetery that time.

“Hold on, cemetery?”

Minhyuk nodded “Yeah, Jaejins grave to be specific” he then tried to remember again “And if I’m not mistaken, our ladys’ mothers’ grave too”

Yonghwa’s eyes then lit up at the info. “What? Why would he go there?”

Minhyuk lifted his shoulder and quickly dropped them “I wish I knew”

Yonghwa then fixed his eyes at Minhyuk after a long sigh. “Minhyuk. I know what I’m about to ask of you is really insensitive but I really need to know” he begun “Tell me, everything you know about Jaejin and The former ladys’ death”

Minhyuk blinked at him as he asked “Wae yo hyung?”

Yonghwa then sighed again “ I feel like these events are connected somewhat.” He then paused “tell me everything Minhyuk. Everything that happened while I was gone”


A/N: Anyeong~ authornim is here with another upsate! (Don't question it, and just enjoy it lol) As you all can see, i'm an author who tends to break her promises (For the good in this case?) hahha but anyhow, i wrote it down because the idea popped out earlier than expected lol. Hope you all enjoyed the update! (I WILLupdate again on sunday though, that promise i (think) will not break ;)) So.... tell me what you think about it neh? How will things end up? tell me all you speculations! XD

until then lovelies~ Authornim loves you all!! XD