~Me and my Butler~

Le Mademoiselle and her Butler

Shinhye's point of view:

That night i was alone, curled up in the corner of my bed. Alone with teddy, which mama gave me, before she was dead. The dim blue light on the circular table did nothing but light my room, flashes from time to time. "Daddy, I'm lonely and scared... you're coming home aren't you?" i muttered with my trembling voice to the family picture that stood next to the lamp.

Suddenly I remember that night, where mom promised to return home, but never did. The horrifying thought consumed me, resulting the overflowing tears that swelled up in my eyes.  

Little hiccups and sobs echoed in my room, as terrible imaginations storm in my head. The possibility of it happening again is just too great, since it happened once before. "Daddy.... hurry  home... please?" i whispered before i fell asleep in sober.

That night i wasn't sure who walked in, but i heard my door creaking and quickly assumed that it was dad. I immediately jumped and sprinted towards that door, screaming in joy and relief. 

But that night, it wasn't appa who opened the door. It was a stranger dressed in a black coat. Then it struck me. That night when omma died, a stranger with black cloths came to deliver the bad news. My smile turned into a frown, and my red swelled up eyes, began to soak again.

I covered my ears while shaking my head from side to side, screaming "No no no!!" The boy then looked confused and tried to calm me down. But when he came nearer i stepped back at yelled at him. I constantly Screamed and squealed telling him to back-off. The boy who looked flustered at first didn't know what to do. But then he gained his composure, and walked to me and squatted down to match my height. While patting my head he smiled and said "It's alright, oppa is not here to hurt you. I just came to say hi"

I blinked and stopped crying at that instant. "You... who are you?" i hissed in fear. I have never met a stranger in such an odd manner before. 

he chuckled and nodded "From today onwards, oppa will be staying with you"

"eeeeh??" i squealed in disbelief. "You're staying??"

"Yup, i will live here with you" he said warmly

"Does that mean... you're going to be my oppa?" i asked while pointing my index finger at myself

"Oppa? hm.... " as he came into a deep thought. Then he took in a deep breath and said " anything for you, milady." As he bowed his head

Just then, appa walked in. "Shinhye, this is our new head butler. Yonghwa" appa said with a wide smile on his face

"What? but.. what happened to sebastian?" i whined.

Sebastian has taken care of me since i was little, so i grew some sort of attachment towards him. It was hard for me to accept that he will soon retire due to his old age.

"No! i don't want to! i want sebastian to be my butler, and only sebastian!" I whimpered stubbornly

Appa looked at me and sternly scolded me in front of that boy. "Shin hye, you know how i feel when you act up like this" he said while crossing his arms "And you're being awfully impolite to our new family member" he said while patting Yonghwa's back

"Family member?" i said while turning my head towards appa. "He is?"

"Well, everyone is family in this household. That's what your mother loves, remember?" he said with a soft expression carved on his face. It is a face that he always make whenever mom is mentioned in the conversation. Appa and omma were really in love with each other, from what i hear from Sebastian. Apparently Sebastian had started working in this household since my dad were a young boy. He knows my dad inside out. To be frank, if there were anyone who would feel most hurt that Sebastian leaves, it would've been appa.

Just then, Sebastian walks in and talked "Don't worry milady... even though i won't be here as your butler, i will often visit." he said with a warm smile drawn on his face. I walked up to Sebastian and gave him a warm tight hug, then he continued "You will always be my treasured little lady" he warmly said.

Without warning, i can feel traces of tears running down my cheek. And with a shaky voice i said "Though i hate to let you go... i must. Therefore, i can only say this...Don't forget about me S. I'll miss you"

"I'll dearly miss you too milady" he said, with a hoarse voice. It seems that i wasn't the only one crying.

Appa then called Sebastian out to take care of the formal things. And i was left alone with Yonghwa in my room. He stood silent as he watched me wiping off my tears. With a confused look i stared at him, to closely take a proper look at him. Why is he standing so still? am i creating an awkward situation? i kept on asking myself. 

"Milady..." he finally spoke.

"Yes?" i answered

"I may be a child, and only older than you by a few years. but please entrust your well being with me" he said and bowed sincerely "I may not know you since your birth, but you can trust me as your loyal butler"

"Are you trying to say that you'll be an awesome butler like Sebastian?" i a bit

"Forgive me... i didn't mean to overestimate myself..." he followed up panicky

I chuckled and walked closer to him "I'm sorry, i was teasing you a little. It's your fault for being so uptight" i said with a laugh

"Milady?" he responded in shock

"You heard appa right? we're family now. So no need to stress out about formality. You only need to be formal to me whenever there are guests around" i explained to him.

"oh is that so? no need for the fake smile?" he immediately changed his tone

I got surprised by his sudden change in attitude. what happened to the warm kind oppa that was here just now?

"Milady, it seems like you need to be in bed right now. it is very late" he said with a grin

"Y-you... is this your real character?" with a staggered voice i pointed at him

"True. but i still know my manners, and ways to be a proper butler. So no worries" He smiled "Though i must say... you're one interesting girl milady" he said with a grin

I blushed and screamed at him. "What's with you? you were such an angel-like oppa before!! why did you just transform into a devil?" 

"The master told me to act like an angel for you, unless you tell me otherwise" He said

"So.. appa knew about your real character?"

"He does. Infact, i was ruder to him when he found me." he ended his sentence with a sigh "It took me awhile to agree to have this job. So you better be grateful" then he walked out

"Se- SEBASTIAAAAN!!!! come baaaack!!!!" as my cry echoes all around the house. Nearly everyone in the household can hear her cry. Including the Master and Sebastian.

"My my... it seems that my daughter has finally figured out his true character?" Shinhye's dad said with an awkward laugh m"Aish.. even though i already told that kid to behave as sweet as he could..."

"Master... will they be alright?"

"Hohoho, don't worry Sebastian, everything will work out somehow"

 Authors point of view:

That night, was the night where Shinhye met her butler and soon to be bodyguard. It wasn't a good start, but they managed to get along somehow. Even though he is new to the job he quickly became a really dependable butler. Everything is always on-time and smartly organized. He's even capable of helping Shinhye with hard subjects from school and her private tutors. Not only he is smart,  he's also really athletic. Though he was only 10 he managed to save Shinhye from a group of kidnappers on her way home from school.

Through all these series of events they slowly get to know each other. And slowly, but surely the bond of trust gets stronger between them. And shinhye, who didn't acept him before, learned to accept him.

Then several years passed by and Shinhye's now in high school. Unlike the years before, Shinhye's not going to school alone this time.

"Milady! You've forgotten your lunchbox!" Yonghwa cried as soon as Shinhye walked out of the black limo that took them to school

"Yonghwa!" She walked closer to him "How many times do i have to tell you... to NOT address me that way in school?"

"heeeh? i didn't hear you properly, milady" Yonghwa said with a grin

"Do what you want" as Shinhye slammed the door on his face

Yonghwa then came walking out with anger "Yah! what was that for?"

"For purposely ignoring what i said" She said while pouting

Yonghwa laughed at his lady's childish yet adorable reasoning "Arasso.. i get it mi- Shinhye ssi" he smiled

*At home*

"Good morning... Mr park" Sebastian greeted him as he walked in

"Good morning Sebastian! you're visiting early today?"

"I heard from the maids that you made Yonghwa attend the same school with Shinhye?" Sebastian said as he pulled a chair and sat down next to him.

"well yes. i did." The master paused "I even appointed him as Shinhye's personal guard"

"What's wrong master? is something bothering you?"

"With the economy going downhill... many have tried to harm my daughter. Like how they did with my wife"

"The mistress? wasn't that an accident?"

"I highly doubt that. I've always though that it was a planned murderer. I am afraid that my daughter will share the same fate as her mother. Therefore i gave my full trust to Yonghwa of her safety"

"Why do people do this?"

"They do not want me to have a a single heir. And by doing so, they killed my wife. And now since they know of my daughters existence, they'll try to do the same thing"

"dear me.."

"Though.. their approach to my daughter will be different."

"How?"

"They can always just marry off their sons with her. And ask their sons to trick her into marrying him."

"That's why you sent Yonghwa correct? to infiltrate the boys there"

"Yes... and test whoever claims to love my daughter. To test him whether he loves her for her name and background, or love her for her."

"Does Shinhye know about this?"

"Not a clue. And i told Yonghwa not to tell her"

"well... i wish the best of luck for milady...."

At school

Yonghwa's point of view:

As soon as we walked into the building, many sickening stares from the guys were directed to milady. But since she has always been a blockhead, she wouldn't notice. And at the same time, many disgusted faces were shown on the girls faces. I felt so angry, but couldn't do a thing. There would be a massive misunderstanding if i defended her out of the blue. 

Authors Point of view:

As soon as Shinhye and Yonghwa walked into the classroom various reactions surfaced. Some were squeals from the girls and some were from the guys. Unaware to their own beauty and handsomeness Yonghwa and Shinhye got confused to their classmates reaction. And in a matter of seconds they were surrounded.

Many questions were asked, but neither of them answered. They couldn't care less of this pointless behavior of their classmates.they wanted to be treated equally, like normal friends. Not like some celebrity.

Yonghwa who had this mission had kind of expected this situation. And from today his mission began.

 


a/n: First chapter~ hehehe hope you guys liked it ^^ and now~ wait for the next chapter!