"Evening Party"

Le Mademoiselle and her Butler

“Milady” A sudden deep voice called out to her in her sleep. The girl then groaned as she tossed and turned. Eventually she opened her eyes to meet with a pair of eyes staring intently back at her.

“Omo!” She screamed as she sat up immediately after seeing Minhyuk all dressed up like a butler right in front of her eyes. “Wh-what’s with the fancy suit Minhyuk?”

“Oh this?” The boy spread out his arms as he twirled “Isn’t it cool? Master told me that I would be wearing it the whole day today” he declared proudly.

“For what?” The girl looked at him blankly.

“To be your practice partner of course” Sebastian declared when he popped out of nowhere, sending another wave of shock to Shinhye.

“Omo!” She screamed and then held onto her chest “Please refrain yourselves from popping out of nowhere and giving me heart attacks” She ordered rather sternly.

The two men chuckled as both grabbed her arms and led her out. “Mbo? What are you-“ Before she could finish what she was saying, the girl was passed on to the maids to be fixed up.

“Make sure she’s ready by half an hour” Sebastian commanded.

“Yes Sebastian” They obeyed and led Shinhye away.

“What? Ready for what? Yah!! Sebastian!!!”


Yonghwa fell asleep in the library after staying up the night. He had discovered many facts, including clues and evidences of murder, just as the journals have described. The boy has been deducing possible suspects by referencing to more books and going back and forth to the shack, just to find some possible individuals from past journals.

-rewind to last night-

“Nothing” He mumbled “Not a single hint can lead me to anyone” He whispered in desperation. “Jaejin hyung… it couldn’t be my master right? He’s not the type to murder people”

“Ani. He was at his worst during the year of his wives death… but, ani ani. He wouldn’t do that. Of course he wouldn’t.” Yonghwa convinced himself. But then he came to a realization “Even so, what was master doing? Driving at that time of night? Had he been drinking?” The boy deduced some more.

Yonghwa then looked through the crime scene again through the pictures that were taped on the journal. “Masters Car was left unscratched. He didn’t hit them directly” he concluded and went through another picture of the tire marks. For awhile, the boy didn’t think those pictures were important.

However, there was something oddly different between the two tire marks. “Normally” Yonghwa begun, “Anyone would brake whenever they were on the verge of crashing, no?” He deduced then held up the photoloid “But here, Jaejin hyungs car has clear tire marks”

“Oh what’s this?” Yonghwa held up a piece of paper that was addressed to the master around that time.

Myungsoo,

I hope the trial goes well. I have told the press to not meddle and let this be a private trial. Don’t worry, not a single soul will speak of this incident. All witnesses have all agreed on the terms as well. Don’t worry myungsoo, you’re safe.

Your best buddy,

Jung Oh Seok

The boys hand trembled when he had set his eyes onto the name on the bottom left of the paper. His father had done the same thing. “He… helped master solve this case…” The boy then curved a proud smile “That’s my dad alright”

After wiping out a tear he then sighed and went back to researching. There was so much that he needs to know. He needs to uncover everything, if he wants this household to restore its happiness.

But then around midnight, a warm presence has caused him to feel drowsy, and before Yonghwa knew it, he had fallen fast asleep.

“Rest my dear son, a great day awaits you” A distant voice whispered and then disappeared almost immediately into thin air. His dad had paid him a visit.

-back to present-

“Yonghwa” Another warm voice called out to him. But this time, it was not his father, but a man who he has viewed as a father figure for the past 8 years of his life.

The boy opened his eyes as he came to a realization of the surroundings. “M-master” The boy stuttered as he hid the journals under several other books on the table. “Good morning”

The man arched an eyebrow as he questioned “Where did you sleep last night?”

The boy gave a nervous laugh as he answers “Um…here?”

The man shook his head as he looked at him in disbelief “You had been reading until you were asleep?”

“You can say that” he shrugged and immediately stood up “I’ll clean this up immediately” he then bowed before stacking up the books on the table.

Master then sighed as he makes his way out of the room. When he exited he wtood still for awhile before letting out an unnatural cough. “Uh, Yonghwa?” He called out

“Deh?” He answered

“Dress nicely for tonight” He commanded

“Oh, okay” He obeyed and asked “Will we be expecting guests?”

The master then offered him a smile. “You’ll be one of them” He smiled before exiting the room.

“I am?”


“Ouch!!”

“Mi-mian Minhyuk ah!! Omo does it hurt?”

The boy clutched onto his now throbbing foot and whispered painfully “G-gwaenchana yo milady” He said desperately “It’s only been a few times since you’ve stepped my foot.

Only a few times?” The girl repeated and then turned to Sebastian “Give us a break, he’s foot is probably all swelled up already”

Sebastian then gave a disapproving look as he shook his head. “He’ll manage. This is the reason why I chose Minhyuk this role in the first place. He’ll withstand any pain” the man declared proudly.

“ I don’t know if I should be happy or not to hear that” Minhyuk mumbled then laughed along with his lady.

The two had been practicing the waltz for 2 whole hours now.

-Flash back-

“Yah Sebastian!” Shinhye stormed to him “What’s up with this ridiculously long dress? And these heel shoes? What am I doing? Playing Cinderella?”

“Hm? That’s one way of putting it” The man said then smiled.”Alright, your partner awaits!” He declared as he clapped his hands. From behind him, Minhyuk came out with the dashing looking suit earlier.

“Anyeong milady~” he beamed “Minhyuk here at your service~”

“Todays’ schedule will be: dance until you drop!” Sebastian declared

“Excuse me?” Shinhye asked, completely lost.

“Today master will be holding a grand ball at our house. We’ll be using the empty room at the back since it’s spacious” Minhyuk explained.

“A grand ball?” Shinhye repeated, with a slight amusement hinted in her voice “What century are we in? The 18th century? No one goes to balls nowadays”

“You sound displeased” Sebastian uttered in a downcast tone

Shinhye then cupped as she walked towards him “Sorry Sebastian. I didn’t mean it to sound like I hate it” She muttered as she played with her fingers.

“Exactly. She’s always been dreaming to go to a grand ball” Minhyuk pointed out

“When did I ever?”

“When we were younger-“ A pair of hands had swiftly cupped over his blabbering mouth before it could’ve noted very important events.

“Alright, let’s start. We don’t have much time until 7pm” Sebastian cut him off as he played the soft music “You two, get to your positions”

-back to present-

“Alright, your dance should be alright now” Sebastian said in satisfaction. Moments later, a knock had echoed in the room.

“Sebastian ssi?” A maids’ voice resonated from the other side of the door.

“Yes?”

“You have a guest” The maid replied “Should I let them in?”

“Ah they’re here” Minhyuk beamed as he strode towards the opening door “Sulli ah! Hyun woo ah!” The boy cried as he was about to hug the two. Hyun woo however, pulled Sulli close to him and dodged Minhyuks bone crushing hug.

“Yeah nice to meet you too” Hyun woo said poker faced. Sulli rolled her eyes and then searched for the very reason why she’s here in the first place. “Shinhye eonni!”

“Sulli ah!” Shinhye beamed and dashed to her. ‘What are you doing here?”

Sulli smiled as she lifted a huge pink pastel box “I’m here to make you even prettier!”

“huh?”


Around 5 another knock had caught Yonghwas’ attention. The boy had been in his room all day studying for the supposed upcoming quiz on Monday.

“Come in” he replied to the knock with his eyes still glued onto his textbook.

“Hyung” A familiar bubbly voice resonated around his room as he made himself inside “What are you doing?”

“Studying” he answered simply

“But hyung…”

“Hm?”

“It’s 5 pm. You should dress up now. The ball is going to start in a couple of hours”

At the word ‘ball’ the boy lifted up his face with curiosity “Ball?”

Minhyuk nodded his head eagerly as he smiled.

“oh that’s why you’re dressed up like ‘romeo’ the whole day?” Yonghwa snickered before going back to his book.

“Hyung~”The boy pleaded “Stop teasing me and just dress up already!” The boy whined as he threw a fancy looking suit on his bed. “You’ll be wearing that to the ball” Minhyuk commanded as he puffed out his cheeks in annoyance. Being referred as romeo sounds cheesy and annoying in his ears.

Yonghwa sighed inwardly as he agreed “Arasso I’ll be right down” and with that, Minhyuk had left. Once he was gone, Yonghwa lifted the suit and sighed “It’s been awhile since I’ve heard the term ‘ball’” he then smiled as he remembered his unlikely childhood.

After washing up the boy suited up to the said suit. “This suit is too fancy for my liking” he groaned at the suit that he is now wearing* but then shrugged as he walked out of his room.

He had applied hair gel to keep his long bangs from interfering with his vision in the party and wore his best shoes to seem presentable. After all, for what he can recall, he is also one of the guests.


It was nearly 7pm and nearly all of the guests had arrived. Minhyuk had taken note on that. The boy sighed inwardly as he traced his list of guests once again and he couldn’t understand it.

1)Lee Jong hyun

2) Lee Jung shin

“Why are these two even invited?!” He finally let out an outburst “These two are the main source of our problem and master even has the mind to invite them?!”

“calm down Minhyuk” Sebastian tried calmed him down “There’s a reason to that”

“What kind of reason?”

“You’ll see” Sebastian reassured him before the boy could march up himself towards his own master and question him on his own.

Minhyuk was then distracted by a familiar figure, which had brought a smile up his face. “Hyung you’re here!” The boy beamed.

“What is this party about again?” The boy questioned after giving Minhyuk a warm smile.

Minhyuk lifted his shoulder to express his cluelessness. “I’m here only to attend the guests. What this party is about is beyond my knowledge” The boy lied as he averted his gaze from him. Master wanted every single man in the room to be unaware of what’s ahead of them, including Yonghwa.

“Good evening” A taunting voice had resonated a few seconds later. The three then turned their heads to meet eyes with the owner of the voice. And when they did, neither side was happy.

“I believe I am invited?” Jung shin asked in a rather mocking manner

“Yes, Mr. Lee.” Minhyuk replied coldly as he locked eyes with Yoon shi yoon who’s standing right beside him. “Welcome and please enjoy your stay”

“Oh I will don’t worry” He smiled or rather, smirked, then made his way inside.

“Oh he’s so dislikeable” Minhyuk stated with a hint of disgust in his face.

“About that Min-“

As Yonghwa spoke, so did another sound which had come from upfront. A figure was standing on a podium which had made out a few seconds later, was Hyun woo.

“Good evening, gentlemen” he greeted them formally. “Tonight I welcome you our humble evening gathering here in the Park household to enjoy the feast we have prepared for you”

Several claps were heard after Hyun woo had stated that. “However as some of you might have noticed, there are only male guests here, correct?” Hyun woo pointed out as the guests begun to talk among themselves. “Tonight, e fellow bachelor friends is a night for you to try and win a ladys’ heart and make her yours”

At the mention of that, eyes begin to widen and many mouths begun to gape.

“That’s right folks” Hyun woo continued, now rather informally “Tonight, the grand master of the park household along with several others will decide who among you, is most befitting to be his only daughters’ suitor, or in this case, fiancé”

Yonghwas’ eyes widened at the announcement as did the guests in that room. Minhyuk and Sebastian on the other hand snickered to their hearts content as Yonghwa caught them. “You knew about this didn’t you?”

The boy grinned as he waved at his hyung “Hyung fighting!”


A/N: Hahaha Yonghwa had no idea what the party was about and got caught off guard XD So why did master invite Jung shin when he knows how much he hates him? Well, you'll all soon find out in the next chap XD Oh did i forget about Jonghyun? nope of course not i didn't ^^ he didn't come! why? again, you'll find out! (Mianhae am i annoying right now? hahaha)

anyways, this is the suit for Yonghwa that i had in mind:

And i'm still unsure of what dress shinhye should wear @.@ well, sooner or later i'll have that figured out tho XD anyways, see you all next time lovelies! and hopefully, soon! :)