The Day He Fell in Love

Le Mademoiselle and her Butler

Yonghwa turned back slowly while shutting his eyes tight, and weakly shook his head. His situation right now would be best described as young boy that chasing after an ice cream van who stopped and turned back crying because the last stick of his favorite ice cream flavor was taken away by the boy right in front of him.

He engulfed his fist into a round ball, filled with hatred of wanting to punch that young man so bad, so bad, but didn’t have the heart to. Because faintly from the distance, he could tell that Shinhye was grinning, grinning from happiness.

“What the hell, why is she smiling goofily like that? What an idiot” He grumbled with jealously before releasing his fist and exhaled deeply and returned back to the usual strong cold hearted butler Yonghwa.

He his heel, marched up to them and gave the young man who wrapped Shinhye in his arms a good death glare. Jonghyun took the glare and smirked in response while he gently released his hug. Shinhye shyly looked up to Jonghyun, who was already staring at another direction, and immediately noticed Yonghwa’s appearance.

She awkwardly turned her head back, facing to Jonghyuns broad chest, causing his smirk to broad. Annoyed by her act, Yonghwa tugged her back, which caused her to lean him. She turned her head slightly to see Yonghwa’s expression, which didn’t look pleasant at all, then dropped her head down, hoping at least that Yonghwa wouldn’t kill Jonghyun.

Still with his unusually disturbing smirk on his face, Jonghyun shook his head slightly then looked up to Yonghwa and said “I assume that you’ll be taking custody of her from now on?”

 

“I am, and I’ve always had.” Yonghwa answered coldly.

 

Jonghyun sighed then lifted both of his shoulders lightly then dropped his smirk. He eyed Shinhye who was already staring at him worriedly and gave her a wink. This made her jump a bit and results to her rather extravagant head fling, which she did out of embarrassment. Yonghwa noticed this small contact, and when he did, his heart had burn with anger.

Unable to contain his inner most feelings anymore, he had abruptly turned around and sternly ordered “Milady, it is incredibly late, and you have not made the day the most productive. It is better for you to get home immediately”

Shinhye then answered with her head dropped down “De… let’s go home Yonghwa” Unable to deny anything that Yonghwa had thrown at her, because it is the truth.

After hearing his ladys’ reply Yonghwa sighed in relief then walked ahead. Shinhye took the queue that she had to leave. But before doing so, she made one last turn and waved Jonghyun goodbye. Jonghyun who had both of his hands in his pockets took one hand out to wave the lady goodbye, with his usual smile that he often flashes at her.

As the distance between Jonghyun and Shinhye grew apart, she then finally notices Yonghwa in front of her, who was waiting impatiently for her arrival.

 

“Walking very slow, aren’t you?” He scolded her with his arms crossed

 

Shinhye gave him a weak laugh while averting her eyes away from him. It seems like Yonghwa noticed her purpose of slowing down her pace just a few moments ago. However, Yonghwa gave up on teasing her and continued to walk.

Shinhye followed her surprisingly calm butler from behind and wondered many questions to his calmness. She was expecting uproar, or long lectures from his oppa-like butler… but none of the expected came out of his mouth. Instead, the usual Yonghwa was still intact.

 

“Yonghwa ah” She finally asked

 

“De?”

 

“Aren’t you angry? Pissed? Or at the very least… worried?” She asked curiously, while carried on walking down the pavement.

Yonghwa looked to the side to face his lady then sighed a bit before answering “How can I not?” He answered quite sullenly.

 

“But… why are you so calm?”

 

“Well, for a fact, it’s not like your friend left you all alone in the zoo, did she?”

 

Shinhye shook her head, “Ani, she didn’t”

 

“And you’re here, safe and sound. So what’s there to fuss about?”

 

“I’m sorry Yonghwa, I didn’t mean to upset you….” Shinhye finally gave in. Since Yonghwa wouldn’t scold her or lecture her like he usually does, she decided to give in for once.

 

“You didn’t have to apologize. It’s not like you did anything wrong”

 

“You’re mad. I know you are. Cause… you’re not walking beside me, like you always do. You always walk ahead of me whenever you’re mad at me” She pointed out with a sad pout.


Memories then rushed to Yonghwas head. “Ah” he thought to himself “This was not the first time I felt this way”

His mind flew back to the past where they were both still 6 graders. One time, Shinhye is unusually late, and the household was on the verge of reporting it to the police. Yonghwa who was still 11 then, volunteered to look for his irresponsible lady.

Around that period, Yonghwa and Shinhyes relationship still wasn’t very good. It is the period when Shinhye still whines about bringing Sebastian back to the household rather than having Yonghwa to replace him. Even so, she still respects Yonghwa with her utmost respect, because of her genuine kindness.

At the time, Yonghwa thought that he didn’t like his clingy, crybaby, and plin-plan lady. In fact, he finds her quite annoying.

“Why did I ever agree to that geezers deal?” Yonghwa self reflected, then snorted out loud  “who am I kidding, I thought I would’ve gotten a far more lady-like lady” The young Yonghwa grumbled to himself as he strolled up and down the streets of the neighborhood and town.

Not long after strolling around, Yonghwa came to a park where he finally spotted his lady sitting on the swings. He sighed in relief then paced up, about to greet his lady. But then he came to a stop.

On the swing next to her, there was another boy, probably around their age, talking to her familiarly. They were laughing happily and were overly friendly towards each other.

The young Yonghwa had just stood there and watched his lady for the next quarter hour. He felt like being a bother if he had interfered with their conversation.

“I don’t know that boy, and I can’t be bothered to get to know him either” He reasoned himself with that excuse in mind, and continued to wait for them.

Unknowingly, Yonghwa had fallen asleep as he waited for the two. But not long after he had fallen asleep, a loud squeal was heard coming from Shinhyes direction. Yonghwa immediately perked up and took his fighting stance.

There, he saw the boy cupping Shinhyes mouth with a handkerchief. Shinhye noticed Yonghwa there then eyed him, as if she was asking him for help. When Yonghwa got the message, he immediately sprang up towards the boy and gave him a good punch in the gut, which caused him to release his grip on Shinhye.

Even though Shinhye only inhaled some of the chemical on the handkerchief, she still felt weak and dizzy. So she fell onto the ground. She looked at her sunbae that she trusted so much and whispered “How could you…” before she was completely knocked out.

After giving the boy, who turned out to be their sunbae, a good beating, the young Yonghwa had carried Shinhye home on his back. Half way back, Shinhye had regained consciousness.

Yonghwa sighed in relief when he heard the groans that indicated her consciousness. But not long after, some sniffles were heard, which caused the curious Yonghwa to ask “Wae? I already gave him a good beating, is that not enough?”

 

“Despicable…” Shinhye whispered.

 

“Mbo?”

 

“I….. Trusted him so much… He said that… we’ll be friends forever…” Shinhye said in between her sniffles

 

Yonghwa rolled his eyes then answered her back “In this world, the only person that you should trust, is yourself, princess”

 

“Is that so?”

 

“And the only strength that you can depend on is your own” He continued.

 

That was the first time where Shinhye and Yonghwa actually spoke properly since Yonghwas arrival. And it all had happened thanks to an unexpected encounter.

After hearing that, Shinhye let herself go from Yonghwas grip and stood up “I’m fine now, thanks for carrying me up until here” She thanked him with her utmost sincere smile. It was the very first sincere smile that she had ever given to Yonghwa.

When Yonghwa saw that smile for the first time, he had felt an extra heartbeat in his pulse, feel his heart flutter and some butterfly-like feeling in his gut. Though he didn’t understand that feeling quite yet, he likes it.

 

“But why do you trust your sunbae so much?” Yonghwa carried on while his mood is still up in the clouds

 

“Well… I kinda, sorta, got a little crush on him too…” Shinhye answered shyly

 

That second, his pleasant fluttery-butterfly-like feelings had disappeared. It was exchanged by another feeling, which caused his heart to feel tight, squeezed and heavy. And somehow make his stomach upset. It was the first time that he had experienced this feeling, and he knows that he hates it.

After hearing upon Shinhyes confession, Yonghwa paced up and walked ahead of her. With an oblivious frown and furrowed eyebrows. This is actually Shinhyes first time seeing Yonghwa this upset as well. Utterly clueless, she just tailed behind Yonghwa timidly, following him back home.


“Yonghwa” Shinhye called out to him softly which made him snap back to the present and turn to her.

 

“Please don’t be mad. I’d rather have you yell at me than ignoring me”

 

“But I’m not ignoring you”

 

“Well, you’re being awfully cold to me”

Yonghwa then sighed before he ruffled her hair with his usual cheeky grin, and irritated her as usual.

 

“Yah!! What do you think you’re doing?”

 

“I’m being warm to you” He grinned

 

“This is not what I meant!” She grumpily bickered

 

Yonghwa then skipped along home with his lady closely behind, with smokes coming out of her ears, as she was fuming from anger. Yup, this is how it ended back in the past as well.

The only difference between then and now, is that Yonghwa was able to identify his feelings better than he did before.

“Forgive me master, it seems that I harbor feelings of romantic love towards milady” He silently confessed in his mind, unable to say it out loud.


A/n: And here i present to you~ a long chapter to make up for my late updates~ How are you all doing? i hope my lovely readers are doing well as usual :)

I hope you all like the new development! ^^ again, sorry for updating late! :( btw, i'm gonna have my accounting test next wekk X_X and i'm sooo bad at it... please wish me luck guys!

Anyways, as always, please don't forget to leave your wonderful and energizing comments! :)  i'll be waiting for them! and to the new readers and subscribers~ i give you all my warmest welcome! plaese do enjoy 'le mademoiselle and her butler' while it still goes on :D well then, bye bye for now!

REMEMBER! i am waiting for those comments~ >w<