Phase 1

Le Mademoiselle and her Butler

“Alright, “Hyun woo started as he grinned into a mischievous smile “There are three phases to the test, and I will personally conduct them” The boy declared proudly. After proudly declaring so he continued “So, here’s the first trial.

He then stepped down from the podium and made his way to the buffet table “As a respectable husband, it is only proper that you know what your wife eats, correct?” the boy then took a tray and held it above his head “You are to choose 3 dishes  and bring them to me in half an hour” The boy commanded “If at least 2 of your dishes are dishes which suits the lady’s tastes, you may consider yourself lucky to pass onto the next phase. If not… that’s it for you tonight.” He concluded after a playful pout.

“What the-“ A voice echoed

“My father was right, it is an engagement party!” Another declared rather too proudly.

Yonghwa in the other hand was busy containing his pissed off mood. He was this close from skinning Minhyuk alive for keeping it from him. “That kid” He mumbled “The least he could do was warn me”

“Alright” Hyun woo’s voice echoed once again “You will have half an hour to choose starting from…” He paused when he looked at his watch “Now!!”

Immediate rush and clanking of utensils were heard within the hall as soon as Hyun woo declared so. Yonghwa was one of the few who calmly walked over to the tray to grab the utensils. This phase is so unfair I actually feel sorry for people who are not close to Shinhye at all.

Thinking of her lady-like image, many have picked high class meals. Such as crème brule, pistachio, and many other foreign dishes. Yonghwa on the other hand took a bibimbap, A warm cup of cappuccino, and Shinhye’s favorite breakfast, waffle topped with honey and maple sauce.

People looked at him with a few confused expressions at first but then realized how close Yonghwa and Shinhye was and was about to put back their former dishes until Hyun woo stopped them “Oh forget to tell you that once you’ve taken a dish, you’re not allowed to replace them!”

Many furious heads turned to him as he grinned “My bad, I should’ve told you guys earlier”

In the distance several figures were grinning endlessly at his behavior.

“Aigoo that Hyun woo Hyung nim, he’s doing it on purpose” Minhyuk snickered as he shook his head playfully.

“It seems so” Sebastian gleefully agreed with him

“So you’re all settled with these dishes right? I will be taking it then~” Hyun woo said as he went around the guests who already had 3 dishes on their trays, several, with grim and hopeless expressions on their faces.

Hyun woo then disappeared through a door behind the podium with the dishes and soon came back with a big red X card on his hand. “Sorry boys, you’ll need to leave”

“They must’ve pissed her off on purpose” Yonghwa deduced which was the heard by a random dude beside him.

“Why are you so sure?”

“Though she has her personal preference, she’s not normally this picky” He sighed “This will be tough”

The random guy then looked suspiciously as he uttered “You seem to know her well”

Yonghwa then gave him a smile as he uttered “I am her cousin after all” Was all he could say. After all it was the lie that they had come up with in school.

After several eliminations (more like a major elimination) the lady was able to cut down to 5 last candidates. With Yonghwa and Jung shin included left. It is now a gamble to which dish will she choose as her preference. Not even Yonghwa is sure whether or not will she choose his dish with her current possible mood. But he can only hope.

“Alright” Hyun woo said with a sigh “I’m starting to get tired of bringing up red X’s you guys better let me bring a nice green circle alright?” preferably you Yonghwa hyung the boy then thought.

The boys left with their last prayer then handed their trays and prayed one last time as Hyun woo disappeared through that door.


“Eonni, you’ve rejected all of the dishes coming to you for the past hour!” Sulli bickered

“Well what are you expecting me to do? Those dishes do NOT suit my taste at all!! I mean, how could they have such a poor choice of food? And all they’ve been bringing me is foreign dishes! It’s like they’re disgracing Korean food for being Korean food! How can that be nationalism?”

“Eonni you’re being totally unreasonable right now!” Sulli whined back at her

“Milady?” A husky voice came from outside Shinhye’s room

With a sigh, Shinhye replied “Come in”

The butler then came in with a trolley of 5 different trays. He first took the three trays that did not belong to Yonghwa and Jung shin. Out of luck, two out of the three were chosen. Then Hyun woo took a deep breath as he handed out Yonghwa’s tray.

It only took one glimpse for Shinhye to recognize whose tray it was “Yonghwa… is one of the guests?”

Hyun woo’s face then panicked Otteokhe? She’s not supposed to know whose tray this belongs to “I, have no idea milady” He lied

Shinhye gave him one look before commenting “These dishes are exactly the foods that I’m currently craving right now. Who else would’veknown?”

“I believe I am just as clueless” Hyun woo bowed humbly, hoping that she would not question him any further.

She then sighed “Arasso” She finally gave in “This dish got 3 out of 3”

With a smile Hyun woo then replied “I understand” and then turned around to take out the final tray “Here’s your last tray for tonight.”

Shinhye looked at the tray as she observed “Fish cakes, milk tea and… pancakes?” Suddenly a sharp pain had throbbed through her head and she held it painfully.

“Eonni!”

“What are you making oppa?”

“Fish cakes and pancakes. Aren’t these your favorites?”

“Um! Oppa does know me best!" The girl then laughed excitedly " And oppa?”

“Hm?”

“There’s a drink that comes with that right?”

“Kurom!” The boy smiled “Your milk tea is on the table my princess”

“I-I’m fine” She finally exhaled as her headache resided several moments later. “Wh-whose plate-“

“Again milady, I am just as clueless as you are” Hyun woo painfully lied Exactly what dishes did Jung shin choose?

“Kurom, whoever this plate is, he passed with 3 out of 3” She whispered painfully

“Ye?”

“I said, it passed” She whispered rather loudly this time.

Hyun woo then nodded understandingly as he left. He got a 3 out of 3? He thought in disbelief Maybe it was a mistake to bring Jung shin after all

-Flash back-

“No, no, no ABSOLUTELY NOT!” Minhyuk cried “I am not approving this, why is Jung shin and Jong hyun even in the guest list, master I don’t mean to disrespect you, but obviously it seems that you are totally unaware of the disaster you’re bringing upon us!!”

“Minhyuk calm down!” Sebastian shouted “Have a sense of dignity will you?”

“HOW CAN YOU ALL CARE ABOUT DIGNITY WHEN-“

“Hyun woo-ssi, do you mind if you take him elsewhere?”

Sulli gave him a look before he dashes to Minhyuk and dragged him out of sight. “will that be all?” She asked

“I truly appreciate all your kindness Sulli agaashi” Master myungsoo thanked her “And yes, that will be all for now” And then turned to Sebastian “If Jung shins presence is as intimidating as Minhyuk says, then I guess it is truly a good idea to bring him in as a guest”

“Myungsoo” Sebastian uttered in a low voice “I hope you know what you’re doing”

“Yonghwa just needs a little push. It’ll be fine” He assured the old man “His over protectiveness shall be the drive for him to succeed in the fiancé selection tonight”

“If you want him as your son in law so badly, why a selection? Couldn’t you just arrange a marriage for both of them?”

“We would need both his parents approval then” Myungsoo answered grimly “And I don’t think that option’s possible” He went on as he gave Sebastian a sad smile.

With guilt, the man then apologized “Forgive me, I was careless-“

“No don’t be” myungsoo stopped him “in exchange; I’ll make this selection as favorable as possible for Yonghwa.


A/N: Anyeong~ first of all, hellow guyz how are you all doin? Fine i hope ^^

So here's another update~ I hope i didn't dissapoint any of you with this one :''' Oh and let me say this once OMYGOSH YOU GUYS THANK FOR THE UPVOTES AND SUBSCRIBES!!!!!! i really am! You guys are all so lovely, really :''''D i couldn't be happier :'''''''D

So, this story has hit 54 chapters, let's hope it goes well and every single one of you will be happy with it (Amen) 

And! another thing is that i'm really happy with the comments you all drop by the comment box! It makes me happy somewhat to see your reactions to the story! I do read them really, but sometimes i just don't know how to reply (Because of the awkward person i am) But i really do read and anticipate them!! So please don't be shy and comment! I won't bite~

Alright, that's all i have to say~ See you all lovelies next time~ buhbye~ :* SARANGHEYO!! XD