Finding Pieces of Puzzles

Le Mademoiselle and her Butler

The two boys then exchanged deep gazes as they both look deeply into each others’ dark brown orbs. For a moment, neither would say anything, just to process down what exactly the other is going to response. Finally, Minhyuk was first to break off from the gaze with a sigh.

“It’ll be faster if I just show the documentation to you” He explained as he gestured Yonghwa to follow him.

The boy followed him closely behind as they marched in silence. A few moments later, Minhyuk spoke softly “Hyung, you might not like what you’ll be reading-“

“I’ll manage” He cut him off “Sooner or later they’ll come out in the light anyway” He reasoned.

Minhyuk  hummed in silence as he nodded. He understands what his hyung is getting at. After a long hallway the two came to a stop as Minhyuk opened the last door. The door opened, revealing a rather deserted backyard which Yonghwa has seen before in his memories.

“This is…” He began

Minhyuk nodded as he begun with nostalgic “We use to play here a lot when we were kids” he then threw him a playful smirk “Remember that time when we played ‘house’? You had this big frown on your face when Shinhye and Jaejin had to play for the roles of omma and appa while we’re forever stuck as their kids?”

Yonghwa glared at him as he muttered “Oh shut up” As he averted his eyes away from the now laughing Minhyuk.

“Anyways,” Minhyuk retorted after he calmed down “This way” He then continued to lead Yonghwa across the backyard to an abandoned shack in the corner of the garden. “Here’s where old documents are kept” Minhyuk explained as he pulled out an ancient looking key from his pocket.

Yonghwa looked at the shack in awe. The building must’ve been older than Sebastian himself or even older!

“Hyung?”

“Oh?” Yonghwa turned attention to the boy who now had opened the door.

“Let’s go in” He said before cupping his own mouth to avoid inhaling the thick dust that has resided within the old shack.

Inside, were racks and racks of binders and old journals, all arranged neatly according to the year. Yonghwa is amazed at the amount of records he is seeing. This household must’ve had a long history.

“Now let’s see” Minhyuk mumbled as he did a quick scan of a shelf with journals labeled from ‘1990’ ‘till ‘1998’. “Aha!” The boy cheered as he pulled out a 3 journals, along with the thick dust. The boy blew the dust away and smiled as he turned to Yonghwa “Here you go hyung”

Yonghwa took the journal carefully into his arms as he thanked the boy. “By the way Minhyuk?”

“Yeah hyung?” He replied as they walked out of the shack.

“Who’s in charge of writing these right now?”

“For the current year you mean?”

Yonghwa nodded.

“Well,” Minhyuk scratched his head as he struggled to find an appropriate answer “No one is” He finally let out.

Yonghwa raised an eyebrow in question, but before he could question him Minhyuk halted him “It is master Myungsoo’s orders” He explained “No recording until Shinhye finds herself a proper suitor”

“In other words…” Yonghwa begun

“He wants this period of this year to be only known by us, no one else whether now, or in the future”

“Why though?”

Minhyuk can only offer the boy a sad smiled “Again hyung, I wish I knew”


After Minhyuk returned to his dorm Yonghwa decided that he would read the journals in the library, just in case if he needed some reference.

On the way there, the boy had bumped into Shinhye. The girl seemed to be interested with  3 ancient looking books within his possession. “What are those Yonghwa?” The girl asked curiously.

“Shinhye ah” The boy uttered out rather loudly, causing the girl to send him yet another odd look. Oh crap He slapped himself mentally

“Shin hye…ah?” The girl repeated again

“I-I mean” the boy stuttered “Milady… ah?”

Shinhye gave a disapproving look as she crossed her arms “You’re weird Yonghwa”

“Aren’t i?” He chuckled uneasily “W-well I gotta get going, there’s some work I need to finish”

The girl then looked at him blankly as she nodded “Oh okay” there was a rather awkward silence before Yonghwa decided to excuse himself. Seconds before he entered the room Shinhye had called out to him. “Yonghwa”

The boy turned around “Yes?”

“Don’t overwork yourself, arasso?”

The boy smiled in pleasure. He’s happy that his lady cared for him, for Minhyuk, for everyone. “I won’t” He answered her, and silently went inside.


As soon as Yonghwa shut the door behind him, Shinhye immediately made her way back to the double door. The girl pressed her ears on the door as hard as she moved up and down the door to find the best spot to eavesdrop.

“What are you doing?” A sudden voice startled her. The girl immediately got up as she scratched her neck awkwardly.

“Appa”

The man sighed as he glanced at his watch “It’s nearly 9 pm. You should get some rest, my dear”

The girl nodded quietly.

The man raised a brow as he asked “Why are you still standing here?”

“I… need to go to the restroom” She hastily trailed off as she shuffled away.

Unconvinced, the master followed her. Shinhye in fact had made her way to the kitchen taking out ingredients which master Myungsoo made out to be ingredients for a beef bacon sandwich.  Once she was done, the girl immediately turned her attention to the coffee maker and brewed some hot cappuccino for the working boy.

After setting up the machine, she then proceeded in making the sandwich. She tied up her long wavy hair, rolled up her sleeve and grabbed an apron as she was doing it. After several cutting, slicing and stacking the sandwich was finally done.  

Master Myung soo’s eyes widened as she carefully placed the food and beverages gently onto a tray as she quickly untied her apron and walked right back to the library. It was a scene which he had longed to see all his life.

The sight of his daughter growing up.

The girl then knocked several times before dashing away in the speed of lighting. Yonghwa came out later and saw the tray of bacon sandwich and his favorite drink, hot cappuccino. He knew just the person to know his tastes.

“Gumawo, Shinhye ah” The boy smiled as he took the tray and went back to work.

Yonghwa read through the journals teary eyed. Everything was written down in detail, and now he finally understood why no one is currently writing the current journals. All these journals were written by the past masters.

The last one, was written by master myungsoo when Shinhye was just eight.

Sept 15th 1998,

Today in an unfortunate accident, a dear friend was lost. He had gone through thick and thin with me, and I couldn’t believe that I had lost him.

His son however, managed to survive and is now under my care. Our Yonghwa can’t seem to remember anything though… I think it is for the best. The poor boy would be hurt greatly when he knows what he has lost.

Shinhye however, is already at her limit. The other day she had tried to cut her own hand with a silhouette that she found in my study room. My poor girl, my poor princess. She had lost 2 great friends and an incomparable mother, how could such a frail child take all of that?

Oh god I don’t blame her for thinking of death itself.

Sept 16th 1998,

Shinhye woke up today after losing so much blood from cutting herself. Surprisingly, she doesn’t remember anything about killing herself, or why she did it. Not about her 2 friends, not even about her own mothers’ death.

As a father, I had to explain to her of what had happened to her mother. I was about to tell her about her friends after that I told myself. But after seeing her heartbreaking expression when I told her about her mother, god forbade me from going any further. That is enough on her plate.

Forgive me Shinhye, appa really did plan on telling you about your friend Jaejin and Yonghwa and Minhyuk. But I just couldn’t bring up that one of them died. You wouldn’t be able to take it.

So please let this one mistake pass. 

Now Yonghwa knew why the master is so over protective. He had nearly lost her.

"Now," Yonghwa went on as he traced more of the journal "There must be something more" Yonghwa kept on flipping the journals upside down as he traced through every record. Then it hit him.

"So, Jaejins accident was after the deceased lady's death" Yonghwa read it through quickly. "One night, after the deceased lady's death" Yonghwa repeated ominuously"Is this just pure coincidence?" He was even more shocked to find out the cause of jaejin's crash.

"Master... was the cause?"


“Why won’t these two just get on and marry already, is what you’re thinking, aren’t you myungsoo?”

Master myungsoo then turned around when noticing Sebastian creeping at him “You were here Sebastian”

The man then smiled as he went on “Since your most favoured son-in-law candidate seem to have taken his sweet time in claiming the girls heart, I’ve thought of a plan to speed things up”.

Master Myungsoo raised his brow in amusement as he questioned him “And what do you propose?”

“Simple” he smiled as he took out a piece of scrolled paper “we just have to organize a party”

Master Myungsoo still had his eyebrow raised, making Sebastian go more detail “Of course, we do it the old fashion way” Sebastian elaborated “We’ll organize a grand ball”

“And how is a grand ball supposed to speed things up?” Master myungsoo questioned again.

“Oh it will” Sebastian convinced “When we announce that it’s a grand ball to decide our ladys’ fiancé”


A/N: Update again~ okey dokey, i got my laptop back~ quickly typed this up so there might be mistakes here and there... will do more editing tomorrow X<

Mianhae everyone~! i could only get my laptop back today TT i hope you all are not mad at me TT (I seriously have issues about afraid of people hating me) so, since the story has been angsty for the past few chapters,  decided that the next chapter will be a little more fluffy than usual :3 Stay tuned!