Betrayed, For The Second Time

Le Mademoiselle and her Butler

Shinhye and Gong chans walk to the student councils office was a very long and silent one. None of them were talking to one another, even Shinhye. There were several moments where she intended to start a conversation, but the will to do it vanishes when she sees Gong chans expressionless face. "I can never tell how he's feeling, i wonder if it's alright to engage a conversation with him?" she thought carefully.

"Shinhye-ssi"

"D-de?" 

“I want to ask you something"

"Ask me what?"

"I can't ask you here, so, can we meet up... in the library?"

Shinhye observed the boy from head to toe, looking for any remarks that might have her conclude that his request is suspicious. However, there were no traces of Gong chan acting suspicious; in fact, he looked really honest and harmless. Though she was hesitant, she agreed to meet up with him in the library. 

"Let’s just hope that I’m not making the wrong decision" She silently hoped in her mind.

Hyunwoo, who has been tailing them for awhile, does not like where this is going. "Does she know her status? Aish... i never thought that a naive lady actually exists." He grumbled while scratching his head.

Shinhye knew very well how she just blind fully trusts her friends. It is a bad habit of hers. But, she can't deny her feelings when a part of her tells her to not trust others so easily, but the other part tells her to trust her friends more. She couldn't decide which part of her she should listen more, to not regret her actions later in the future. But then eventually with a brave heart, she believed the part where she should trust her friends more.

"She never learns"

"Mwo? Has this happened before?"

"Yeah. Once." He said coldly, right before and annoyed expression is seen across his face.

Timidly, Minhyuk asked his hyung who is already crushing the empty coke can in his hands "Then, should we tell her not to go?"

Yonghwa stayed silent while he observes his lady walking into the student council room, until the door shuts. "We'll keep an eye out on her for now. When things get serious, you know the drill Minhyuk" he commanded as he tossed the can to a bin.

"De."

Yonghwa turned his head slightly to face Hyunwoo who has been leaning on the wall for awhile, and said "Thank you for following her, though we could've done it ourselves"

"Ani. You immediately caught up with me, so I guess it didn’t matter if I did or not" He said playfully with a grin. "Anyway, since this will not involve this anymore I will be dismissed?" The bubbly boy asked. 

"You were never in" Yonghwa said coldly

"How cruel of you hyung!" Minhyuk cried mentally

"Che. You're pretty arrogant " Hyuuwon sneered

Yonghwas’ eyebrows twitched as more annoying comments had escaped the boys’ mouth. "Never have I thought that I would meet a person, as annoying as him" He thought. "Anyway, I really should get going. My lady is waiting" He said with a rather bashed face. Yonghwa noticed the light shades of red and sudden affection across his face. it was rather obvious that the boy thinks his lady dearly, too much for his own good.

"So, can we grab some snacks hyung? I'm starving~ you know how meetings take so long, and late, and-"

"Arasso, we'll go to the nearest fast-food resto. But we have to be quick Minhyuk"

Minhyuk nodded as he smiled, satisfied by his hyungs response. 

"Then I'll be on my way" Hyunwoo said without giving a second thought. "See you two next time" And dashed off towards the school yard, where Sulli is already waiting for him.

Yonghwa looked into the direction where Hyun woo had left and saw the two walking home back together. Hyunwoos gazes couldn’t have been any more obvious in displaying his special affection for his special lady. He even wonders how no one realizes it, including Hyunwoo himself.

“What’s wrong hyungnim?”

“Ani yo.” he said, and then grinned. “So, shall we go to the nearest restaurant?”

Without questioning his hyung, Minhyuk obediently followed him. While the two were busy buying their snacks, the meeting in the council room commences. The meeting turns out to be a short evaluation report for each class on how they’re doing for the first semester. It didn’t take long for the meeting to end, so the class reps made their way home as soon as the meeting ended.

“Shinhye-ssi, you can go ahead, I’ll meet you up in the library”

Her head jolted up as she puts on her blank look “Wae yo?” She asked softly

“I forgot to turn in the class journal to the student council president; I’ll have to catch up to him”

“Is that so?” She assured, and slung her bag on her shoulder “Then, you’ll find me in the library reading some books” She said gleefully

Gong chans expression didn’t change, despite Shinhyes’ effort to break the awkward atmosphere between them since awhile ago. Instead, he dropped his head down before he turned around and said “Yeah, see you in a minute”

Shinhye went on to the library, which happened to be empty. She looked around in confusion; because though school had ended the library shouldn’t be empty. She knew well enough since she often spends her time at the library, that she wasn’t the only one in the entire school who love books.

She then turned her head to the librarians’ desk, and there was no one. Now she finds it a little creepy. For the past six months that she has spent in school, there has never been a moment where she sees the librarian not sitting on his/her spot.

“Did they perhaps forget to lock the door? Is it closing time already?”

Just as she mumbled that, the door had opened “Omo, Shinhye-ssi what a coincidence!”

The familiar voice had caused most of her blood to rush up to her face, causing it to utterly turn a dark shade of red. Her heart rate had risen by the time the figure stood right behind her and embraced her into a tight hug. She froze in place, not knowing what to do and let the two pair of arms slid onto her hip.

“J-Jonghyun?”

“Hm?”

“C-can y-you not h-hug me so easily please?”

Jonghyun let’s go of his hug then put his hands in his pocket. “Wae yo? you didn’t mind before, didn’t you?” He said teasingly

“Th-that was because a bee popped out of nowhere! I could’ve been stung…”

Unsatisfied with her response, Jonghyun grabbed her shoulder and turned her around, to witness the tomato colored face and laughed. “Omo, did you get your face painted red?”

“A-ani yo. This is…”

“This is?”

Jonghyun knew very well the reason for her face to turn red, but he wanted to hear that from the girl himself. To assure him that he had won. “Sulli ah… I already won her heart. Too bad for you, isn’t it?”

 


 

Meanwhile

 “Hyung! Stop! Stop taking all of my precious chips!!”

Yonghwa ignored his wail and carried on, until a figure had catches his attention.

“Omo? Isn’t that Gong chan? Does this mean his meeting with our lady is done?”

Yonghwa’s point of view:

No, they couldn’t have possibly finished their conversation. The meeting shouldn’t have ended so early to begin with! The time that we took to go to the convenience store and back was approximately 15 minutes… I thought that by the time we return the meeting would be over, unless… it had ended far earlier than I had thought

“Hyung”

“De?”

“Let’s ask Gong chan whether or not our lady has gone home, neh?”

“You go and ask, I’m not in the mood to ask”

“Aish… Hyung, you should fix up that attitude of yours”

Gong chan doesn’t look like he’s in high spirits either. I wonder what happened… Did he perhaps… confess but got rejected? Aish what on earth am I thinking, that doesn’t even make sense.

“Hyung, I don’t see any sign of our lady, where do you think she could’ve possibly gone?”

Shinhye’s point of view:

“This is whaaat? I can’t hear you quite clearly Shinhye-ssi… you should speak up a bit”

Wh-what the… why is he pushing me off the edge so much? What is he trying to do by making me admit what’s going through my head right now? Is he probably… confirming my feelings to him? Why?

“Shinhye…”

Damnit I can’t think straight, and… why is he moving closer? Wha-oh my lord, there’s a bookshelf behind me, I’m stuck! I-my hearts beating so fast I can’t even hear my own thoughts properly! Calm down Shinhye, he couldn’t have liked you at first sight could he?

Aish!

“Now, come a little closer so I can hear you properly, Madam Park…”

Authors point of view:

That moment, Shinhye’s eyes had widened. She paused and looked straight at Jonghyun in the eyes with one heartbreaking expression. He called her ‘Madam Park’, her family name, not her own given name.

 That moment she had realized, Jonghyun didn’t fall for her. He fell in love with her family’s wealth, power and fame. She dropped her head down and held her forehead and let out a little chuckle as she said,

“De javu much?” she whispered as she remembered the incident between her and her first love.

“Hm? What’s wrong?” Jonghyun asked confusingly

“Come to think of it, where is Gong chan? I thought he had to meet me, it’s been quite awhile now”

“Yah… one handsome man in alluring you, and you’re thinking of another?”

Shinhye lifted up her head and glared at him “I’m done at being ignorant of these things, it’s about time I grow up and not fall in love that easily”

“Omo? Are you admitting that you like me?”

“I did. Not anymore”

 


A/N: Anyeonghaseyo chingus! It's hannaraisya here! sorry for not updating! Biyane, i've been sick for sometime now, so i couldn't update. I didn't want to update with me not being in my right mind afterall kekeke,

Anyways, here's the update! hope i didn'r dissapoint any of you. To my chingus whos curious when Yonghwa'll get his memories, i say for now that he'll get his memories bit by bit starting after a few chapz :) 

And more complications will rise starting from now >:) kekeke the fun shall begin!

Anyways, thank you very much with your usual patience, and for not abandoning this fic! Love you all to bits, my lovely readers and subbies :D