Us Four

Le Mademoiselle and her Butler

“Milady! Dinner is served!” Minhyuk chirped as he carried a hot pot with green-white checkered mittens and matching checkered apron.

Shinhye skipped her way to the dining room to arrange the table before Minhyuk can place the pot on the table for the three of them to share. Yonghwa in the meantime, just stood there awkwardly, not being able to find any other chore to do and patiently wait for them to finish.

The three then sat down with napkins on their laps as they individually grabbed plates for themselves. The two gentlemen offered the lady to have the honors of taking a spoonful first. Shinhye gladly scooped a spoonful of the soup and poured it into her individual bowl.

She accidently brushed her finger onto the fresh hot pan and jumped a little as she quickly retorted her finger and blew onto it, hoping it to cool down. She was so careful about not letting the other two know about it, that only Yonghwa, who had been observing her for awhile, notice it.

“Give me your finger” he asked then without waiting for her reply grabbed it and brought it closer to him. He then sighed and stood up to bring the first aid kit to find the healing gel, to cool the slight burn on her finger.

Shinhyes’ eyes followed him as he stood up to find the box and blushed slightly, feeling happy that there’s someone who looks out for her dearly. Minhyuk saw the little scene and snickered at the sight as he knew the emotions going through her heart right now, and carried on eating.

Yonghwa returned not long after with the gel and strode to her side. He then kneeled beside her as he gracefully held her hand with the burned finger and gently applied the gel.

“Be careful next time, you klutz” He scolds her and he carefully massaged her delicate fingers with the gel.

“I’m very sorry” She apologized in a sarcastic tone as she grunted, but then looked at him again and smiled whole heartedly “And thank you” She whispered and then looked away.

Yonghwa’s eyes lit up when he heard the word and smiled secretly in return, knowing that his lady didn’t actually want the last part of her sentence to be heard.

It was a peaceful dinner that evening, until Shinhye paused in the middle of her meal to glance up at her fathers’ room. She then looked down at her food and asked. “Is appa home?” She asked the two gentlemen sitting on the dining table with her, and waited for their response.

Minhyuk already knew the situation since Yonghwa had informed him earlier on the phone in the afternoon so Minhyuk was not expecting him to be home. The two however, forgot about their lady.

Yonghwa then looked up to her as he answered with a smile “He’s having his usual check up in the hospital milady, he should be back tomorrow morning”

The girl nodded understandingly and continued with her meal. No wonder his curtains were shut in the morning, he must’ve been unwell. She thought.

Minhyuk and Yonghwa were washing the dishes and Shinhye was in charge of cleaning the table. Though they’re rich, they are taught to be responsible for the small things that they are capable of doing themselves.

She then sat on the couch reading her favorite book as she patiently waited for the two to finish their chores and join her in the living room. The two then plopped themselves onto the couch as Shinhye expected and the TV. Yes, this is their normal evening when they do not have any homework or exam to do, a simple yet calming evening.

The three were busy doing their individual activities until a movie that is aired In the TV had caught their attention. It is an old movie, a movie that Minhyuk knows really well.

“It’s Lessie” The boy chirped as he carefully glanced at the two who stared blankly on the screen. He then sighed as he smiled sadly Of course they wouldn’t remember…

Minhyuks train of thoughts was then interrupted by Yonghwa, “Lessie?” He begun but then paused and held onto his aching head again. Minhyuks eyes widened as he observed him and asked.

“Gwaenchana hyung?” He begun as he walked up to him, Minhyuk is too shocked. Is he having memory flashbacks?

The boy then shook his head and smiled at him “I think I’ll head off to sleep” then stood up “Don’t sleep in too late you two” He begun earning understanding nods and went back to his room.

Minhyuk followed him worriedly until Shinhye’s comment had snapped him back to reality “Minhyuk, this is an old movie right?” She asked and earned a nod from him.

“How come I’ve never watched this before?” She continued as she tilted her head, trying hard to remember whether she has actually watched it or not.

 Her statement had pierced deep into Minhyuks heart, but the boy had brushed it off and said “Well, you couldn’t have watched every single movie in history right?” The girl agreed with him and continued to watch the movie.


Yonghwa then plopped himself on his bed, as his head continued to ache. It was so painful, and he could no longer stand it. “I should get some pills” he said to himself, but then was soon betrayed by his body as he suddenly fainted.

As he slowly drifted away from his conciousness he call feel himself waking up again, only in another place, time, and maybe dimension.

 

Yonghwa sees himself in a house that looks familiar and spotted 2 boys and a girl sitting in front of ‘him’. He sees a boy that he recognizes as himself, only in a much younger version. “Oh” He thought “I am sitting on a couch” he said to himself, before the three then looked back at the little Yonghwa and called.

“Stop sulking Yong-yong~ I already told you I’m sorry that i stole your candy” a boy with huge round glasses pouted. Yonghwa then looked at the boy questioningly before brushing off the thought and decided to look at the other two who were also staring at him.

The girl is glaring at him, probably telling him to cut off the chase and forgive the boy already. Whereas the other boy just looked at him worriedly. The Yonghwa in his dreams then grunted as he unwillingly sat beside the pouting boy and told him “Whatever, it was a stupid candy anyway”

The girl smiled triumphantly as she the TV showing a show that already half ran with a dog as the main character.

The girl seems to like the movie a lot and the boys too. By the time the movie ended, which is not long after the girl turned to the boys and asked “I wonder what that movie is called?” She said with an excited smile “It’s such a beautiful movie!”

“I agree,” the calm boy followed up and spun his head t her direction “I could watch this movie all year-long without getting bored” he said with a genuine smile.

“I wonder how the movie started though” The boy wide huge glasses pointed out, earning ‘oh yeah’ expressions from the other two.

“Then it’s settled” The girl exclaimed as she clapped her hands together, earning surprised faces from the boys around her “They usually air movies again right? Let’s find out what movie this is and find the time that it’ll air again” She remarked then fixed her eyes onto to the small screen, with the other three copying her every move.

“Ah” The calm boy called out as he pointed at a tv ad “This is the dog right?” he asked, and then earned nodding heads in return.

“Lessie” little Yonghwa read the title of the movie aloud and made a thinking face.

“Ah! Yong-yong is making the ‘thinking face’” The glasses boy called out as he giggled “Now we don’t have to worry about forgetting the movie title!” Then beamed as the other two chuckled along with him, they find his thinking face funny.

“Yah! Stop making fun of my thinking face!” He grumbled and earned apologetic looks from the three.

The three then got up as they huddled together in a circle like teletubbies as the little girl whispered “ Right, we’ll meet up next week in Yong-yongs house to watch the movie!”

“Omo? Yong-yongs?” The calm boy repeated and eyes little Yonghwa “You’re okay with that?”

The little Yonghwa blushed slightly before uttering “I guess,  since Shinhye said so. It’s fine”

The calm boy then looked at him cutely before exclaiming “Right! It’s settled!” Then hugged the group tighter “I can’t wait till next week!”

“Yah!! Jaejin cut it out you’re chocking me!!” little Yonghwa yelled out with Jaejin laughing at him.

The other two chuckled along with Jaejin and tightened their grip as well, just for the sake of pissing Yonghwa off.   The boy is indeed not pleased with his friends, and let it all out with a loud roar “Yah!! Minhyuk! Shinhye! Not you too!!” he boy cried as he struggled to unleash himself from their claws

As their laughter echoed further and further away, Yonghwa slowly gains back his consciousness and finds himself lying onto a soft material. “Ouch” He held onto his aching head and slowly turned his head to the side, only to find closed eyes of a familiar girl he knows.

The boy jumped in surprise when he realized that his very ‘Lady’ is sleeping soundly on his bed. She is sitting on a wooden chair with her arms and upper body rested comfortably onto his bed.

“Shinhye?” He whispered in shock as then another figure came walking in slowly into his room.

“Omo? You’re awake hyung?” Minhyuk asked as he walked closer and brought him some warm tea. “Here drink this. It should make you feel better” He offered with a warm smile.

Yonghwa looked at him as he carefully scanned trough his face then nodded slowly and reached out for the warm tea in his hand. “Gumawo” He thanked him, still eyeing him.

“Is something wrong hyung?” Minhyuk asked as he sat on one side of his bed “You look awfully pale” he commented, which made Yonghwa turn to his hanging mirror. Indeed, if Minyuk hadn’t say so, he could’ve almost mistaken himself for a ghost.

“I guess I’m just tired” he answered him with a weak voice.

Minhyuk examined his face again and asked “Did you have a bad dream?” he asked earning a shocked look from the boy “You’re excreting cold sweat too” He pointed out as he gently brushed Yonghwas’ slightly soaked forehead.

The boy however, shook his head in disagreement “Ani. It’s not a bad dream.” Yonghwa stated and the continued slowly “If anything, it’s a weird one”

Minhyuks eyes widen when he heard his statement and then froze. Yonghwa faced the boy and looked deep into his eyes as he finally brought up “Minhyuk, you were there too… in my…. dream” He trailed off.

Minhyuk gulped as he commented “And? What was I doing?”

Yonghwa then looked to the side as he tried to remember “Well, I can’t remember everything. But I remember you wearing these huge round glasses” He remarked and made circled with his hands and put it in front of his eyes, and chuckled slightly “You look like a complete nerd”

Minhyuks eyes widen even more at his statement as he thought I use to wear glasses. I only got contact lenses when I was about 10 and never checked up ever since my eyesight never bothered me that much anymore.

“Minhyuk?” Yonghwa went on “You know, Sebastian, your Haraboje told me something that has been bothering me for quite some time actually”  

Minhyuk snapped out of his thoughts and then turned to Yonghwa “Haraboje did?”

The boy nodded then continued “Something about my dreams and visions that I get before or after my headache being true live events” He said and paused and closely examined Minhyuks expression “Quite disturbing isn’t it?” He carried on, since the boy didn’t react.

“A-ah sure… Dreams coming true is one thing, but for it to actually turn out to be a reality-“

“But I don’t remember anything about these so-called dreams” he cut him off completely “So it can’t be reality right? That maybe it’s just my mind playing tricks on me, or something like that”

Minhyuks was about to cut in before Yonghwa continued but then was beaten by him “But strange enough…” He begun and held his chest “It hurts.” And turned his head to Minhyuk, “Every time I see it, it hurts Minhyuk.  It hurts so bad that I can no longer contain this pain in my chest any longer” And begun tearing up.

Surely, Yonghwa’s head, mind or brain doesn’t remember any of his childhood memories. But his heart so goddamn does. And it’s telling him to remember it. It’s telling him to remember that long forgotten past which had stored many of his forgotten happiness.

Minhyuk can only tear up with him as he hung his head low, not being able to do anything Hyung, it’ll come to you one day. And when the time comes, I’ll be there to support you. 

Yonghwa then begun and snapped Minhyuks out of his thoughts

Minhyuk…” Yonghwa whispered to him in between his tears “can anyone help me and explain what’s going on with me? Am I going nuts?” The boy broke “Why am I crying over some irrational dreams? Why Minhyuk? Why am I-“ 

Before Minhyuk can think comforting words or act, he was then beaten.

“Yonghwa?” A soft voice halted his cry. The girl then rubbed her eyes cutely before examining her surroundings sleepily, when it hit her. Yonghwa's crying.

She got up immediately and quickly wrapped her arms around the boys shoulder as she pulled him into a warm hug. “I’m here” She whispered soothingly still with wide eyes from shock, trying to calm him down.

Though Shinhye knows nothing of what’s happening, this is the first thing that comes to mind  when she saw Yonghwas heart-breaking expression. So, as she softly held onto his white shirt she kept on whispering in his ear,  “It’s okay Yonghwa… I’m here”


A/N: Anyeong~ it's been awhile you guyz! XD

Okay i'm energetic now since it's only 7 pm hahaha. Anyways~ back to the story! XD

SO THEN, i revealed the names of the little children in Yonghwas dreams for the very first time. Now, tell authornim.... was that unexpected? kekeke maybe not for some and maybe yes for some! (Well idk, you all have minds talk to them haha)

To those who are curious, YES, The lee's have war within themselves ( A complicated one, but we'll get into that next time~) And~ 

I'LL SEE YOU ALL NEXT TIME! Thank you for your neverending support my lovelies~ <3