Goodbye My First Love

Le Mademoiselle and her Butler

Yonghwa sat down on the couch next to the bed that Shinhye is sleeping on as he gently held onto her hand. The boy is frightened to witness her in pain after all these years.

“After 18 years…. Why did she have to remember him?” the boy thought sadly as he gently rubbed his hand against hers.

“Can you still not let him go?”  He thought in sorrow as he pulled closer to her face and placed his lips gently on her forehead

“Shinhye…” he then whispered dearly in her ear “I love you”

.

.

.

.


In Shinhye’s dream:

Shinhye was walking into a meadow full of tall grass in her white-laced dress as she hummed to a cheerful melody. As she ran and twirled around with the calming summer breeze she discovered a boy standing on top of a hill wearing a white shirt and short pants facing the opposite direction. Curiously, the girl tiptoed her way behind the boy, as she observed him.

The boy had his eyes closed, as if he were enjoying the summer breeze just as she did. His hands were neatly tucked inside his pockets as his straight black hair were gently blown by the breeze, like perfect painting of beauty.

The boy then opened one of his eyes upon discovering Shinhye and smirked. Right there and then Shinhye knew who he was.

“Jaejin…”

The boy walked closer as he gently removed the grass in Shinhye’s hair and then smiled wider “Hey there, my angel. It’s been awhile”

“Oppa… I…” Shinhye begun to sob “I miss you….”

Jaejin then walked closer to give her his usual warm hug and whispered back “As have I” he said as he combed her wavy auburn hair.

“Where… have you been all this time? Where did you go… all these years?”  The girl whispered back “My outer self might have forgotten… but my heart has never once stopped thinking of you!!”

Jaejin smiled sadly upon the girls declaration “Is that so? Mianhae… I had no idea”

“I won’t forgive you!!” The girl shouted as she hit his back “How cruel of you… to keep me waiting all these years…” She began reminiscing the times where she would wait endlessly in front of the door as if Jaejin would’ve burst in any second.

Waiting… and waiting… without even have the time to think about eating, drinking or bathing. She kept on waiting for that one boy who would never ever come back.

“Shinhye… “  Jaejin begun whispering in her ear “Deep down… you knew that I wouldn’t come back, didn’t you?”

Shinhye then looked up at him in disbelief as she begun “If so… then why are you here?”

Jaejin then sighed heavily as he parted his hug “Shinhye… I know that you know that this is just a dream” he begun saying softly with a sad smile

Shinhye’s eyes widen upon his statement as she started shaking her head with swelling eyes “No… You…”

“Know you too well?”  Jaejin continued her sentence with a raised brow and smirk. The boy then came close once again as he gently touched the girls’ cheek. “It’s time to wake up, ok?” he said as he gently patted her head.

Shinhye begun shaking her head violently as she cried “Ani!”  She screamed in protest “If it’s true that this is a dream, then I’d rather never wake up!”

Jaejin looked at her sadly and asked, “Do you really mean that?”

Huh? What do you mean?”

“Yonghwa”  Jaejin begun stating, “He’s worried of you

Upon the mention of his name, Shinhye tensed and went silent. Jaejin then smiled in content as he continued to move closer to her and give her a soft kiss on her lips.

“Good bye, my angel.”  He said as he parted his lips with hers “You are, and will always be my first love”

Upon his statement, Shinhye dropped another tear. This is it. This is goodbye.

“You too oppa” She whispered back and at that moment, her surroundings started to glow bright white.

“Be happy for me” Jaejin said as he waved “Tell him how you feel, and don’t keep it hidden just for my sake”

“Tell who?” Shinhye asked questioningly

“I’ve been watching over you all these years” Jaejin said with a smile “You have my blessing!” he then grinned as he shouted “Tell that lucky bastard that if he ever makes you cry, I WILL haunt him in his sleep!”

And with that, Shinhye woke up.

As she did, the girl immediately stood up and walked towards the ice cold window as she watched the sun rise, as if it signaled a new beginning and chapter in her life.

“Jaejin…” She whispered “Thank you… for everything”


Yonghwa came up with hot brewed tea and cookies in hope that Shinhye had woken up. The boy knocked the door gently before coming in as usual before opening the door.

However, unlike the few several times he did before, this time, a voice responded to his knock.

“Who is it?”

He couldn’t have mistaken that voice for anyone. Yonghwa then barged into the room in panic as traced the room frantically, looking for that one figure he had missed so much.

Then there she was, standing in front of the window, facing outward, in her long sleeping gown.

“Sh-shinhye?”

The girl then turned as she faced him with a smile that he hasn’t seen in her for so long.

“Yonghwa, is that cookies?” She said normally as if nothing big had happened before.

Yonghwa then laughed out loud upon the girls’ response “Well, yes they are. Would you like some?”

“No need to ask” The girl then moved quickly to his side as she tried to grab some cookies but was then hugged by Yonghwa instead.

“Thank God you’re okay” He whispered as a tear trailed down his cheek.

The girl then blushed upon his action as she responded, “W-well of course I am. Why wouldn’t I be?”

“Thank God” Yonghwa repeated, ignoring the girls response “Thank God, Thank God.”


A/N : Yohoo people~ i have free time off colege so i decided to update a chap for you! mianhae, i could'nt update since i was busy and all :'''') 

So, any thoughts on this chapter? How do you all like it so far? SHinhye finally says good bye to her long first love. So will she welcome another? Stay tune for more updates! (Whenever that is :''''))