Cold Night

Le Mademoiselle and her Butler

“Right we should stop here today” teacher Yoon dismissed the lesson while taking his reading glasses off.

Shinhye then let out a long sigh of relief almost immediately after she closed her notes. Finally, the long history and Math session that she despises most is over.

“Make sure to re-read the World War 2 chapter” Teacher Yoon said as he stood up “And do some extra exercises on the new chapter for math, so you won’t easily forget the new formula I just thought you”

The girl looked at her teacher disheartened as she utter “Neh sasaengnim” And stretched her back before turning to him “I’ll send you off home”

The man nodded at her and waited as she hurriedly grabs her dull grey sweater. Once she wore it, teacher Yoon began opening the door to let her out first, then went out himself before closing the door shut.

The two then talk idly as they walked down the stairs before coming into a halt. There sat Shinhye’s father, Minhyuk, and…Yonghwa. All together sitting in the living room with grim expressions plastered on their faces.

Both Shinhye and teacher Yoon exchanged glances as they observed the dark atmosphere lingering within the room, unable to act otherwise.

Minhyuk who had his eyes fixed on Yonghwa had noticed their presence and slowly lifted his head to meet with their gazes. He then let out one soft yet forced smile as he asked “Are your lessons over milady?”

The girl nodded slowly and answered “Oh yeah. Just now.”

The boy continued to smile and then went on “I understand that you will you be sending your teacher o the front door?”

“Oh. Yeah. Right now”

The boy then nodded his head twice before eyeing the door “Well be safe on your way home sasaengnim” the boy uttered before sending him off a friendly smile.

“Thanks Minhyuk ah” teacher Yoon thanked him before nudging his elbow to Shinhye’s side while slightly pushing her forward, knowing that she’s completely clueless of the cause of the dark atmosphere.


Yonghwa stood up lifelessly as soon as they left and turned towards his dorm, just walking there absentmindedly. Minhyuk and Master looked painfully at him as they heaved a long, deep sigh.

“I knew it” The master grunted under his breath “He hates me now, my boy”

Minhyuk can only drop his head and stare at his hyungs cold back, that very back which he used to chase every morning to hug and jump on, a back which he can never even dream of leaning on again. At least in the near future.

Hyung…

-Rewind-

“You, my master, knew my real identity, do you not?”

The master then froze upon the question, thinking that he had not heard right, asked him once again “Mbo ya Yonghwa ya… what identity are you talking about?”

“Please don’t treat me like an ignorant brat who knows nor understands nothing.” He snapped at him “I no longer am, master”

The master then looked deeply into his brown orb eyes and understood, that Yonghwa finally remembers, because that look that he had before had came back. That famous nation-wide known JungYonghwa’s mature and piercing cold stare.

“Of course you aren’t” He then chuckled sullenly “Now then, should we brew some tea to go along with this conversation?”

Yonghwa then immediately observed his masters chest and noticed the inconsistent breathing pattern which had suddenly occurred and realized that he was the cause. With guilt, he then brings himself to stand up and said “I’ll brew the usual herb tea, because I recently became fond of it”

With that, he immediately went off. Master and Minhyuk then eyed him until he disappears into the kitchen, amazed that he even still cares for a man who could possibly the cause of his parents’ murder.

“I don’t think we should call the therapist” Minhyuk suddenly uttered out of nowhere, earning a bewildered expression from his master. Understanding the cause of his stare he immediately answered him “I think hyung will be fine even after hearing the truth.” Minhyuk went on. “Ani. I believe he will. It is hyung after all”

“Still we can never know, what if he gets shocked or even worse-“

“Hyung hates it whenever anyone makes a fuss over him. He once told me that it makes him feel completely weak and useless” Minhyuk explained with a rather nostalgic smile. “Let’s trust him and spare his pride, neh?”

Master then eventually agreed and decided to tell the truth about Yonghwa’s true identity and history, the masters relationship with his father and company and what kind of household he was raised in, ect. All told to him in detail and as concise as possible, so the boy could grasp all of it at once. So far, he had absorbed the information calmly, until the case of master myungsoo’s accident had come up.

“Whose car did you crash?” he asked his master, but then to his disappointment earned an unknowing shook in return.

“I don’t know” He answered him “Your father told me that very night that he’d take care of everything for me, and since I wasn’t exactly on my right mind I just threw all the responsibility to him, even though it was supposed to be mi-“

“Don’t even bother coming up with such excuses. It’s such a pain to hear it” Yonghwa then hissed as he averted his gaze away from him. As he did, he then noticed 2 shadowy figures before them but decided to ignore them and remained silent.

Minhyuk who had been paying close attention to him noticed that Yonghwa had noticed someone’s presence a few moments earlier and decided to lift his head.

-Back to present time-

“I’ll be going now Shinhye ssi” Teacher Yoon waved her goodbye as he put on his scarf.

“Neh. It’s rather chilly tonight, please take care and not catch a cold” She waved back.

“Rather, you’re actually hoping that I would catch a cold, no? Since me being sick equals to you not having private lessons for awhile after all” He teased

“Aish, though I honestly did not hope for that, you’re starting to change my mind sasaengnim” She hissed back at him.

Teacher Yoon then chuckled as he ruffled her hair “Arrassoh, I’ll take care then. See you tomorrow, Shinhye ssi”

“Neh, until tomorrow sasaengnim!” She waved finally before making a u-turn, on her way on heading back in, until a figure had caught her attention.

“Omo?” The girl wondered and started to focus her gaze to the figure who is now standing silently next to the servants’ dorm. Isn’t that… Yonghwa?


A/N: Anyeonghaseyo my dear readers~ it sure has been awhile neh? 

nothing much has happened in this chap, but i think you all can tell that heaps of things are waiting up ahead! kekke so then, until next time folks! Mianhae if i didn't satisfy your standards in this chap TT authornim will try her best to redeem herself in the next chap! nevertheless, i still hope (Somewhere deep in my heart) that  you guys enjoyed this chap! well... until next time! (for real this time, haha)