Bracelet

Le Mademoiselle and her Butler

“Yonghwa?” The girl questioned him as he is still entangling his fingers with hers.

The boy then turned his head to face her blankly as if he’s doing nothing out of the ordinary and just shrugged her off. “What?”

Shinhye eyes their entangled hands shyly and stared at him “Aren’t you going to let go?”

Yonghwa smirked then said “Aren’t we like siblings already? What’s there to be shy about?”

The girl rolled her eyes dramatically as she let him do whatever he wants “Whatever”

He chuckled lightly as he pulled her closer to him, close enough to slightly bump into him. The girls’ eyes widened at a remarkably large size and stared at him in disbelief. The boy smiled, amused from her reaction and continued to walk on ahead.

Shinhye then felt a little tight feeling in her chest upon Yonghwa’s act and a flash of scenario played inside her head

The little girl was pulled into a forced hug. The girl didn’t like it at all, while the boy just smiled triumphantly. It was a rather adorable childhood love-hate relationship.

“Milady?” Yonghwa called out to her, snapping her back into reality “We’re home”

“Oh... right” She answered rather absentmindedly.

They were then welcomed home by a pair of smiling faces.

“Omo? You’re home already?” The master smiled brightly upon their return and stood up from his seat “I’ll make you two your favorite brewed tea”

Yonghwa immediately rushed to stop the man and said “Ani, there really is no need. I’ll brew the tea instead” He assured him with a smile before heading off to the kitchen.

Shinhye looked at her appa weirdly before uttering “What’s with you appa? Suddenly offering to brew some tea... it’s really not like you” She blabbered, earning a rather awkward laugh from her father.

“Ani. I just had a sudden urge to”

Shinhye narrowed her eyes as she mentally judges her father but then shrugged it off and turned her attention to the man next to him “What about you Sebastian? Any idea why my appa became weird like this lately?”

Sebastian chuckled whole-heartedly upon the curious eyes of his beloved little lady but then shook his head. “Ani. I wish I knew as well, milady”

The girl just sighed once she heard his reply and smiled again “Oh well, I guess when the time comes he’ll let me know.” She said facing Sebastian then turned her head to face her father “Right appa?”

Myungsoo offered her a forced smile and said “Go ahead a change, Yonghwa should be done with the brewing anytime soon” He told her as she immediately dashed upstairs to change.

“You’re never planning on telling her anytime soon aren’t you?” Sebastian stated in a rather cold tone.

The man stayed silent upon hearing the other man’s’ statement but then shrugged it off. “Back to where we stopped, have you located Yonghwa’s therapist? We should be needing his help soon enough”

Sebastian sneered at him for avoiding his question but said “Neh. He’s in Busan now, I should be able to contact him soon”

The master then nodded his head “Good. When you do get in touch with him, let me know”

“Who’s in busan?” a voice pierced through the room, shocking the two men having the rather serious conversation. They forgot that Yonghwa is still there.

“Y-Yonghwa?” Myungsoos’ voice cracked upon saying the name.

“Why would I need a therapist?” The boy questioned

Sebastian knew that this would not be going well. “No Yonghwa, it has nothing to do with you” He lied rather smoothly.

The boy looked at them in a rather pained expression “Can I trust you? Are you lying to me?” He started to find doubt in trusting these people who just blatantly spoke of a therapist for him right in front of his eyes.

Myungsoo’s heart pulse raced upon hearing the boys’ insecurity and immediately rushed to him to give him a hug “Trust me please Yonghwa! I would never do anything to hurt you in any way!! I promise!”

Yonghwa’s expression softened upon hearing the masters’ desperate request and returned the hug. “Master, forgive me for accusing you. I must’ve confused myself just now. So please don’t worry about it.”

The latter then released the hug. “Here’s the brewed tea that I promised just now.” He placed a teapot on the table as he slowly backed away “Now, I’ll excuse myself”

“Wait Yonghwa” Sebastian called out “Are you not going to enjoy the tea with us?”

Yonghwa forced a smile as he shook his head “Ani. I’ll pass” And walked back to his room.

The master looked at his retreating figure in pain as he sighed. If a little trace of doubt in Yonghwa’s eyes were able to cause him this much stresses, what would Yonghwas’ hate to him will cause?

“Myungsoo” Sebastian broke off the silence “You do realize that you’ve just made a promise that you wouldn’t be able to keep right?”

Mungsoo ruffled his hair in distress as he grumbled “My mind’s a mess right now. Stop making me re-thinking of what’s been done”

Sebastian just leaned back on the chair as he sighed. “You already took their childhood memories away from them, and now you’re ignoring their rights to know about it?” Sebastian declared as he shook his head in disappointment “You’re more of a coward than I give credit to”

The man just smiled sadly uponhearing this as he replied “I guess this is what people call, regret?”


Yonghwa lay down on his bed after hearing the conversation made between Sebastian and his master.

“…Have you located Yonghwa’s therapist? We should be needing his help soon enough.”

This is somehow similar to that night…

*Flashback*

Right after Yonghwa had formally introduced himself as Shinhye’s butler and made clear of his real personality to her he decided to head off to bed. On his way to his room though, he just realized, he didn’t know where his room is.

I guess I’ll look for my so-called master to tell me where my room is

So then he wondered aimlessly looking from room to room, hoping to find the room of his new master. Until he had finally came to a large door.

This is the only room left. So it should be his room he thought and creaked the door open. When he did, he heard a couple of voices arguing echoing within the room. Curious in who is arguing with whom, he decided to keep a low profile and peaked into the room instead of making an appearance.

There he saw, his new master and the head butler, or he should say, ex-head butler of the house arguing at a rather worrying pitch.

“If you make him go to the therapy centre to remember is past now he’ll break down and might never be able to recover again!”

“The boy is my friend’s precious son! He needs to know his status within the society for goodness sake!! He’s not just some butler that I picked up from the street!! He’s far more valuable than that!”

What on earth are they arguing about? Little Yonghwa thought in his head.

“it’s because he’s that much valuable Myungsoo!” The old man screamed “Let him at least heal his physical wounds from the accident.” He told him off.

“He’s not safe, Sebastian.” He then finally uttered

Sebastian knew that arguing with him will be of no use. Myungsoo is far much too disoriented to let any suggestions into his head. “What do you want Myungsoo?”

“If, if that boy remembers, then he’ll hate me from the beginning, then I don’t need to have any attachment with him”

Yonghwa looked at his master weirdly who’s practically whining like a little school girl. Is this the same man who had saved me back then in the streets?

“So, you’re scared from getting attached to him and then have him hating you in the end?” Sebastian confirmed earning a light nod from him.

He shook his head as he walked up to him “That’s something to worry about for later.” Then looked at him worriedly “Let’s focus on doing what’s best for him now, hm?”

Little Yonghwa couldn’t comprehend anything that the two had talked about and decided to turn a blind eye on the incident. That night he had waited patiently in front of the door until the two had finished their conversation and made his appearance when he had confirmed that the two are finished.

*End of flashback*

I thought that it wasn’t important that time because it didn’t concern me He thought reluctantly in his head. Who would’ve knownOr maybe I heard wrong?

“Yonghwa hyung?” A voice knocked from the other side of his door.

“Come in” he answered the knock

The bubbly boy then made his way in “Are you feeling alright?”

Yonghwa just nodded slowly as he faced him “I guess so. Wae?”

The boy shook his head and he reached for something in his pocket. It was a friendship bracelet of some sort “I’m giving this back to you”

“Giving it back? Do I own anything like this?”

“Minhyuk then smiled knowingly “It’s for me to know, and for you to find out” He smile cheekily and begun standing up.

“Oh hold up” Yonghwa stopped him as he held onto his wrist. “Sebastian said the same thing to me not too long ago”

Minhyuk looked at him goofily as he said “Oh Chincha?” He then looked at Yonghwa with playful eyes and then chuckled “Then it’s unquestionable that we’re indeed grandpa and grandson” then immediately dashed out of his room.

<>

“Mihyuk?”

“Neh, yeoboseyo haraboje. What brings you to call me at an unusual time?”

“Where are you now? Are you on your way home?”

Minhyuk looked over at Sulli who is now staring back at him.“Neh. I’ll just drop Sulli off at her place then immediately head off home”

“Aish stop dating and hurry home. Something big had happened” His haraboje then explained what had happened between Yonghwa and Master Myungsoo earlier.

“I’m already on my way home, so can you do me a favor?”Sebastian finally said after explaining everything to his grandson “Knowing Yonghwa, he would still be bothered about it now. So, why not give him another hint?”

Minhyuk smiled knowingly “Arassoh haraboje, I know just the thing”

“Gomawo for sending me back home Minhyuk-ssi” The girl smiled whole-heartedly

Minhyuk then snapped his head up after hearing her statement and looked blankly at her front gate.

The girl chuckled upon seeing his surprised face and said “You nearly talked more than half of the journey”

The boy then looked at her apologetically as he said “Mian, I ignored you for half of the journey”

The girl then shook her head understandingly “It must be something important. So don’t worry about me” She smiled knowingly. “Now go back and do what you must”

Minhyuk smiled as he hugged her “You’re such a good person eonni” and dashed off back to his home.

“Becareful!” Sulli cried at Minhyuks disappearing figure

<<Back to now>>

Sheesh what’s up with those pair of grandchild and grandfather Yonghwa thought annoyingly in his head.

Yonghwa stared at the pink-brown bracelet questioningly as he the carefully observed it to find four initials on the bracelet “S.J.M.Y?” He uttered confusingly. “Are these initials of the company that made this bracelet?”


-Meanwhile in Shinhye’s bedroom-

The girl then went back to her room after having some tea that Yonghwa brewed with her father and Sebastian. The girl felt slightly disappointed when knowing that Yonghwa decided not to have tea with them.

“Why didn’t he drink tea with us?” She said to herself sullenly.

As she lies on her bed, she noticed her messy desk and decided to clean it up for the sake of organization. “I haven’t cleaned it up for awhile” She said to herself.

So then she stacked up books, and dusted here and there. There were also few stains that needed to be taken care of, some papers to organize and files to sort out. “Wow, when was the last time I cleaned up?” she asked herself after stacking the last pile of folders. “I really need to schedule time for spring cleaning once in a while” and then averted her gaze to a foreign pink box that was squeezed in between her thick history books.

“Oh I don’t even remember this existed” She said and opened the cap of the milky pink box, to find an unfamiliar bracelet in it. Shinhye then took out the bracelet and lifted it up in the air as she carefully examined it. “What an adorable bracelet!” She exclaimed happily, and immediately puts it on.

“How come I never remembered of having something so antiquely cute?” and then carefully examined the nicely designed milky yellow leather bracelet.

“Omo? What are these initials?” She uttered when she had seen the initials “S.J.M.Y?” She looked in confusion “I’ve never heard of such company names… did it go bankrupt?”


A/N: Anyeong~ updated again~ :)

I hope i'm not boring you guys~ forgive me for such a slow progress in the story~ mianhe.... i know i'm dragging things.BUt i just had to write things down, if not, some important points will beleft out (please understand)

Anyway, what you all have been waiting for is most probably going to happen in the next chap! so stay tuned! (hopefully..)

Anyways, until the next time my lovelies~ Sarangeyo! XD