When the Members Pretend You're In Danger to Test His Love for You

Optional Bias Scenarios

A/N: This is one of those times where I write the request and then go back to read it and have no idea what I just typed. Sorry, I wasn’t completely sure how to write this request. (x_x) Ah well. I’ll do extra well on the special surprise to make up for this~!

The boys sat in a circle on the polished wood floors, a couple leaning exhaustedly against the mirrored wall. Water bottles and face towels were tossed on the ground in between them, and they waited lazily for their manager and other group member to arrive.

“Do you think they’re actually going to stay together?” one asked, referring to the absent member and his girlfriend. One of the others scoffed.

“I don’t think so. They’re not together much.” The boy to the left of him offered an incredulous look.

 “Of course not,” he said sarcastically. “Not with this lifestyle.” They nodded in agreement, a few grunting their tired replies. A taller one of the group members leaned over, resting his head in the lap of the boy next to them. Practicing every day with little sleep in between left the group weary and fatigued, the dark circles under everyone’s eyelids leaving explanations unnecessary.

“We should test how much he loves her,” one said with a laugh. The others looked up in confusion, having already forgotten the conversation from a few moments ago. “If he doesn’t, they obviously won’t stay together very long.” In their drowsy stupor the boys grunted affirmative replies, tossing together a sloppy plan to assess their member’s dedication to you.

It was late in the evening, and they boys were beginning to settle in for sleep. Without the energy to argue over the bathroom, they shuffled as a crowd over the white linoleum. One member clambered out of the shower in his towel, as another squeezed past the boys at the mirror to take his turn. The members waited for your boyfriend to walk away from his cell phone and slipped it into a drawer. A few minutes later, one of the members looked down at his phone and pretended to answer a call.

“Oh hey!” he began, pausing as though a familiar voice was travelling through the phone. “What are you doing there? Be careful, it’s dangerous at this hour!” He laughed. “I’m serious, be careful. What? Wait why-” He lowered his phone, looking confused. “She hung up.”

“Who?” someone asked, his terrible acting earning him an elbow to his ribs from the boy next to him.

“Your girlfriend,” he said to your boyfriend, who was checking his pockets for the cell phone. “She was walking downtown and she just hung up on me.” Your boyfriend stood up, hitting his head loudly on the desk he was looking under.

“What? Alone? Oh my god.” He ran out the door without a coat, scrambling outside without any direction.

He wandered down the streets, peering through alleys and glaring at every suspicious man that passed him. The bitter cold was sharp against his cheeks, put he panted heavily as he ran to find you.

The boys laughed for a moment, but quickly realized the uselessness of their “test”. Both of you would be angry, and at the moment their group member was hurrying downtown without his jacket.

“Maybe we should call him?” someone asked. One of the members shoved him against the head.

“You hid his phone, idiot.” The other boy looked scandalized.

“That wasn’t my idea!” The group argued for a few minutes, ultimately deciding that your boyfriend would check your house eventually.

Thankfully, they were correct. You peered suspiciously through the peephole on your door, not expecting visitors late in the evening. As you opened the door, you smiled uncomfortably at your boyfriend.

“What are you doing here? And no coat?” You leaned close, noticing the red glassiness in his eyes. “You look like you’re about to cry. What happened?” He stammered, his exhausted mind tumbling thoughts in a blur.

“But you were downtown? Alone? And you hung up the phone…” You raised an eyebrow.

“I’ve been here all night.” Your boyfriend’s expression melted from one of confusion to stern anger.

“I’m going to kill them. Come with me?” You sighed, reaching for a jacket and following him out the door. During the walk to his dorm, your boyfriend tried to explain his baffling evening. When you arrived at the front door his band members greeted you sheepishly, faltering in front of your boyfriend’s boiling glare.

“Would someone like to explain what the hell is going on?” The group described their “test,” admitting guiltily that your boyfriend had obviously passed. He looked ready to strangle them, and a few members stepped backwards into the hall. “How exactly is that supposed to test my love? What kind of stupid idea was that anyway?” He scolded them viciously, his eyes wide with irritation. Still confused, you leaned against the door and sighed.

“I think you all need more sleep,” you said with exasperation. “You’re all tired and it’s making you act stupid.” They mumbled in agreement, one member rubbing violently at his baggy eyelids. “Seriously. I still have no idea what just happened.” Shrugging, they turned down the hall to return to bed.

“I’m sorry,” one stammered. “That was dumb.”

Your boyfriend looked to you apologetically with a combination of irritation and what felt like commiseration.

“I think we need a day off. This is getting out of control,” he complained. “Did I tell you about yesterday when someone accidentally put a cell phone in the microwave? These idiots.” You laughed, patting him on the head.

“You should get to sleep. And I should get back.” He shook his head, starting to the door with a sigh.

“No, I’ll walk you back. We don’t want you in actual danger.” You grabbed his jacket and tossed it lightly on his shoulders. Your boyfriend shook his head again, taking your hand in his. “They’re going to pay for this.”