When It's a Rainy Day

Optional Bias Scenarios

A/N: I'm baaaack~!

“Damn it.” Holding your hands above your eyes, you squinted towards the thick grey sky with a scowl. As if in response, a cold raindrop fell and landed directly on your forehead. You shook it away, frowning with a slump in your shoulders. When you left your apartment in the morning, the sun was bright between white clouds. You had walked to work, hoping to surprise your boyfriend at his company building before going home. To your misfortune, heavy rain rolled its way above the city, leaving you a mile from the practice room without a car or raincoat to keep you dry.

You stepped forward from the building, giving up your hope that the weather would improve. The rain fell down in sheets as the clouds again tried to discourage from going home. You continued to walk for a while, but eventually gave up as the water soaked through your shoes. A crack of lightening flashed down the street, and you turned to the closest building. Visiting your boyfriend would have to wait. Shivering and uncomfortable, you opened the door to a small café and hoped for a few minutes of dry quiet. Someone said your name tentatively and you turned around with a start.

“What a coincidence!” A bright smile broke on his face, and he walked toward you with his arms open. Your boyfriend hesitated, taking quick notice of the water dripping from your clothes.

“You’re soaked!” You rolled your eyes at the obvious statement, giving him a defeated grimace. “What are you doing here anyway?” You sighed, falling with dissatisfaction into the seat he pulled out for you.

“I got off early. I was planning on visiting you but the weather is kind of…” He laughed, a hand resting comfortably on yours.

“Well you managed to find me anyway. The boys are back in the building, I had to be the one to get coffee this time.” You smiled, happy that fate at least allowed you to find your boyfriend despite the inconvenient storm. As the thunder and lightning began to subside, he gestured to the door and offered a hand to you across the table.

“It looks better now, want to go see everyone?” You nodded, taking his hand with a smile. He opened the door, looking to the rainy sky in unison with you. Small raindrops continued to drop ripples in the puddles covering the streets, the dark clouds still dominating the sky’s canvas.

He shrugged the rain jacket off of his shoulders, turning to help your arms into the long sleeves. You shook your head.

“You wear it! I’m still damp and you shouldn’t get sick.” He rolled his eyes and chuckled, as though your comment was laughably foolish.

“Don’t be silly. If you won’t wear it, I won’t either.” He spoke with a smile but you knew he was serious. With a sigh you pulled the sleeves over your arms. He flicked the hood over your head, pulling it below your eyes and laughing. You giggled, smacking him gently against the arm and adjusting the coat.

With a mischievous grin he took your hand, reaching his long fingers forward to catch drops of rain. You did the same, pulling your hand back and flicking the drops of water gently at his face. He turned to you with a yell and a ringing laugh. He too tossed water in your direction, and it was only a moment before you were jumping like children in the water.

Any time your shoes had spent drying in the café had been reversed, and you leaped wildly into the puddles to chase your boyfriend down the sidewalk. He grabbed you around the waist, lifting you in his arms and jumping into the deepest puddle he could find.

You wandered together back into the company building, completely drenched.

“What happened?” One of his band members gaped at the both of you, his eyes wide and suspicious. You turned to each other, smiling knowingly. A towel was thrown at the two of you, and your boyfriend tossed it on your head. He rubbed it quickly, drying your hair with a wide smile. You laughed, standing on your toes to try and dry his in return.

His manager handed the both of you dry clothes, fished from the wide array of options kept at hand by the number of stylists in the building. Pulling you close by the strings of your hooded sweatshirt, your boyfriend placed a warm kiss on your forehead.

“You’re really fun to have around. I hope you know that.” You laughed.

“I think I like keeping you around too.” You smiled, tapping his hat over his eyes and running back into the room s were sitting in. His voice followed you through the door as he chased you once again, laughs echoing off of every wall in the room.