When He Likes You Back

Optional Bias Scenarios

A/N: For Aero :3

You met your friend at a small restaurant at the end of the street. Outside a light sprinkling of rain had dappled the sidewalks, and the sweet spring air was almost overwhelming on your nose. She was sitting at the table nearest to the kitchen, her chin resting sleepily in her hands.

“Hey!” you said, pulling out the seat across from her and sitting down. “How have you been, sleepyhead?” She smiled, her eyes drawing invisible lines over to the cute waiter. He went to your school, and was undeniably the most likeable man either of you had ever met.

“I’m doing just fine, now,” she responded with a girlish laugh. He walked over to your table, holding a small notebook in his hands. You stared at his defined arms, the way the muscles curved and bended with his relaxed grip.

“You guys ready to order?” You nodded simultaneously. He took your orders casually, making jokes and laughing familiarly with the both of you. You noted the bright sparkle in his dark eyes when he looked in your direction, his smile as bold as those of you and your friend.

“Ugh!” your friend remarked. “He’s so cute! Should I tell him?” You sighed, resting your chin in your palm and looking out the window at passersby. This always seemed to happen. The both of you would like the same guy, she would confess, and they’d run off together for however long the relationship lasted.

“I guess so.” You hesitated before continuing to speak. “I don’t know, is he really your type?” Her eyes narrowed.

“You’re just saying that because you like him too.” The tension hovering over your meals was enough to end the boy conversations for the rest of your outing. Afterwards, she left with a smile and an enthusiastic goodbye, leaving you to finish your coffee with your eyes glued to the waiter.

Eventually, he walked over, and you felt your breath hitch in nervous anticipation.

“Hey, where’s your friend?” Your heart sank slightly at the mention of the “competition.”

“She had an appointment. But it’s my turn to pay for lunch, so it’s totally okay.” He scanned the room, noting the emptiness at the other tables before sitting down across from you.

“Still, I mean, I’ll keep you company.” His smile was stunning, leaving you silent for a few blissful moments.

“You know,” you began with a sudden rush of unbridled confidence. “We should go get coffee sometime.” He seemed taken aback, but flashed you a wide grin and lightly touched the top of your hand.

“That would be great! Do you…want to go tomorrow?” You nodded, and he lowered his eyes. “I’m glad you said something… I really like you.” His voice lowered unconfidently, his shyness showing through his exterior.

“Yes! Tomorrow.”