100th Day

Optional Bias Scenarios

A/N: I have 17 more scenarios to post from my other blog before this one is all caught up. Sorry for spamming you guys with updates all the time! Once I've finished posting these last 17 I'll be posting about once a day, which is going to be significantly less annoying for you all I think! Thanks for putting up with the spam while I get my AFF account caught up with my Tumblr location!!

You stared at the phone with a touch of exasperation.

“Why?” A teasing laugh traveled from the other end of your cellphone.

“Just wear it! It’s nothing bad. I promise.” You rolled your eyes, saying goodbye to your boyfriend with suspicion dripping in your voice. Approaching your closet, you found the dress he asked you to wear; his favorite. Even with your confusion you put extra care in touching up. He wouldn’t be vague and playful if it wasn’t something special to him.

When you arrived at his dorm, another group member answered the door. He smiled, giving you a brotherly hug before gesturing toward your boyfriend’s bedroom. You opened the door, puzzled once again. He wasn’t there, but had left a note taped carefully to his pillow, a star-shaped sticker holding it in place. His cheerful handwriting decorated the note in large print, written in your favorite color.

Hi baby! You’re probably really annoyed right now, aren’t you? I’m sorry! Please please come to the practice room now! I promise you won’t regret it. I love you!

You rolled your eyes, but your smile betrayed your feigned annoyance. Still baffled as to the reasons for his game, you folded up the note and drove across town to his practice room. The door’s window was covered by a sheet of paper, so you opened the door with no reservations.

Your eyes were greeted by a colorful array of balloons and a sign, with a menagerie of animal stickers encircling the message. Happy 100 Days! The message was repeated excitedly from your boyfriend before he tightened his arms around you in a crushing hug. Before you had a chance to speak, he was next to the stereo, starting the first track on a blank CD he had placed in the slot.

“Wait! Okay.” The music was cheerful, yet romantic, and you recognized the tune as soon as the first notes rang out. He sang one of your favorite songs, his childish excitement replaced by a physical representation of the emotion in his voice. You watched him happily from the couch, chin resting comfortably upon your hands. When he finished, he paused, looking at you with the expression of an expectant puppy. “Did you like it?” With that you sprung up, hugging him tightly around the waist.

“I love hearing you sing! That was fantastic.” He laughed and stood with you a moment, before grabbing your hand and rushing towards the door.

“Let’s go! We have a reservation at that restaurant we wanted to try!” Before the door closed behind you, he ran back inside. “I almost forgot!” When you turned around, he had his arms outstretched, presenting a bouquet of flowers that were emanating a sweet perfume. You placed it gingerly on the backseat in his car, becoming as excited as he was for the rest of your evening.

When you entered the restaurant, your eyes traveled high toward the cathedral ceilings. You were shown to a table, your boyfriend leading you hand in hand while you marveled at the building’s size. He looked over at you, smiling at your bewilderment. When the waiter arrived at your table, he ordered a number of things from the menu, with you too impressed to speak so much as a sentence.

He insisted upon feeding you various samples of the food, bombarding you with compliments and cheerful conversation. You responded with the same, overwhelmed by his attention but happy nonetheless. When you left the restaurant, he placed his arm carefully around your waist, moving your head to rest comfortably on his shoulder.

“What do you want to do now?” You turned toward him, your face next to his.

“Can we just…walk?” He nodded, pulling you closer.

“Of course we can!” You wandered together through the city lit by windows. Your hands interlaced, you pointed enthusiastically at different displays and sights, laughing excitedly.

By the end of the evening you were both elated and exhausted. You fell to the couch almost as soon as you entered your apartment, kicking your heels to the floor. Your boyfriend laughed, picking them up and placing them neatly next to his shoes. He ran towards you, threatening to leap on you as you lay vulnerable. You squealed, trying to squirm away from his teasing grasp. He captured you, pulling you with both arms onto his lap.

“Did you have a good day today?” he asked, resting his head on your shoulder. You nodded, the motion causing both your heads to move.

“Yes, thank you! It was the best!” You turned to give him a light kiss. He shook his head.

“You’re the best.” You rolled your eyes but rested your head comfortably on his chest.

“You’re so cheesy!” He smirked.

“Only for you.”