When He Defends You

Optional Bias Scenarios

 

A/N: I'm posting these in the order that my scenarios were originally written, so it's safe to say these earlier ones aren't very good. D: 

You smiled to yourself as you walked into the studio your boyfriend was going to be recording at. He was going to be releasing a single with another artist from his company, and invited you to come listen while you waited for him to finish up. When he asked you agreed right away. You were always willing to listen to his beautiful voice. When you opened the door and entered the room, he waved to you enthusiastically, a bright smile on his face as he removed his headphones. The girl he was recording with also removed hers, and stood up with a confused expression.

He called your name happily. He gestured to the gorgeous girl next to him and you repressed a slight pang of jealousy. “This is Sora. I’m recording the song with her.” The both of you exchanged polite greetings and friendly smiles. She turned to look at your boyfriend.

“This must be the friend you were telling me about.” He looked at you with a wink in his eye and nodded. The two of you had been keeping your relationship between close friends to prevent the news from getting out to the public, and referred to each other as best friends around everyone else. After the three of you exchanged polite conversation for a few minutes, he returned his headphones to his ears and entered the sound booth, preparing to record his part. Repositioning yourself to see his face as he sang, you sat down in a comfortable chair with your chin in your hands. However, as soon as the first few notes rang out, your view was blocked by a shiny brown wave of hair.

“You like him don’t you?” she asked, her once friendly expression now a judgmental glare. You met her eyes with yours.

“Excuse me?”

“Him,” she said, gesturing to your boyfriend. “You like him, right?” She squinted her eyes at you, as if trying to convey through her stare just how much she disliked you. “I don’t know why you would bother. It’s not as though a celebrity would ever want to date someone like you.”

Your mouth dropped open slightly in confusion. Why did her demeanor change so suddenly? It took all the effort you could produce not to notify her of his and your relationship status. She laughed meanly.

“You look so stupid,” she said, rolling her eyes. Anger began to simmer beneath the surface of your skin. Just as you were about to respond, the door to the sound booth opened, and your boyfriend returned to the room.

“I’m done,” he said, and patted the other girl on the shoulder. “Your turn.” She smiled at him with a sickeningly sweet expression.

“Okay oppa! I’ll be sure to do a great job.” She looked at him cutely and messed with his hair as she walked into the sound booth. If your boyfriend noticed how uncomfortable you were looking, he didn’t say anything.

“She seems…nice,” you said, after she closed the door and began to record. He smiled at you.

“I knew you two would get along.” You rolled your eyes, and he looked at you with confusion written on his face.

“She was totally rude to me. I think she likes you.” He seemed surprised and concerned, leaning over and patting your hand gently.

“If she was I don’t think she meant to come off that way. It’s okay. I like you better.” He smiled sweetly.

“I’m not jealous!” You were exasperated, but no matter what you said, he wouldn’t believe that she had insulted you.

When the girl finished recording, you two stood up to say your goodbyes.

“Wait, I think I left something in the office,” your boyfriend said, leaving you behind with the other singer. She smirked at you once again.

“I don’t know why you even bother. I’m serious. He’d never like a girl as pathetic as you. You aren’t even pretty.” You looked down at the ground. You wanted to respond, but the right words simply wouldn’t form in your mouth.

“I think you should leave. I’ll take him home,” she said, looking down on you even more than she was before. “He shouldn’t have to look at something as disgusting as you.” Despite your efforts, you felt tears form in the corners of your eyes.

“Excuse me?” The girl turned in surprise as your boyfriend walked back into the room. “Did you just say what I think you said?” She stuttered and smiled at him.

“Oppa, I don’t know what you’re talking about!” His brow furrowed in anger as she blinked at him cutely.

“Don’t talk to my girlfriend that way,” he said sternly, walking over to you and grabbing you by the waist. The girl was shocked.

“What? Girlfriend? Why would you date someone like her? She isn’t even a celebrity.” He glared at her.

“Don’t be such a . If you don’t stop talking about her, I won’t record the song with you.” The girl stuttered as he pulled you in for a kiss, letting it last longer than he normally would in front of someone else. The girl pushed past both of you, leaving the room in anger. He smiled at you.

“I’m sorry I didn’t listen to you earlier.” You smiled back.

“It’s okay. Thanks for sticking up for me.”

He smiled back and pulled you close once more. “I wouldn’t be a good boyfriend if I didn’t.” He held you tightly. “I promise not to let anyone say things like that about you ever again,” he whispered, sealing his promise with a kiss.