When You Have a Terrible Argument Part II

Optional Bias Scenarios

A/N: I wrote this a long time ago, but I completely forgot to post it!!! This is part II to Chapter 5.

The days since your argument flew by like crisp leaves from a fallen tree. Work became your main focus. You woke up in the morning, worked until late, and went back to sleep. Living with constant monotony made the bags under your eyes heavy and burdensome.

When you arrived today, a vase of bright flowers had been placed on your desk, standing out against the grey and brown of your small office. You grimaced at the cheerfulness. It felt as though he was indirectly mocking your sadness. When it was time to go home, you checked to make sure no one was near you. Picking up the glass vase, you hastily dumped the flowers out the window. Your drive home was slow and tedious, mirroring the sentiments you experienced during the work day.

In front of your apartment was another vase of flowers. You sighed in a disgruntled manner, unable to bring yourself to waste another dozen of those damn flowers. They were your favorite kind, after all. You placed the vase on the kitchen’s island countertop and sat down on the couch, running your fingers over the frayed fibers.

A knock on the door awoke you from your mindless state. You knew who it was before you opened it. Your scowl began to fade when you realized how deflated he looked. His normally straight and confident posture was nowhere to be found, and his eyes had dark bags to match yours. He lifted his hand as though he wanted to touch you, but withheld the motion.

“Will you…come with me?” Curious, you nodded and decided to follow him. Neither of you said anything as you got into the car. It was dark and hard to see, but you recognized the place immediately.

The two of you were almost never able to visit your favorite park. It was popular and he ran the risk of being quickly recognized. When the two of you reached the edge of the lake, you couldn’t help but marvel at the sky. The velvety night was dappled with bright white stars, and the pale moon’s reflection danced gently on the water.

“Beautiful, isn’t it?” he commented. You nodded in response. Your acknowledgment of him gave your boyfriend the confidence to speak louder. “I’m really sorry baby. I was way out of line and I shouldn’t have been so mean and being tired was no excuse and…I’m just sorry. Really really sorry.” You smiled and hugged him tightly.

“I forgive you,” you said with a grin. He kissed the top of your head before pulling you down on the grass with him, pointing at the sparkling stars.