When He Consoles You After You Fail Your Driving Test

Optional Bias Scenarios

A/N: I'm all caught up now! All of the scenarios posted to Tumblr have now been uploaded here. This is the scenario I wrote today~ From now on I'll be writing about one scenario a day. Thanks for reading!

Three points. You failed the test by three points. A loud sigh escaped your lips. It would have been almost easier if you had failed significantly. To be so close was especially painful, and you exited the building with a defeated hunch in your shoulders.

“How did it go?” he asked, leaning forward to look in your downcast eyes. You mumbled a response, leaning on his chest and hiding your face in the fabric of his shirt. He pulled you backwards, lifting your chin to meet your stare. You sighed.

“I failed.” He tightened his arms, wrapping you in a hug.

“It’s alright.” You started walking down the street together, his arm resting comfortably on your shoulder. Hanging your head, you matched his pace, trying uncomfortably to hold back the disappointment written on your features. He felt your shoulders slacken beneath the weight of his arm, and he stopped abruptly on the sidewalk. You stepped to the side, leaning against a restaurant’s wall.

Sliding slowly against the concrete siding, you sat on the sidewalk with your hands on your knees. He crouched down to your level, his fingers cupping your cheek gently.

“I failed it!” you repeated, shadows in your eyes. “I was so close.” He smiled and placed his other hand on your shoulder with an affectionate grip.

“You can try again next week. It’s not a big deal, plenty of people don’t pass the first time they take the test. I’m sure you’ll get it next time.” He grabbed your hand, helping you stand up from the wall. “And if you don’t pass next time, you’ll just keep taking the test until you do. There’s no reason to hurry.”

His hands lightly shook your shoulders, swaying you playfully on your feet.

“Come on,” he said in a singsong voice. “Let’s get ice cream or something. You need to smile.” You turned your lips downward into an exaggerated pout, fighting against his adorable pleading. He grabbed your cheeks with a laugh. “Smile! Or else.”

“No.” You stifled the laughs tickling in your chest, cracking under his endearing persistence. He laughed with a victorious grin and cradled your hand in his.

“Let’s go!” Chasing each other’s pace you ran to the corner store. Your laughs mixed cheerfully with the welcoming ring of the bell above the door, and you quickly forgot about the bothersome test.