When You Fall Asleep While Waiting For Him

Optional Bias Scenarios

His manager waved at you as soon as he saw you walk in the door. You had arrived at the studio to take your boyfriend home after recording. He had to stay much later than the rest of s, and you promised to pick him up so his manager could take everyone else back to the dorm. When you arrived, your boyfriend was in the middle of recording his part for the latest title track. Seeing you walk in, he removed his headphones and walked out of the sound booth.

He scrambled over to you, pulling you close to him for a tight embrace. A few of his other members made gagging noises and rolled their eyes, expressing their childish antics as usual. Everyone laughed for a while, until their manager stood up and gestured for the rest of the group to follow as you and your boyfriend said goodbye to them. Turning to face you, he smiled sympathetically and sighed.

“I still have some more to record. It could take a while. You can lie down on that chair if you want though.” You smiled at him and nodded, setting down your bag. “I’m really sorry about making you wait.” You shook your head.

“It’s really no problem. I love to hear you sing.” He smiled back at you before returning to the sound booth. As his music echoed in the small room, you could feel yourself being lulled to sleep by the sweet melody. Determined to stay awake, you forced your eyes open and tried to focus on him. His eyes were closed as he became absorbed by the music, swaying his body and head in time to the beat.

Eventually, he finished recording the more upbeat song, and switched to a slow, soft ballad. Your eyelids began to droop heavily, and your head leaned forward involuntarily. Despite your efforts, you fell to the side and wandered far into the realm of slumber. When your boyfriend finished, he walked quietly over to the spot on the couch. Shaking you gently, he began to chuckle softly.

“Babe?” he whispered, smiling at the cute scene before him. You didn’t so much as stir beneath his touch. Realizing you were deep in sleep, he cautiously lifted your bag over his shoulders. He didn’t make a sound as he gently lifted you into his arms, being sure to support your head under his hand. Slowly and carefully he walked out of the building and towards your car, determined to let you continue sleeping.

As he buckled you into the passenger seat, you began to awake.

“Hmm?” you mumbled, still half bound by rest. He brushed back your hair gently and kissed you on the forehead.

“Go back to sleep. We’ll be home soon.” You nodded to him in your semi-conscious state, quickly falling back asleep. He smiled to himself as he drove; promising to make up for the time you couldn’t spend together in the morning.