When You Have a Sleepover

Optional Bias Scenarios

A knock on your door startled you from your sleepy daze as you stared at the television screen. Who would be at your house this late? Cautiously, you approached the door and stared through the peephole. To your surprise, your boyfriend was standing on your doorstep, with his shoulders hunched over and an embarrassed grimace on his face. Quickly, you opened the door and greeted him with a tight hug.

“Hey, what are you doing here? You should be sleeping!” You worried about the heavy shadows under his eyes, and wondered why he was at your apartment in the clothes he obviously wore to rehearsal.

“Everyone else is out late today and I forgot my keys.” He whined in frustration. “I’m locked out of my dorm! Can I sleep here tonight?” You laughed at his adorable expression, and stepped to the side to let him in.

“Sure, go ahead.” As he walked in, you noticed how tired and sweaty he was from the extended practice. “Do you want to shower? I have towels in the bathroom.” He nodded eagerly and made his way across the hall. It didn’t take long for you to realize he didn’t have anything to change into. Digging around in your bedroom, you found some clothes he let you borrow when yours got wet about a week ago. Picking them up and walking to the bathroom, you approached the door. You knocked quietly, calling out his name.

“I have some of your clothes for you to change into…” He laughed, realizing he had forgotten them.

“Oh great! That would have been a problem.” You slowly opened the bathroom door, making sure he had the shower curtain pulled over. You placed the clothes on the countertop, and jumped in surprise when he poked his head out from behind the curtain. He laughed.

“Yah! You ert. Trying to sneak up on me like that!” You blushed and glared at him as he laughed, and threatened to take the clothes away from him. He apologized through his chuckles and you left the bathroom, rolling your eyes.

“You’re such a dork!” Even through the bathroom door, you could hear the sound of his laughter. It didn’t take long for him to finish. The two of you took advantage of the situation he had found himself in, spending your time talking and laughing while the television played in the background. You stifled a huge yawn as he smiled at you sweetly.

“Tired?” he asked, touching your face lightly with his hand. You nodded and snuggled yourself comfortably into his chest. The two of you sat that way for a few minutes, before he picked you up suddenly and carried you to your bedroom. He set you down gently, before lying next to you and pulling the covers over you carefully. You smiled. Your bed was always comfortable, but having him in it next to you always made sleep easier to embrace. With the rhythm of his steady heartbeat in your ears, it didn’t take long for you to fall fast asleep.