When He's Too Shy to Confess

Optional Bias Scenarios

A/N: Might not be posting a new scenario tomorrow, just because of studying and because I’m working on a new story. I’ll probably post it here but since it’s third person with original characters, I don’t know how much it’ll be liked. But I hope this scenario fills the request the way you hoped~!

You sat quietly, watching the managers and assistants scramble around the set like mice. One of your close friends had invited you to watch the filming of their newest music video, and you were excited to accept a glimpse into the remarkable life of a celebrity.

The two of you had known each other for a while, growing close when you moved next door to where his parents lived. He was training to become an idol, and you became his friend and support system throughout the stressful process.

His group performed on set with the force of a machine. The music was engaging, the dance a wild arrangement of powerful movements. They bowed politely to the staff, thanking everyone for their hard work and cheering on their efforts.

“Hey, can I talk to you for a minute?” Your friend motioned you over, and exhilarated smile on his face. A trail of sweat dripped down his brow, but you resisted the impulse to wipe it away for him. You nodded, encouraging him to speak. Recently the friendship had felt strained, more distant than usual. Being friends with a celebrity warranted a measure of detachment simply because there weren’t enough hours in the day to see each other often, but the atmosphere when you were together recently had felt particularly awkward.

He opened his mouth and stumbled over words, his shoulders slumping as though he was suddenly deserted by his confidence.

“I was just wondering if you wanted thought…” He shook his head, mumbling under his breath. “I mean, what you thought of our music video?” Confused, you let out an uncomfortable laugh.

“What? It was great! You’re so talented! I think this song his going to be a big hit.” He smiled gratefully at you, fully understanding that you were doing him a favor by not inquiring about his nerves. He took a deep breath, sparkling eyes meeting yours.

“Do you maybe want to go for coffee later? We could go to the café in this building; it’s really close to the changing room.” You smiled, offering him a polite nod.

“Sure, I’d like that.”

You met up with him half an hour later at the coffee shop. He paid for your drink before you had a chance to step towards the register, and you thanked him with the fervent gratitude of a friend. You sat next to each other comfortably at the small booth, shoulders touching as you sipped your coffee.

“So,” you began, still curious about his ambiguity. “What is it you wanted to tell me?” He blushed at your words, suddenly intensely absorbed by the shape of his coffee cup. His long fingers traced its rim, drawing creamy brown rings around the porcelain edge.

“I just wanted to tell you that I…” he paused again, clearing his throat. Eyes scanning the room, he sighed, his hands picking uncomfortably at the sleeves of his sweater. “I’m too shy for this,” he said, voice barely above that of a whisper.

You sat still next to him, confused and uncertain as to how you should react to his obvious discomfort.

“Are you okay?” you finally asked, the hesitation evident in the softness of your tone. He sighed, laying his head in his hands with frustration.

“I’m fantastic! That’s the problem.” He stared at your eyes, taking a deep breath of air. “I…I really, really like you. And I’ve been trying to confess to you for weeks now but it’s so nerve-wracking! Please don’t be mad…” He looked nearly hopeless with his pleading eyes, as though begging you to reject him gently.

“Why would I be mad? I thought it was obvious how much I like you.” He smiled, looking greatly relieved by your equivalent confession.

“Does that mean you’d like to be my girlfriend? I mean, I can’t tell you it won’t be stressful but…I really think you’re worth it. And if you feel the same way…” He laid his hand on top of the table, palm faced up to accept yours.

“Of course I would,” you said, letting your hand slip comfortably into his. You smiled at him, your eyes reflecting the laughter in your voice. “Why were you so shy?” He laughed, shaking his head with a touch of embarrassment.

“I don’t know. You make me weird I guess.” Laughing, you leaned your head comfortably on his shoulder.

“I like weird.” He made a strange expression and wrapped an arm around your waist, his free hand reached across himself to smooth the hair from your face. You closed your eyes, smiling with light laughter in your throat. His honesty was truthful; a relationship with him would be stressful. Thankfully, he was well worth the effort.