When He's Having Problems and Breaks Down In Front of You

Optional Bias Scenarios

A/N: If you feel like you've read this before, you have. I deleted my old AFF account so I could re-upload these in a neater way. I promise you won't be reading repeats once I catch up to where I was! 

The sound of quiet knocking at the door startled you before you remembered he was coming to visit today. You smoothed down the crinkled fabric of your shirt and dashed to the front door, opening it and letting him step into the hallway. You hugged him, confused by his weak embrace in response. Assuming he was merely tired, you lead him to the kitchen and began to open the cupboards aimlessly.

“Do you want something to eat? Noodles maybe?” He shrugged and mumbled an incoherent response. You stared at him a moment before sitting down next to him on the sofa. “Oh…okay.” A few moments of uncomfortable silence passed before you opened your mouth once again. “Are you alright? Did something happen?” To your surprise, he lowered his head into his hands and took a deep, shuddering breath.

You leaned slightly towards his face and put a hand on his chin, the same way he did when you were upset. As you lifted his face and turned it to meet yours, you were somewhat taken aback by the tears spilling gently from his normally dry eyes. You weren’t sure what to say or do, but reached out and carefully wiped his wet cheeks. You pulled him closer to you, laying his head in your lap and carefully brushing through his hair with your fingers.

“You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to,” you whispered, sweetly leaning down to softly kiss his head. Rubbing his back, you waited for him to stop crying and sit up. He looked at you with a sad and sheepish smile.

“I’m sorry,” he said, wiping his eyes. “I really didn’t want you to see me like this.” You smiled sympathetically.

“Don’t apologize. You’re always here for me; the least I can do is be here for you.” He held you tightly to his chest, resting his face in your hair and sighing with sadness. Wordlessly, he conveyed his stress and worries, letting your embrace comfort him.

“Thank you,” he whispered.