Childish

Optional Bias Scenarios

You glared childishly in his direction

“Why do you always do that?”

“Do what?”

“Look at me like that when I’m eating!” He laughed, his hair shaking into his eyes with the rise and fall of his shoulders.

“It’s because you’re cute.” You pulled your face into a decidedly un-cute expression.

“Oh really? Am I cute now?” Your eyes widened and you stuck out your tongue with the excitement of a juvenile.

“Yes.” Trying a different approach, you stared at him with an unwavering deadpan look on your face.

“Now?” Your boyfriend nodded, and leaned across the table to clap his hands in front of you. Startled, you fell backwards, your head bumping lightly against the wall. You stared at him darkly, daring him to free the laughter that was obviously behind stifled behind his hand.

“Don’t even think about it.” A small giggle escaped his lips, letting forth a relentless bout of teasing laughs. You tossed your napkin in his face.

“Such a child!” The playful argument quickly escalated until you were practically wrestling across the dinner table. A waitress walked up, disapproval in her demeanor.

“Can you children keep it down in here?” You both muttered apologies, still staring at each other out the corner of your eyes. He tried to withhold an amused snort, which initiated peals of laughter from you.

“Way to go. You got us kicked out!” The annoyance in your voice was betrayed by the smile remaining on your face.

“I did? You’re the one who laughed right in front of the waitress!” You sighed, and your boyfriend reached forward to sling an arm around your shoulder.

“That’s the third time this month, isn’t it?” You nodded in agreement.

“Maybe we shouldn’t eat out anymore…” He laughed for the umpteenth time, leading you happily to the car.

“Great! More time alone.” He wiggled his eyebrows flirtatiously as you both climbed into his car, warranting a loud groan from you.

“Not what I meant.”

“I’m pretty sure it is.” With that, he started the car and drove back towards your apartment. You considered arguing, but shrugged the idea away. He was, after all, absolutely right.