Afternoon Snow

Optional Bias Scenarios

A/N: It’s finals week at my uni and I like to give myself ten minute writing breaks for every few hours of studying, so you’re all in luck ahah~! Also it’s snowing right now c:

Pressing your nose to the window that looked out over the city street, you watched as small snowflakes fell from the heavy clouds overhead. Several stories in the air, you watched as the flakes wandered slowly from high above your head and drifted leisurely down to the sidewalk below.

Your boyfriend’s voice rang in your ears from behind, finishing up recording for the day. You’d promised to meet with him when he finished so the two of you could get lunch together, though you knew his recording session would run over as it usually did.

“It’s really coming down now, isn’t it?” one of his group members asked, joining you next to the window. It was beginning to snow faster, and you smiled eagerly when it was sticking to the road. “It better snow a lot,” he complained. “I want a day off.” You poked him playfully in the arm.

“We live in the city! Even if the roads close they’ll probably make you walk.” He laughed, his sigh casting a thin fog over the windowpane.

“Not if it snows up to our window,” he mused.

“That’s impossible!”

“A guy can dream, right?” You laughed, tracing shapes on the glass with the vapor of your own breath. The two of you played a game of tic-tac-toe until your boyfriend walked out of the recording room, placing his hands on your shoulders.

“You ready to go?” he asked, glancing outside at the snow-dusted city. “What do you want to eat?” Shrugging, you stood up to follow him to the elevator.

“I don’t really care. You pick!” He rolled his eyes, mumbling about your indecisiveness.

“We could just go across the street again…”

“Sure!” You laughed at his frustration. “I’m just glad we get to have lunch together, it’s not really important where that actually happens.” He grinned, walking into the elevator with his hand still on your shoulder.

“That’s true,” he agreed. “Let’s just get sandwiches across the street then.”

When you reached the main doors of the building, a gust of cold air greeted you sharply. Pulling your scarf over your nose and mouth, you ran outside to stand in the snow. Your boyfriend followed suit, snowflakes already catching in his hair and eyelashes.

Without your gloves the flakes melted the moment they touched your skin, making it difficult for you to look at them as you wanted. Laughing, your boyfriend reached out his gloved hand, catching a few in his mittens and holding his hand in front of your face.

“They’re so pretty,” you admired, melting the snowflakes by grabbing his hand. You crossed the street together quickly, artfully avoiding the busy traffic.

“If it keeps up like this they might cancel the show tomorrow,” he supposed. “The roads will be too frozen for staff out of the city to drive here.” You hadn’t thought of that possibility.

“I hope so! I want to make a snowman.”

The warm air inside the sandwich bakery was a combination of fresh bread and bright notes of brewed coffee. You sat together at a table near the window, slinging coats and scarves over the back of your chairs.

The snow didn’t cease as the two of you finished your lunch, and you walked outside in the flurries hand in hand. Your boyfriend was nice enough to stop at a market on the way to your apartment, buying a couple of carrots in case you had the chance to make a snowman the next day.

Warm in your heavy coat, you wrapped your arm tightly around his. Even with cheeks freezing, nose running, feet slipping on the slick pavement, and a bag of carrots between the two of you poking into your side, this was happiness. Pure, uninhibited, happiness.