When He Rests His Head In Your Lap

Optional Bias Scenarios

A/N: Sorry this is short and not so good. I hope you like it okay, though ^^

“Bad day?” you asked sympathetically as your boyfriend wandered drowsily into your apartment. He was nearly unrecognizable beneath a shroud of tired skin and dark eye bags. He mumbled an incoherent response into his knees as he bent to take off his shoes. Realizing you couldn’t understand him, he stood and spoke again.

“Awful. It wasn’t even like one specific bad thing happened. Just busy and suffocating and awful.”

“I’m sorry,” you commiserated, considerately choosing to leave the complaints about your own afternoon for another time. “At least you have tonight off.” He sighed, sitting next to you on the floor of your living room where you had been wandering the internet with your laptop.

“I feel bad though. I’m not going to be very interesting today.” Shutting your laptop with the palm of your hand, you spun around to give him a comforting smile.

“You don’t have to do anything to be more interesting than the computer,” you mused. He grinned sleepily, the dark circles beneath his eyes giving him a ghostly hollowness. “You’re so tired!” Reaching forward to massage his temples with your fingers, you frowned at his exhaustion. “You should sleep!” He shook his head resolutely.

“No! I don’t get to see you very often, no way am I sleeping!” Crouching down to lay on the floor, he rested his head comfortably in your lap. “I’ll just rest here,” he decided. You poked him gently in the cheek. His laughter was soft and gentle, weakened by the stress of his day. Your fingers combed softly through his hair, his eyelids growing heavy.

“Are you asleep?” you mumbled after a few minutes. He shook his head, cheek burrowing into the material of your jeans. The silence was relaxing, his expression one of content and ease. Even as your legs fell asleep beneath the weight of his head, you let him rest as he quickly drifted away into dreams.