Composing

Optional Bias Scenarios

 

You were sitting across from him in the living room of his dorm, bored out of your mind. He’d promised to spend time with you today after he finished composing his song, but it was taking far longer than either of you had predicted. Every few moments he would let out a frustrated sigh, which you would respond to with one that attempted to convey your boredom. Growing tired of this mindless back and forth, you stood up and walked over to where he sat on the couch, laying yourself down with your head on his lap.

He smiled and rested his hand on your head. Sorry for ignoring you,” he said, an apologetic smile on his lips. “It’s okay,” you replied, yawning out of boredom. As he your hair with his hand, you felt your eyes slowly beginning to close, falling into a deep sleep.

He smiled at your sleeping face, continuing to brush the hair from your face. Suddenly inspired, he lifted up his pencil and fervently began to write on his paper.

In the middle of your dream, you heard a soft melody echoing through the cloud-spotted sky. Your eyelids fluttered open, and you were greeted by the pleasant sight of your boyfriend’s smiling face, singing the song he must have completed.

Somebody was tired, he teased in a singsong voice. You pouted and stood up. Your boyfriend attempted to stand up as well, but fell back onto the couch as his legs gave out underneath him. “Oh my god I’m sorry! I made your legs fall asleep didn’t I?” You patted his legs and apologized. “Why didn’t you move me off if it was hurting?”

“You looked so cute and I didn’t want to wake you up.” He reached out and ruffled your hair, fully aware of how much that annoys you.

“Hey!” you yelled, “Do you wanna die?” You playfully attacked him on the couch with a pillow, laughing and squealing as he tickled your sides. Despite your honest efforts to defeat him, he had you pinned.

“You don’t like that?” he said, an evil smirk on his face. He raised his hand above your head, as if he were going to mess your hair again.

You tried to squirm out of his grasp. “Don’t you dare!” He chuckled and lowered his hand gently down on your head. Slowly, he brushed his hand back over your hair and pulled you in for a slow kiss. You lifted your arms around his neck and kissed him again, pleased that your boredom was finally eradicated.