When You're In a Car Accident and He Worries for You

Optional Bias Scenarios

A/N: My writing still isn’t quite where I want it to be, but I figure it will take a few more days before I’m really back in the swing of things. Thanks for your patience everyone~!!! ^^

“Will that be all, miss?” You nodded patiently to the cashier, handing over your debit card. You were at a store near your apartment, picking up containers of chicken for your boyfriend and his group members to eat for lunch. They were busy filming a new music video in a warehouse on the outskirts of the city, and based on the influx of text messages you’d been receiving from the boys, they were starving! 

Balancing the boxes precariously on one knee, you pressed the unlock button on your keys and opened the car door. It was a challenge to organize the boxes in a way that was structurally sound. Needless to say, your passenger seat wasn’t made with the intention of holding that many little boxes. 


 

          YOU >I’ll be there soon! 

You texted him before putting your phone back into your purse and started the fifteen minute drive to the filming location. 

You’d barely made it halfway there when out of the peripherals of your vision you could see a large car come flying towards you, running the red light. You slammed your foot on the brakes, but couldn’t avoid impact as the other car crashed into the right side of your car. It spun violently, careening into a lamppost to the left of the intersection.

A second of total silence passed before you could process what had happened. 

Your face and arms stung from the airbag, your back and neck already aching from whiplash. Beads of tempered windshield glittered on your lap and the street outside. Through the tears beginning to for in your eyes, you assessed the scene. You would probably be okay, but your car certainly would not. And the chicken? Oh god, you thought. Drum sticks and chicken wings lay all over the inside of your car, your lap, and all over the street. 

Hurriedly, you tried to unbuckle your seat belt and open the door, but it was stuck firmly shut. The left side of your car was smashed up against the streetlamp, cradling you unharmed but trapped beneath the layer of steel. Meanwhile, the other driver stumbled out into the street, obviously shaken up as well. 

It wasn’t long before the emergency services arrived to help. They were able to pull your car away from the lamp and help you out of the wreck. Between answering questions for the police, being assessed by a medic, and filling out paperwork for insurance, you had just a moment to let your boyfriend know. 

           YOU> hey I’m okay but I was in a car accident

You didn’t have a chance to wait for his reply before you were whisked away again to be checked by another medic. Eventually, however, you were cleared to go home, as all of your injuries were minor. They’d offered you a ride in the ambulance for a more thorough examination, but you’d decided you’d rather go to your regular doctor in the morning. After all, you’d already have to worry about paying for a new car. You didn’t need an ambulance fee on top of that. 

You hailed a cab, making your way to the warehouse in which the boys were filming. Your boyfriend and his group members were filming a take, but quickly stopped when your boyfriend noticed you walking in. 

“Holy , are you okay? Why didn’t you reply to my messages?!” 

“I’m sorry, I totally forgot. I guess my brain is still a little fuzzy from the whole thing,” you apologized. “I promise I’m alright, though.” You turned to address his group members “I’m really sorry about the chicken, guys. It’s all over the street now. They laughed, a few of them reaching to give you a friendly pat on the head. 

“It’s okay,” one assured you. “We’re just glad you’re alright.” While the boys enjoyed the rest of their short break, you and your boyfriend spent some time talking in a side room. 

“I was really worried about you,” he said, his hand running through your messy hair. “I just want you to be safe.” You leaned into his chest, closing your eyes. 

“I know. The car looks bad but it really wasn’t that big of a deal. Neither of us was going very fast.” He frowned, one hand on your back and the other in your hair. 

“Just remember, I need you in one piece,” he said, half-jokingly. “I don’t know what I’d do if I ever lost you.” You lifted your head to face him, giving him a quick kiss. 

“Don’t worry,” you said with a smile. “I’m not going anywhere.” 

That was a promise you’d never forget to keep.