When He Comes Home to You Lying Unconscious

Optional Bias Scenarios

A/N: As requested myminemind c: Sorry if this is a bit sloppily put together D: It’s a bit rushed as I have to get up early tomorrow. I do apologize for any spelling errors. For some reason my spell check on MS Word has decided to stop working x_x

You let your keys clatter loudly to the floor, dropping your bag heavily next to them. Your head was spinning, a dizzy blizzard of tumbled vision and blurring sensations. Work had lasted only a few hours before you felt too ill to continue, and had allowed a friend to drive you back home safely.

You had texted your boyfriend while in the car, letting him know you would be returning home early with a bit of a cold. He had yet to reply, but you assumed he was busy and would get the message before your former plans to meet for lunch.

The thermometer you had placed under your tongue beeped softly, and you squinted to read the number displayed on its tiny screen. The number was high, but not dangerously so. You reached on your toes to the cupboard, shuffling bottles around in search of the proper medicine. The straining activity gave you a heavy headrush, sending fuzzy black dots to prick at your vision. You tripped, falling backwards and landing with a painful thump to the hardwood floor. The black dots grew larger, engulfing your consciousness.

Your boyfriend walked in the door a few minutes later, carrying a couple of bags he picked up at the grocery store. His day was to be fairly empty, giving him the chance to take care of you for a few hours before needing to return back to the company building.

He wandered to the kitchen counter, intending to set down his bags before looking for you in the bedroom. When he saw your hand peeking out into the hall, his heart surged with fear and terror.

“Oh my god, are you alright?” For the briefest moment he thought the worst, before reaching out his hand to check your pulse. A sigh of relief escaped his lungs at the feel of your slowed pulse. Gingerly he lifted you up, carrying you gently to the couch across the room.

You stirred, mumbling slightly and trying to open your eyes.

“It’s okay,” he assured. “You’re going to be alright.” You were confused, too stunned from your fall to respond. He searched frantically for the phone, immediately calling for medical assistance.

“No, it’s okay,” you stuttered, worried tears pricking at your eyes. Your hands shook violently, and you felt cold chills running down the back of your neck. He knelt at your side, placing his free hand comfortingly in your hair as he talked with the person on the other line.

As you waited for help to arrive, he held to your hands tightly and promised that everything would be alright. Your eyes were tired and unfocused, a round lump forming prominently on the back of your head.

When the paramedics walked in the door, you had already begun to feel a little better. Together you and your boyfriend tried to explain the situation to them, his hand never leaving yours as they checked your blood pressure and breathing, everyone in the room determined to keep you calm despite the commotion.

Soon after they helped you on your feet to the ambulance, recommending a hospital visit after suggesting that your fall had caused you a minor concussion.

“You really worried me,” he muttered, giving a reassuring smile. “I’m glad you’re alright.” You leaned against his chest, closing your eyes tightly. Carefully he held you in his arms, by your side for the entire way.