When You Have Your First Kiss

Optional Bias Scenarios

You sat in front of the small screen streaming the action from the stage, crossing your fingers and sitting on the edge of your seat. You knew how badly he and s wanted this award. They had all been working so hard lately, and winning this award would mean that effort had completely paid off. Given the positive reception of their latest track, you were fairly certain they would win, but the anticipation gripped you nonetheless. You and your boyfriend had only been together a short while, but already you felt uncontainable excitement when something good happened for the other person. The both of you shared a special connection, you attending many of his group activities to cheer him on, and him coming to everything of yours that he could.

Finally, the emcee announced the winning group to the audience. It was his. They had done it. Everyone around you cheered, and you could feel the tiniest of tears form in your eyes. You couldn’t express how proud you were of him and his entire group. Looking back at the screen, you saw the boys on stage accepting their award. You weren’t sure if you could see it clearly, but it almost looked as though your boyfriend was crying as he hugged his fellow members.

When the boys returned backstage, they were swallowed in a sea of hugs and congratulations. You could see your boyfriend’s excited face standing out amongst them, scanning the room as he looked for you. The two of you found each other and your brain quickly began to over-analyze the situation.  How should you congratulate him? You could give him a hug? Would that be okay? Those smooth lips stood out to you, but you weren’t sure. Would he be okay with that yet?

Your thoughts were interrupted by his arms closing around you, and you snapped back into the present.

“You did it!” you said, a smile on your face. He grinned brighter. Cautiously, he leaned closely, allowing his lips to brush against yours. You moved closer, closing the space between. The kiss lasted only a few seconds, but you could tell by the look on one of ’s faces that it had not gone unnoticed. Your boyfriend hugged you tighter.

“Thanks for being here for me. It means a lot that you came.” You smiled in response.

“I always will.”