When You Drink Too Much and He Has to Bring You Home

Optional Bias Scenarios

If you would like to read this with Tao of Exo, follow this link.

“Come on, one more!” your friend encouraged, filling the shot glass in your hand.

“This is a terrible idea,” you complained. The party with your friends was fun enough, but you were not yet inebriated enough to forget you had work tomorrow. There was going to be a staff meeting, and the last thing you wanted was a nasty hangover.

Work. The idea was enough to tilt your head back automatically, letting the drink burn its way down the back of your throat.

The evening of shenanigans was marked with a slow dizziness revolving in your head. You reached for the two phones sitting in front of you on the coffee table, your friends laughing when your fingers missed the table completely. Finally your fingers met the table, and through a surge of poor judgment dialed his number.

“Hey?” he asked, voice muffled by the sound of laughter in your friend’s living room. You giggled into the receiver, forgetting what you had called to say. He sighed at the sound of your piercing laughter, seemingly unamused by the antics. “Are you at Soyoung’s house again?” He knew your friends well, and had followed you to a couple of these get-togethers in the past. Laughing you hung up the phone, joining your friends in shrieking over Soyoung’s disastrous attempt at pouring herself another drink.

About half an hour later the doorbell rang, Soyoung standing up to answer it. You followed her to the door, bumping into each other and the walls like the floor was anything but flat.

You were surprised to see your boyfriend standing in the doorway when she flung it open, smirking oddly.

“Had a bit to drink, haven’t you?” he asked, walking through the threshold. Drunk as she was, Soyoung held up an empty glass.

“Want something?” she asked him, wavering as she stood. He laughed, shaking his head.

“No, thanks. Maybe you should sit?” Looking concerned, he led her back into the living room, his other hand on your shoulder. Your other friends greeted him loudly, still laughing. He leaned over to speak quietly in your ear. “What do you think you’re doing? Don’t you have to work tomorrow.” Rolling your eyes, you tried to pat his cheek. More than anything your hand smacked gently at his nose and eyes, and he drew away in irritation. “Stop that!” You laughed, tipping over with your head in his lap.

“Loosen up,” you giggled, poking him in the side. He squirmed beneath your touch, cracking a soft smile.

“Alright, but don’t you think we should go soon?” he reminded. “Look how late it is.” You looked across the room at the clock, but couldn’t distinguish the numbers between the spinning and distraction. Your friends were beginning to ready themselves for sleep, most of them choosing to stay at Soyoung’s house for the night.

“Come on,” your boyfriend complained when you began to follow a friend to the couch. “We’re going home.” He tugged your sleeve, letting you stumble into his arms. “My god, can’t you even walk?” Still giggling, you grabbed his forearms to steady yourself.

“Of course I can.” Stumbling, you followed him out of the apartment. You tripped over the doorway, sending you both stumbling to the grass outside. 

“No. You’ve lost walking privileges,” he laughed, crouching down to lift you onto his back. You tightened your arms around his neck willingly, resting your cheek against his shoulder.

“I’m tired,” you mumbled into the softness of his shirt. You could feel the vibration of his chuckle through his muscles.

“Of course you are.” Your apartment was nearby, and you almost drifted to sleep during the elevator ride to your floor. He thought you’d fallen asleep while walking inside, moving to lay you on your bed.

“I’m not tired anymore,” you decided, sitting dizzily on the mattress yourself. “I rested on the way here!” He looked exhausted, falling forward with his face in the bed’s comforter.

“But  I’m tired! It’s one-thirty!” He looked desperately upset. You laughed, climbing over his back and leaving a kiss on his cheek. “Don’t be a baby!” He rolled over, resting his hands on your hips and giving a small smile.

“Please, do us both a favor and go to sleep, okay? You’re going to have an awful hangover anyway, don’t make it worse by not sleeping.” He sat himself up to give you a kiss. “Please?” Even in your drunken state, you couldn’t say no to his exhausted pleading.

“Fine. But tomorrow night…” you mumbled. “Tomorrow night we’re staying up late.”

“All night if you want.” It was a struggle to settle down for bed, but you lay still as he traced shapes with his fingertips on the back of your shoulder. After what felt like forever, you finally fell asleep.