When You Go On a Date At the Park

Optional Bias Scenarios

 

The array of colors hanging before you was almost dizzying. You knew your boyfriend didn’t care about what you were wearing, but you struggled to decide nonetheless. Sighing, you the hem of a navy blue dress, but decided it was too upscale. Another you considered felt too casual, and several other viable options simply offered no connection. Eventually, you selected an outfit you knew he loved, and finished getting ready just as he knocked on your front door. Struggling to tie your shoes while hopping to open the door, you greeted him happily. He smiled, the chocolaty color of his eyes accentuated by the color of his shirt.

“You look adorable. Ready to go? Nodding, you followed him out the lobby of your apartment complex. As soon as you reached the car, he turned around with a grin. “You know that park you love…?” Before he even had a chance to finish, you attacked him with a crushing embrace. Right away you knew the park he was referring to; it was one of your favorite places to go. Unfortunately, you rarely went together, his busy schedule preventing him from taking you at any time when fans would be at school.

The sunshine was bright and inviting, and you felt yourself grow more animated and excited beneath the warm rays. Hand in hand you walked down the path together, with you pointing and marveling at the trees spotted with pink blossoms and the colorful array of flowers. You chatted and enjoyed the company of each other, taking advantage of the beautiful day.

A dog came running up to you, wagging his tail rapidly. Your boyfriend crouched down, ruffling the puppy’s ears with his hand and grabbing the leash. You laughed at his cuteness, watching him talk happily to the dog as he petted it. The dog’s owner ran towards you, thanking your boyfriend for catching the runaway animal, and everyone laughed. Playfully, you ruffled your boyfriend’s hair like that of a puppy.

“Yah! Stop it!” he hollered, laughing and trying to grab your wrists. He reached out, tickling your waist. Shouting in surprise, you ran away from him before being distracted by a large swing set. In a sudden, sweeping motion, he grabbed you and sat you upon the swing, grinning widely. You kicked your legs excitedly as he pushed you higher and higher. When the swing was high enough, you jumped forward, sailing through the air and landing deftly on your feet. Your boyfriend was startled by your sudden dismount, and leaping forward towards you, caught your waist in what became a forceful hug. The two of you fell to the ground, laughing loudly and brushing the bark from your clothes. Flicking him on the head gently, you smiled at him.

“Babo.” Grinning sheepishly, he grabbed your hand and pulled you toward the lake, with you tripping over your feet. He jumped around like a young child, lifting small stones and skipping them across the lake. You tried to do the same, your rock smacking the water with a single, loud plop. Your boyfriend laughed, wrapping your fingers around a perfectly round rock. He positioned himself behind you, pulling your arm back with his to send it sailing. You grinned happily as the rock skipped one, two, and three times before disappearing in the water several meters away. Together you sat down by the water, once again appreciating the beautiful scenery about you. He smiled at the sight of your excitement, and kissed your cheek gently. Turning happily, you kissed him back as you laughed, grinning upon his lips. Your boyfriend pulled your face close to his, bringing his lips to yours just as you planned to pull away. The moment deepened, and you no longer noticed the clear sky about you, the sparkling water, or the rustling trees. The only thing you could see was your boyfriend, his striking face as close to yours as possible. A few passionate moments passed before you heard someone coughing, the silence harshly broken by the voice of a small child.

“Mommy look!” You and your boyfriend jumped apart, blushing profusely at the sight of a young boy and his disapproving mother. Turning to face each other, you try to stifle the laughter. Slightly embarrassed, you two walked awkwardly back to his car. Once you sat down, the laughs you withheld exploded forward, both of you brought to tears by the sounds of the other person’s amusement. It didn’t take long for your attention to turn to each other once again, taking advantage of the hours together that remained.   

When it came time to go home, your boyfriend walked you politely to the door of your apartment. Both of you knew he couldn’t stay, but that didn’t stop him from stalling for as long as he could. Before leaving, he held your hand tightly in his.

“I love you so much,” he said, smiling with a shyness you normally didn’t see in him.

“I love you too.” You pulled him closely once more, standing high on your toes to kiss his lips.