Look-For-A-Ring

Teaching the Cold-Hearted Luhan to fall in Love [Editing Process]

 

 

---

“Sooyoung…”

“Luhan…”

The both of you called at the same time.

The both of you stared at each other.

The both of you met eyes.

Silence suddenly filled the atmosphere around the both of you.

“You go first..” you said, breaking the silence. There was a bit long pause before Luhan finally spoke.

He cleared his throat, “First of all, I’m sorry. I didn’t meant to do that. I was just being paranoid that time. I thought my mom did something bad to you. I just don’t want you to get hurt because of me. I can’t bare to see that. I promise, I will never do such things like that anymore. I’m so sorry, I really am. Can you forgive me?”

For some reason, your heartbeat skipped a bit. Hearing those words from him, it was like he’s saying ‘I want to protect you’. Those words were sincere that you’ve couldn’t figure out what makes him to say that. His apology is making you confuse even more.

“Sooyoung-ah, can you forgive me?” Luhan repeated, making you back into reality. *Can I really forgive him? But he did nothing to me, didn’t he?* you thought.

“Luhan,” you started. Luhan gazed at you straight in the eyes, patiently waiting for you to continue. “I don’t think I can forgive you.” you said.

Luhan’s face fell. “First of all, you did nothing to me so you don’t need to apologize to me.” you trailed off. He stared at you, totally confused.

But then you continued, “Luhan, I’m not the right person that you need to apologize to. Your mom, she’s the one you need to ask for your apology. She’s the one you had curse and not me.”

“So.. If I did nothing to you, why are you ignoring me then?” he asked. That question actually made you stunned. It was unexpected question.

You looked away, “B-Because I don’t like what you just did to your mom last night.” you said. “So, you’re not going to ignore me right?” he asked.

You turned to him again only to see his bright face. You could see that he was lightened up now. You frowned then shook your head, “No, you’re wrong.” you said and rolled your eyes.

“Eh? But you said I did nothing to you. You should stop ignoring me now.” he pouted. You raised an eyebrow, *Did I just saw him pouted? Aigoo! So cute..* you quickly shook that thought away and cleared your throat.

“You should apologize to your mom first. You should meet her and have a talk. I don’t want her to think that I’m bad because of what you did.” you said. Luhan went serious, “Are you saying that I need to go back to our place and apologize?”

“Exactly.” you replied. He raised an eyebrow, “Are you sure?” he then shrugged, “I don’t think mom take my words seriously.” he muttered.

You frowned, “What do you mean?” you asked in confusion. “I think mom didn’t even focus on what I’ve said last night. Believe me, she doesn’t.” he said.

You rolled your eyes, “Whatever! You’re still the cold-hearted Luhan I know after all.” you mumbled. “What did you say?” you heard him asked.

You didn’t reply and just continued on ignoring him. *Aish! She starting to ignore me again..* Luhan opened his mouth to say something but the announcer interrupted him.

“Everyone, please gather here again.”

After you heard it, you started walking near at the announcer so you could clearly hear her. Still ignoring Luhan. With a pout, Luhan followed.

“So.. the first activity is ‘Look-for-a-Ring’ challenge.” the announcer announced. “LOOK-FOR-A-RING?!” everyone gasped.

“We prepared maps for all of you. We’ll give one for each partner. All you need to do is to find a one simple ring. It shows at the screen. Please take a look.” the announcer gestured.

All of you followed her point and saw a very simple gold ring at the screen.

“There are lots of ring in different places so all of you must go back here with at least one ring. Don’t worry, the maps will help you guys. Just follow what the map says. If any pair went back here without any ring, the pair need to take the punishment, araseo?”

“DAE!” all of you replied in unison.

“Okay. The activity is now starting!!”

---

“Where do you want to start?” Luhan approached you. “Don’t ask me. Just look at the map.” you bluntly replied. He made a face, “Psh! I was just seriously asking here.” he muttered. “My answer was serious too.” you muttered back.

“Yah, we’re partners here. Will you please stop make an argument with me and start performing the first activity instead?” he snapped.

“That’s what I’m doing right now. Let me see the map.” you said as you pulled out your hand. Luhan placed the map on it.

You scanned the map for a moment. “Let’s go here.” you said while pointing at the red point on the map where one if the rings located. Luhan followed your gesture and nodded. “Okay. I know that place. Come on.” he said as he started walking.

Since tour not familiar in China, you let him lead the way and you just followed.

As the both of you were walking, Luhan suddenly spoke. “Are you sure you wanted to go on that place?” he asked.

You nodded. “That place was a bit far from here.” he muttered. You turned to him, “Mwo? What did you said it just now? We’re almost walking about an hour already!” you hissed.

Luhan shrugged, “You didn’t ask me.” You rolled your eyes, “Whatever! So, how many hours will it take if we continue to walk?” you asked.

“Depends.” you heard him said. “Depends on what?” you asked, a bit annoyed. “Depends on our speed of walking.” he said. You raised an eyebrow, “Just tell me how many hours will it take?” you asked, irritated.

“3 hours?” he replied with a questioning tone. Your eyes widen, “Mwo?! Why didn’t you tell me earlier?!” you hissed.

Luhan shrugged again, “You didn’t ask me.” he said that words again. “Come on, let’s take a bus to go there.” you said.

“I don’t have my wallet on me today.” he snapped. “Mwo? Let’s just use mine then.” you said.

Luhan held a hand, “Korean money isn’t working here, remember?” he reminded. “Ohhh.. I forgot!” you gasped. “I bet the other students having problems with money too.” he said.

“Let’s change the place then. Let’s go to the near place instead.” you said. Luhan shook his head, “No, we can’t. I bet everyone were going there also because of money problems. Since we’re already here. Let’s just go on that place you chose.” he snapped.

*He’s right.*

You nodded, “Okay. I guess I don’t have a choice.” you said. “Okay. Let’s go.”

You nodded once again and with that, the both of you continued walking again.

---

“Ow, ow!” you winced. Luhan looked at you worriedly, “What happen?” he asked. “Can we stop on walking first? My feet were aching.” you explained.

“It’s okay with me but are you okay if we lose this first activity?” he asked with concern.

*If we lose? But I don’t want to get any punishment..* you shook your head, “I don’t want to lose. Let us continue.” you stood up again but, “Ow!” you winced again and was about to lost your balance.

Luckily, Luhan caught you in time. “Let’s go there.” he gestured the near bench. “Sit here first. I’ll go by myself to look for the ring. Just wait for me here, araseo?” he said.

“Eh? You’re going alone?” you asked. He nodded, “I can take care of myself. It was easy for me since I’m already used to this place. Just wait for me here and I’ll be right back.” he said.

You pointed a finger to him, “You! Make sure that you have the ring with you when you come back, araseo?” you said. Luhan chuckled and nodded, “I will but make sure to wait for me.” he said. You rolled your eyes, “I’ll wait.” you said. Luhan smiled then walked away.

---

Luhan continued searching for the ring and since you’re nit around him, he started to run for it. Since he was used to this place, he quickly found the ring that fast.

He smiled, “Gotcha!” he was about to go back when he suddenly heard someone scream. A scream of a girl.

Help!!!!” the girl screamed. Luhan turned to the place where the voice came from. He saw the girl screaming ‘help’ and looking at the man who is running away from him.

Luhan ignored it and started to walk back to you. “Help me! The thief stole my bag!!!” the girl screamed once again that made Luhan stopped.

He closed his eyes, *Aish! Sooyoung, just wait for me a little while.* with that, Luhan placed the ring on his finger then turned around and started running after the thief.

Hold up!” he shouted at the thief. The thief ignored him and just continued running. Luhan run as fast as he could until he catch up the thief. “Give me that bag!” he hissed.

The man smirked, “Sorry but I got it first. Go and find one for yourself.” he said as he shove Luhan’s arm off of him and continued running again but Luhan caught his arm that made the man looked back at him.

Yah, what’s your problem? Just leave this bag to me! It’s not yours anyways.” the man said. “Yeah. That bag is not mine but it isn’t yours either. Give it back to the owner now.” Luhan hissed.

“Who are you to order me?!” the man asked angrily. “No one.” Luhan simply replied. “Just mind your own business then kid!” the man was about to runaway again but Luhan geld him back.

If my words were hard to understand, then my fist will make you understand it.” the man was about to punch Luhan but luckily, Luhan grabbed it immediately that made him stopped on doing so. Instead, Luhan punched him, HARD. Then the man fall on the ground.

I think you’re the one who can’t understand.” Luhan said as he bent down to get the bag on the man but the man held it tightly. “Still don’t understand?” Luhan punched him once more and finally got the bag from the thief.

Do you still want me to punch you huh?” Luhan threatened. The thief shook his head and quickly runaway. Luhan smirked then sigh.

He turned around and walked towards the girl. “Here’s your bag.” Luhan handed the bag to her. The girl took it and bowed, “Xie xie.

No problem. Be careful next time.” with that said, Luhan started to walk. “Wait!” the girl said that made Luhan looked back at her.

You saved my bag and as for return, I want to treat you.” she said. “I’m sorry but someone is waiting for me.” with that said, Luhan completely disappeared from the sight.

The girl watched him walked away with admiration.

---

“Aish! Where is he? What take him so long?” you mumbled while waiting for Luhan. Suddenly, you saw a figure running towards your direction. It was Luhan.

“What take you so long? It almost late, you know that?!” you hissed. “Sorry but I saw a girl got troubled so I helped her.” he said between panting. You rolled your eyes, “As if I believe you for that. You hate girls so that was impossible.” you muttered.

Luhan frowned, “But that’s true.” he said. “Whatever! Where’s the ring?” you asked. He held a hand up, “Here.”

You saw the ring in one of his finger. You smiled, “Good. Let’s go back.” you said as you stood up, “Ow!” your feet was still a bit in pain.

Luhan grabbed your arm, “Get on.” he said while gesturing his back. “Eh?!” you gasped. Instead of giving you a reply, he pulled you to him that made you hopped on his back.

The next thing you know, Luhan was already giving you a piggy back ride on the way back to the dorms. You couldn’t help but smiled.

*He’s now starting to warm..*