Hypersensitivity

Teaching the Cold-Hearted Luhan to fall in Love [Editing Process]

   

   

---

It was almost midnight. Luhan was still awake, sitting at his bed. He was currently at his deep thoughts. He was wondering about the assignment you left for him.

He suddenly groaned as he ran his hands up to his hair, “Ahhh! I’m going insane!!”

“Shut up! I’m sleeping right here!” a voice suddenly snapped. It was Kris. He was already lying on his bed, trying to sleep but Luhan interrupted him.

Luhan ignored him as he rolled his eyes. He heaved a sigh and went back to think about his ‘love’ assignment. He reminisced the conversation that both of you had earlier.

:: flashback ::

You clapped your hands together, “I have an idea!” you beamed. Luhan raised an eyebrow to you.

“I’ll give you an assignment.” you said. “Assignment?!” Luhan gasped. You nodded, “Your first assignment is, you need to show me what you have learned in our session. For example, talk some random things with me that every boys do to the girls. Or be a gentleman.” you said.

:: end of flashback ::

*Talk to her or be gentleman means me, being nice?* there was a pause as Luhan thought about it.

Moments later, a smirk appeared on his face. “Yeah! I know what to do now. She will be shocked for sure~” Luhan said, grinning.

“Shhh!” for the second time, Kris hissed at Luhan once again. Luhan rolled his eyes at his roommate again and finally laid on his bed. Soon enough, he drifted off to sleep.

Meanwhile, you were lying on your bed. Still awake and silently crying. Seohyun, your roommate was already asleep while you kept crying silently.

*Why is it so hard to forget you? I feel empty without you. I thought I had completely forgot you but every time I see that place, my heart crashed into pieces. It hurts,* you sob silently, *..a lot.. Oppa, will you ever come back here and be with me again?*

You keep crying until you fell asleep with a heavy broken heart.

---

Morning came fast. EXO except for Luhan wake up early like usual. Irritated, Kris forcely woke him up. With a groan, Luhan stretched his arms along with his legs that made him accidentally kick Kris.

“Oh! What are you doing there Kris?” Luhan asked innocently, rubbing his eyes as he saw Kris lying on the floor.

Kris gave him a hard look and rolled his eyes, “Whatever! Just get up and be ready for school.” he said and left while rubbing his .

With a short pause, Luhan finally got up from his bed and followed Kris outside the room. Luhan and the other EXO got ready for school. After wearing his uniform, Luhan sprayed himself some perfume around his uniform.

With that, EXO left their dorm.

On the other hand, you woke up little early than usual. You took a bath then wore your uniform. As you stepped out of the room, you found your 3 friends already eating their breakfast. You walked towards them and joined for the food.

You felt their stares focusing on you. You looked up, completely confused. “You should stop thinking about him. Your eyes will be forever red if you continued thinking about that bastard.” Yuri said.

Yoona elbowed her. “What? I was just saying the truth. What kind of boyfriend will leave his girlfriend just to study abroad?” Yuri said in annoyance.

You bit your bottom lip after hearing those words which are true.

“Yuri.. He just did it because of his parents’ will.” Seohyun snapped. Yuri raised an eyebrow, “Exactly! If he really loves Sooyoung, he won’t leave her to study abroad just because his parents told him to. He’s a person who can decide what he wants to do by himself. And he even left without saying any words to Sooyoung. He’s totally a stupid, bastard, whatever!”

You bit your bottom lip and clenched your fist tightly. Before any of them could say a word, you harshly stood up. “Enough! I’m going first..” with that, you grabbed your eye glasses and wore it. You then hopped your bag on your back and left the dorm.

“Aish! Watch your words.” Yoona hissed to Yuri as you disappeared from the sight. “But I’m just worried about her. She needs to realize that her so-called boyfriend will never come back to her.” Yuri, being your straight-to-the-point bestfriend stated.

“We understand you but we need to understand her too. She need more time to completely forget him.” Seohyun said. “It’s been already 2 years since that bastard left.” Yuri said.

“But she loves him so much and it’s hard for her to forget him easily. Lets just give her more time to forget him completely. Do it, not because you need to. Do it as her friend.” Yoona said.

Yuri paused then sighed. “Yeah.. She’s still my friend after all.” she whispered. “Come on. Let’s get going now.” Seohyun said.

With that, the 3 left the dorm.

---

Time goes by fast. The ringing of the bell could be heard. It’s already time for lunch.

You meet up with your friends at the canteen. It was filled with awkward atmosphere between the 4 of you. Until now, you still remember what Yuri had said about your boyfriend or maybe ex-boyfriend now, to you.

Yoona elbowed Yuri, ‘Talk to her now.’ she mouthed. Yuri bit her bottom lip then turned to you, “Umm.. Sooyoung-ah.” she called.

There was a pause before you turned to her. “Mianhae.. I didn’t mean to say that.” Yuri started. You shook your head, “Ani. I think you’re right. If he had really loved me, he wouldn’t have left without a word.” you said.

Yuri shook her head and waved her hands, “Ani. Don’t take my words seriously. Just don’t mind that.” she said. You shook your head again, “I think I need to let go of my past that I was with him, from now on. I need to forget him. Ani, I want to forget him.” you said.

Your 3 friends glanced at each other then looked at you in worry. You looked up and gave them an assuring smile, “Don’t worry. I will forget him soon..” you said and started your food.

With a proud smile, your friends joined you to eat. Suddenly, your phone vibrated. There’s a new text message from Luhan.

to: Sooyoung

Don’t forget our session later. Same room after class.

from: Monster-Jerk

After reading the message, you glanced at EXO table but surprisingly, Luhan was nowhere to be seen. All the members were there except him. You wondered, why.

---

Kriiiiiiiiiing!! Krriiiiing!!

The bell finally rang for the end of the class. As you usually do, you straightly headed towards room 512 to meet up with Luhan. Right after you entered the classroom, a smiling Luhan greeted you. He waved, “Annyeong!”

You frowned as you stepped backward, *What happened to him? Strange..* was all on your mind.

Just then Luhan started walking towards you that made you step backward again. Until then, you realized that Luhan was already hugging you.

You froze right on your spot.  “L-Luhan...” you managed to say. Luhan smirked, “Wae my tutor?” “D-Did you w-wear perfume?” you breathed out.

“Huh?” Luhan was confused. He then slowly released you. There you were, with a pale face. Luhan stared at you in shock.

“I t-told you n-not to wear perfume.. I h-hate them..” with that, your eyes closed and you fainted. Luhan’s eyes widened.

“Yah! Don’t play around. Wake up! Open your eyes!” Luhan started shaking you, believing that you were just acting.

“Look, I was just trying the assignment you gave me yesterday. Come on, open your eyes now..” Luhan kept shaking you, trying to convince you to open your eyes but you didn’t.

“! She really hated perfume. Aigoo!” Luhan hissed as he lifted you up. He gave you piggy back ride on the way to the school’s clinic.

Some of the students, around the way, where Luhan passed by, looked at him in surprise. For the first time, Luhan was caught with a girl. Luckily, no one saw your face since it was buried on Luhan’s shoulder.

Luhan hurriedly entered the clinic. “What happened?” the nurse asked immediately. “She fainted.” Luhan replied.

“Okay. This way. Lay her down here.” the nurse ordered, gesturing towards the bed. Luhan did. “Please take a seat first. I’ll check up on her.” the nurse said. Luhan nodded and took a seat little near to the bed.

Moments later, the nurse called Luhan. “What is the cause of her sudden faint? Is she alright?” he asked. The nurse nodded, “She will wake up after few minutes. The reason of her sudden faint is hypersensitivity.” she said.

“Hypersensitivity?” Luhan asked, confused. The nurse nodded again, “Well.. for others, it’s perfume allergy but I’m pretty sure that it’s hypersensitivity for her, which gives her hard time to breathe every time she smells the scent of perfumes. Especially when it’s really near to her nose. Perfume makes her suffocate easily and will cause her to faint.” she explained.

“So.. Does she need any medicine?” Luhan asked. The nurse chuckled, “No, no need for any medicine. Just keep the perfumes far away from her. Wait until she wakes up. I’ll leave you here with her then.” with that, she left.

Luhan turned to you. Without permission, he took your phone from your pocket and dialed one of your friend’s number. It was Yoona. He told them that you’re at clinic and now, they’re rushing to be there.

Luhan fixed his uniform, trying to ease the scent of his perfume. The strong scent of perfume vanished but there was still some left, only a little though. He then took the seat beside your bed and gazed at you. Your eyes were still closed. *I forgot you told me that you hate perfumes..*

Just then, your eyes slowly opened. Your vision was still blurred but you could see a blurry face in front of you, that was familiar to you. “Oppa..” you managed to whisper.

Luhan stared at you in shock. You blinked your eyes and to your disappointment, it was Luhan. “Oppa?” he suddenly asked, confused.

You looked away, “Mian.. I thought you were someone else..” you said. *The last time I fainted because of perfume, he was here, right next to me..* you sadly reminisced. Before Luhan could speak, your friends rushed inside the clinic.

“Sooyoung-ah!” they called. “Oh.. Yoona, Yuri, Seohyun..” you weakly whispered as you carefully sat up.

“Gwenchana?” Seohyun asked. You weakly smiled and nodded. “The nurse said you fainted because of the scent of perfume again.” Yoona said. “Don’t worry about me.” you assured them as you flushed them a smile.

Yuri shot Luhan a look, “Yah! What have you done to her? Didn't you know that she can’t breathe when she smells the scent of perfume?! Look at her, she looks pale.” she hissed but Luhan only glanced at you and then shrugged.

“Don’t blame him. He didn’t know that I hate perfumes..” you snapped Yuri. She gazed at you, “Sooyoung-ah..” You smiled, “I’m perfectly fine. I appreciate your worry..” you said. Yuri finally nodded with satisfaction.

You then turned to Luhan, “Let’s continue our session tomorrow. I want to rest today.” you said and got off the bed carefully.

Yoona helped you walk as Seohyun helped you with your bag. Yuri spotted your phone on Luhan’s hand. She grabbed it and with one last glare, she walked off following you, Yoona and Seohyun.

Luhan gazed at your back, *She defended me? She told them that I didn’t know about her hating perfumes but we both know that I do..*

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author’s Note

Mysterious Guy Hints: Please take a look at the story feed at the left side. Thanks.

If you don’t have any idea what perfume allergy or hypersensitivity is, please check here <---