Partners

Teaching the Cold-Hearted Luhan to fall in Love [Editing Process]

 

 

 

You stared at your phone after Luhan ended the phone call.  For some reason, his words somewhat hit you.

You frowned, *What is that suppose to be mean?* you asked yourself.

You let out a sigh and shook the thought on your head away. You don’t want to think anymore or you will just end up thinking a bit too far.

You then decided to close your eyes again and soon, you finally fell asleep.

---

Meanwhile, Luhan heaved a sigh while his back pressing at the headboard of his bed.

On the other hand, a smirk was forming on Kris’ face after hearing his friend’s conversation with you on the phone.

All of a sudden, Kris sat up unexpectedly which made Luhan startled. Luhan looked at Kris’ direction in disbelief.

“What? How long are you awake over there?” Luhan quickly asked. Kris raised an eyebrow on him, “What do you think?” he replied him a question.

Luhan paused. “Don’t tell me…” Luhan shook his head, “Ani, you can’t be.”

“I can’t be what?” Kris asked. “Are you talking about your conversation with your so-called ‘bestfriend’ in the phone?” he added.

Luhan gulped as his eyes suddenly closed because of his friend’s statement. *He does heard me..*

Kris smirked, “You can’t take to see Sooyoung mad at you huh? I see..” he teased.

Luhan open his eyes and stared at his roommate. “Of course. Who can take to see your bestfriend mad at you? No one right? Or are you?” he snapped.

Kris rolled his eyes, “Nice excuse Luhan.” he said then lay back on his bed. Luhan was about to say something to him but Kris’ eyes were already closed.

Luhan heaved a sigh, *I need to be more careful now or Kris will find out the truth.* with that, he lay on his bed.

It took him an hour before he completely fell asleep.

---

Morning came. All the students gathered at the hall for the announcement of the first activity that will be performing today.

You saw Luhan there but you kept yourself cool and not to take a glance at him. Even you weren’t looking at him, you could still see at the corner of your eye that he was looking at your way.

You started to feel uneasy because of his stares. You closed your eyes and breath in and out, *Please look somewhere else..*

Just then, you felt someone tapped your shoulder. You open your eyes only to see Yoona staring at you while frowning, “Are you okay?” you heard her asked.

“Eh?” you gasped. “Your breathing caught my attention. Are you okay? Did you smell some scent of perfume around?” she asked worriedly.

You shook your head, “Ani. I’m perfectly fine. I was just nervous maybe because of the upcoming activity?” you replied with a questioning tone.

She nodded in understanding, “Oh yeah. I almost forgot, this is your first time joining an activity trip. Don’t worry, you will enjoy the activities for sure.” she assured you.

You gave her a smile then nodded. *I’m lucky to have my friends around me.* you thought, thankful.

“Everyone, please listen.” The announcer finally spoke. Everyone’s attention went focus on the announcer now. All of you were waiting for the announcer to continue.

“So, the first activity will be partners but not all of you can choose a partner by your own. Just only the few students. I have names here and only selected persons were here to choose their partners. Let’s start, shall we?”

“DAE!” all the students responded in unison.

“First, Park Chanyeol. Choose your partner.” The announcer said. “I’ll go with Baekhyun.” Chanyeol announced.

Everyone knows that he’s going to choose him so no more reaction came up.

“Next, Kim Jongin.” The announcer called. All the students looked at Kai’s direction, waiting for him to choose for his partner.

Kai looked around. Slowly, he walked towards one of your friends’ direction. It was Yoona. “I chose her to be my partner.” Kai simply announced.

Yoona stared at him in shocked. Kai only flushed her a sweet smile. All the girls gasped by Kai’s sudden announcement.

“Quiet everyone. Next is Oh Sehun.” the announcer called out. Now, all the attention was on him.

Sehun glanced at Seohyun’s direction which made her gulped. *Aigoo! Don’t tell me..* Seohyun didn’t finished her thought as Sehun said, “I’ll be with Seohyun noona.” he announced as he went up next to her.

Seohyun face-palmed herself, *Aish! I don’t want this childish boy to be my partner. I don’t want to lose the first activity with him. Can someone please change my partner?* she sighed.

Sehun smiled at her, “This will be interesting to be with you noona.” he beamed. Seohyun rolled her eyes on him, “Whatever!”

“Chen was the next one.” the announcer said. “I’ll go with Baozi.” He quickly said.

“Lay?”

“I’ll go with Suho.” Lay said.

“Next is Wu Fan.” The announcer said that made everyone went silent. Every girl wanted to be his partner of course. His charisma was different to any member of EXO.

Slowly, Kris looked up ang met you eyes. You gulped, *Why is he staring at me?* you wondered, nervous.

Luhan noticed the way where Kris was looking. His eyes widen when he realized that his friend was looking at your way.

Suddenly, Kris started to walk towards your direction. You froze as if the time suddenly stopped. Everything went in slow motion for you.

Still, you could hear the students around you gasping. Some of them were whispering something but since your still in nervous state, it feels like you couldn’t hear anything.

On the other hand, Luhan was trying to calm himself because of his friend’s action. His eyes were narrowing ath the scene, waiting for the next happenings.

Just then, Kris stopped in front of you. You looked up at him with wide eyes, still confused.

Luhan have also his wide eyes. He doesn’t want to see what’s going to happen next. He wanted to look away but his body wasn’t listening to him to do so.

Surprisingly, Kris continued walking as he passed by you. “I’ll choose Yuri.” he announced as he went up next to her which is behind you.

You sighed in relief, *Thanks God!* you were very thankful that Kris didn’t choose you or you have to be more extra careful aroung him.

Everyone gasped loudly because they all thought that Kris will going to choose you but he didn’t. He chose Yuri instead.

Yuri was happily beaming at Kris because of him choosing her. Well as for Yuri, any member of EXO that can be her partner will satisfy her but Kris was a jackpot for her.

“Thank you for choosing me.” Yuri beamed at Kris which made the other girl students get envous.

You chuckled by your friend’s reaction and shook your head, *This girl really can’t hide her excitement nad being a fangirl. Aigoo!*

“Next will be Luhan.” the announcer suddenly said. Your smile faded away because of the mention of the next name.

You didn’t know why but you remained your head lowered, not wanting to look at him.

Without hesitation, Luhan approach you. “I’ll go with my bestfriend.” he said emphasizing the last word as his arms were wrapped around your shoulder.

You looked uo at him in surprise. It’s not that you’re not expecting him to choose you, it surprise you because he did it without any hesitation and he even made a body contact with you.

You don’t know if you’re going to be happy or not. For some reason, you felt unhappy because he put the word ‘bestfriend’ again. You did really hate that word now.

Everyone was shocked by Luhan’s sudden action. As for the history, Luhan wasn’t did that to any girl except now, with you. Now, they believed that you two were really close.

A big smirk was on Kris’ face at that moment as if he knows that this will gong to happen.

“Next is Tao.” Tao then choose D.O. Then the announcer continued calling out the names.

You lightly pushed Luhan away by the awkward position the both of you have there. “Ohh.. mian.” You heard him apologized.

“You can choose without making a body contact. You’re just making things worst.” you muttered.

Luhan frowned at you, *What does she mean by that?* he asked himself.

After awhile, all the students are on their partners now.

“Listen, everyone. Please make a conversation with your partners first. The first activity will be announcing after a few minutes. Please wait.” with that, the announcer left.

Everyone started talking to their partners now except you and Luhan. Only awkward silence was around the both of you.

There was a long pause until…

 

 

 

 

“Sooyoung…”

“Luhan…”

The both of you called at the same time.