088. Distressed Dreams

The Yuri-Effect

Chapter 88 - Distressed Dreams

 

 

 

 

 Early in the morning, Yuri went by Jessica's house for them to go to school together. Krystal opened the door for her, looking shocked at Yuri's face.

 

 

 "Something the matter?" Yuri asked, giggling a bit.

 "Wh.. What happen to your face?" Krystal asked. Yuri laughed and looked inside. "Your sister's fault."

 "What?! Really?!" Krystal looked back to her sister going down stairs.

 

 Jessica ran towards the door. But took a pause and gave her parents goodbyes.

 "Sis, you did this?!" Krystal pointed at Yuri's face. But Yuri hid her face with her two hands. "Wae?" Jessica took off Yuri's hands.

 "You'll still love me, right?" Yuri hid her face once more.  "Y-Yuri.." Jessica grabbed Yuri's hand and left their doorstep. She dragged Yuri away from their house.

 "W-wait.. C-can't run.." Yuri stopped and held on her knee. She was heavily breathing. "Can't we just? Walk?" Yuri stood up and retained her composure. "What happen to you?" Jessica asked.

 "I'm sorry.. I tried to fix our friends and lookie what Yoona did." Yuri laughed. Jessica held her hand tight. "You two fought?"

 Yuri nod her head. "Idiot. Look at your face. Swollen!" Jessica poked Yuri's shoulder.

 "Sorry.. And Sooyoung.." Yuri frowned.

 "She hates me. Sunny said she likes me.." Jessica arched her eye brow. "Obviously." Jessica said. The two started walking once again.

 "I didn't know.. That's why I told Soo to confess." Yuri ran her fingers through her hair. "And now Soo hates me." Jessica bumped Yuri a bit.

 "You're innocent on it right?" She asked.

 "Well.. Yea?"

 "Then don't worry too much." Jessica held Yuri's hand with hers. "Actually, I'm worried about you." Jessica looked at Yuri's wounds.

 "You sure your okay, Yul?" Jessica asked, concerned.

 "I'm fine now." Yuri smiled.

 

 

 At SooMan High, Hyoyeon and Tiffany were also shocked at Yuri's face.

 "Yours is worst than Yoona.." Tiffany said. "Yea.. H-hows Yoong?" Yuri asked.

 "She's okay." Tiffany smiled weak.

 "So what did Soo say?" Hyoyeon asked. Yuri shook her head left and right. "She hates me."

 Hyoyeon was going to ask more explanations but their teacher entered the room. They all sat in their respective places and started the class.

 

 

 Lunch Time,

 

 "Oww.. Oww.. Hey Sica. Be more gentle!" Yuri screamed in pain as Jessica treated her wounds. "Hold still." Jessic held Yuri's jaw so the girl won't move.

 "Oww!" Yuri had her eye close at every touch of the cotton ball dipped in medicine. "Come on Sica, I know your a future nurse but nurses treat patients with care!" Yuri complained. Jessica frowned. "This is the payment I get for doing this free?!" Jessica turned away.

 "Oh.. Uh.. I was just.. Sica. Baby, I appreciate it really.." Yuri held Jessica's shoulder, comforting and apologizing.

 "Please? Forgive Yuri, baby." Yuri showed a cute pleading face to Jessica. "Uhg.. Whatever." Jessica chuckled at Yuri's silly face.

 

 Hyoyeon waved to the two and she approached the couple. "Yul.. We have a problem." Yuri asked what was it. "Sooyoung's still absent." Yuri frowned at the news.

 "Why do you guys monitor Sooyoungs attendance?" Jessica asked the two. Hyoyeon spoke. "Because she's a member in our dance group." Yuri nod and added. "We were supposed to practice yesterday and today but she's absent.."

 "That’s a problem." Jessica now understands. Yuri looked depressed thinking this was her sole fault. "I'll talk to her." Hyoyeon stood up and left her friends in a hurry.

 "I told you, don't worry too much. Okay?" Jessica smiled for Yuri, but Yuri smiled fake. Truth was, she was so bothered by the issue.

 

 

 Another day came and Sooyoung was stilll absent. Sooyoung avoided Hyoyeon also, making her dance group stressed, if she'll back out or not. The issue made Yuri more depressed and worried blaming herself for the lost of a valuable member. So stressed, she caught a fever the next day and Jessica offered to take care of her.

 

 "I told you don’t worry too much.." Jessica caressed Yuri's face. "I know but.. What about the finals?" Yuri stressed but she held Jessica's warm palms on her cheek. "Its Hyo's dream." Yuri closed her eyes, just feeling Jessica's warmth.

 "To win at the finals.. Since I joined her group. She had always aimed to be a known dancer.. She's so good at it." Yuri looked at Jessica quietly listening.

 "And I can't be the one who fails her.." Yuri added. Jessica sighed. "But it’s not your fault. Sooyoung's too emotional; career and personal lives are not to be confused of and to be mixed." Jessica said seriously. Yuri still blamed herself on it though.

 "I know.. But would you go to a place where a person you hate is there?" Yuri asked.

 "I will if I must. Besides not like I'm the only one feeling uneasy." Jessica answered. "Business is business. Career is career." Jessica added. Yuri laughed at Jessica's statement.

 "Ice princess.." Yuri sat up and said. She kissed Jessica on the forehead. "My princess.."

 "Don't stress on it too much okay? I'm sure Sooyoung will be enlightened. Give her a hit, like Yoona." Jessica suggested. Yuri took a moment to stare at Jessica.

 And suddenly got an idea from Jessica's words.

 "Maybe I can ask Yoona to dance!"

 "Wae?"

 "Well Yoona's good at dancing as well.. Maybe.. Just maybe.." Yuri thought of replacing Sooyoung.

 "Glad I helped." Jessica hugged Yuri.

 

 "So don't worry too much okay Yul?" Yuri hugged Jessica too. "You're hot.. As in fire, Yul." Jessica stood up and went to get a wet towel for Yuri.

 

 Yuri can only smile as she can see Jessica's potential in being a nurse. But she stressed at how she can be an engineer when all she can do is dance and all she worries for now is her friends.

 

 Engineer Kwon, someday. I guess..

 

 

________________________________________________________________

Enough drama for now~ 

 

I'm back guys! >:) sorry if I updated late, kinda busy yesterday. Anyways how'd you like nurse Sica? I love her lol! 

But poor Yuri-baby is frustrated. Aweee.. T____________T

 

Till next update!

 

-Hakufuu