084. Persona

The Yuri-Effect

Chapter 84 - Persona

 

 

 

 Yuri was walking home alone; she saw one familiar face on her way home. "Joohyun..?" She's not sure if it was Seohyun because the image was quite unclear. Yuri decided to walk closer and confirmed.

 "Yah! Joohyun-ah!" Yuri waved to Seohyun whose busy carrying some grocery bags. Yuri noticed Seohyun was unable to wave back so she approached and helped Seohyun. "Thank you, unnie."

 Seohyun's mother came out from their residence, quite surprised Yuri's helping her daughter. "Well.." Yuri carefully laid the plastic bags inside Seohyun's house.

 "Just helping.." Yuri, quite feeling awkward she quickly gave a bow and left. "Wait! Yuri-ah!" Mrs. Seo held Yuri's shoulder.

 "Uh.. Y-yes?" Yuri turned around. "Thanks." Mrs. Seo smiled at Yuri. "I-It was nothing.. Joohyun's my friend."

Yuri smiled back. "In the future, your wife." Mrs. Seo said making Yuri and Seohyun jumped in shock.

 "Mom?!" Seohyun quickly apologized to Yuri. Mrs. Seo laughed at her daughter. "Well you two have a daughter in the future right? Then meaning she's your future partner." Mrs. Seo rubbed Yuri's head like a kid. "Hmm.. I think Yuri's better than Yoona." Yuri was left blank, not knowing what to say. "Yoona's better looking though. Yuri's kinda tanned." Mrs. Seo laughed and left Yuri with Seohyun, she headed to the kitchen.

 "Yuri-ah, mind staying for dinner?" Mrs. Seo offered but Yuri gratefully declined. Seohyun walked Yuri outside their humble home.

 

 "Joohyun-ah, I wanna ask you.." Yuri had always wanted to know Seohyun's side about Yoona's engagement. "What exactly happen? The engagement, break up and Yoona?" Yuri felt like pressuring Seohyun but when she looked at Seohyun. Seohyun looked calm and willing to answer her question. "Tiffany-unnie's father and Yoona's parents are merging their companies. So probably their siblings should be the same." Seohyun explained. Yuri listened carefully. "Yoona and I decided to broke up because we both found out our families disliked us. And Yoona..?" Seohyun stopped to look at Yuri. "Yoona's a jerk." Seohyun looked down, bitter on how Yoona left her.

 "J-Joohyun.. I know whatever Yoong did was.. Crazy.. But Joohyun-ah, I hope you'd give her time to straighten herself. I believe Yoona loves you deeply.." Yuri tried to lift Seohyun's love for Yoona up. "No. Yoona made her choice. I won't wait." But Yuri failed. Yuri knows how much Yoona loves Seohyun but with how Yoona had left Seohyun, Seohyun was left to try and erase everything about her and Yoona.

 "Joohyun-ah, please. I have no right to tell you what to do but.. At least, don't forget everything Yoona did for you, for the both of you." Yuri still tried.

 "I don't even remember unnie." Seohyun coldly replied. But inside Seohyun's heart ofcourse was Yoona and her love. "I'm happy with how my life is now. You see unnie my mom is changing. We're progressing.." Seohyun turned her back on Yuri.

 "We won't become like Yoona and her family." Seohyun stated. "But I guess.. You're side is different. Right unnie?" Seohyun looked back to Yuri and smiled. She then took her leave and walked to her home.

 "Take care.."

 "Joohyun-ssi.."

 Yuri was still left sad by what has happen to her cousin and her former lover. She promised to talk to Yoona more seriously and will do her best to fix her friends. Especially her broken best friend, Tiffany.

 

 Yuri went inside her house and changed her clothes, she promised to pay Yoona a visit if the is time.

 

 

 Inside Yoona's car, taking Tiffany to their mansion,

 

 "Is there something.. That you want me to do?" Yoona asked Tiffany who was staring at the skies, blankly-headed. "Tiffany.. You need to try and make this work." Yoona suggested, Tiffany looked at Yoona. "How can it work?.." Tiffany spoke, getting Yoona's gaze to her.

 "..When clearly you're in love with Joohyun. And I'm crazy about Taeyeon..?" Tiffany asked.

 "We can try." Yoona held Tiffany's hand, closing her eyes in the process. Yoona was made of a strong mask on the outside but inside her, Seohyun was still there. While holding on to Tiffany's hand, all she imagined was no one but Seohyun.

 "You can't lie, Yoona. I know you love her.." Tiffany slipped her hand away from Yoonas. "It’s hard to pretend. I can't Yoona.. I can't go on with this.. I need Taeyeon." Tiffany placed her hands on her heart, it was mysteriously aching.

 "We need to speak up. Come on Yoona.. Wake up! Show Joohyun how much you love her." Tiffany spoke in a loud tone to Yoona. Yoona looked quite surprised. "Se-Seohyun.." Inside Yoona, her internal forces were battling. "Yoona.. Don't give up. We can do this.. Together." Tiffany found a hope that she can turned it around. Yoona seemed to be moved by her words, so Tiffany kept on motivating.

 "Yoona, please. If you fix your relationship.. Taeyeon will come back to me.. Please.." Tiffany continued. Yoona trembled, holding her head. It ached with all the images flashing in her mind. "It can all be okay again."

 

 One certain image stopped Yoona from her anxiousness and fear. It was the image of Seohyun crying, with how she had declined to believe Seohyun. Seohyun cried something Yoona despised to do.

 

 The car finished parking on the entrance and a butler opened the door of the car of his masters.

 "Yoona.."

 

 "I can't." Yoona stepped out of the car. Tiffany quickly chased Yoona. "Come on, Yoona! Please help me!" Tiffany ran up to Yoona who was standing before the entrance. As Tiffany stepped beside Yoona, Yoona held her hand.

 

 "Dad. What brings you here?" Yoona saw her father with Mr. Hwang.

 

 

_________________________________________________________

 

I'd love to upload it all lol! But there won't be any thrill if I do that.. It will be up to chapter 101. Do you guys want that? LOL xD

Author will kill me if I do so.

 

I will update another one later on.. Double update for today yey!

 

 

-Hakufuu