recording with Pixie~

2 Years...will love...change?

GUYS I'M BACK!!!

I'm so sorry I actually promise you guys that I would update more when I end my internship one week ago on the 24th August 2012

But I was busy with a report that I had to hand in to my school ><

And then I was catching up with my friends who had been working hard on attachments as well...

I hope you guys can forgive me!!! :D

And now I will definitely going to update one chapter a day!

Really one chapter a day I promise ^^

p/s: Purple text are English conversations


“Pix!!!” I exclaimed as I lock her in my embrace.

“Darling I’ve missed you loads! Haven’t seen you for so long!” She said.

“At least 2 months?” I asked back.

“At least 2 months.” She said before we gave one another a hug again before she pulls away from me. “Ah and you must be G-Dragon while you, the taller one is TOP?” She asked.

“Just call me GD. He’s TOP alright~” Jiyong oppa introduced while they shake hands.

“So which one is the father?” Pixie asked directly, shocking me a little even though I was kind of used to her bluntness.

“Pixie~” I whined but was immediately stopped by her.

“Wait wait let me guess…GD is the father right? TOP doesn’t look good with you while Hoon shares a striking resemblance with GD.”

“He’s the father.” TOP oppa said making her clap her hands together.

“I guess so too.” She exclaimed, looking really happy for choosing the correct person.

“Alright Pix you got your answer, shall we start now?” I asked before we all took a sit.

“So how are we going to do this producer?” Pixie asked.

“Yeah what should we do producer?” TOP oppa teased, making me blush even more.

“I’m no producer. He is.” I said as I pointed to Jiyong oppa.

“I’m just a singer today. Nothing more, nothing less.” He said making me sigh while the three of them just laugh.

“TOP oppa can you start first? Since you’re doing the first verse.”

“Fine with me.” He said as he head into the booth while Jiyong oppa let Pixie unnie and I took the front sit at the producing table.

“Let’s start shall we?”

-Jiyong’s POV-

It’s a really special experience that for once I wasn’t sitting at the front in front of all the instruments and monitor directing the song. It has been years, come to think of it ever since Big Bang debuted, there wasn’t a time where I wasn’t involved in producing. Although the urge of wanting to help Yoon Ji was really strong, I had to keep myself back for I knew this was her show. I just sat one table behind as I look at how she records hyung.

She’s so charismatic when she records and it got me to think if I was like that too when I’m recording. I guess now I could understand Yoon Ji a lot more when she always tell me how she was so drawn to me when I’m working seriously. The aura I got from her was never before and it gave me tickles against my heart, which is a really weird thing to be experiencing. Not to mention how her perfect English was , of course not ually. She wasn’t like me, all harsh and sensitive when things drag but rather she was really patient, making sure that hyung got what she was telling him before she continue with recording.

To explain further on that, I bet everyone knows how I record since it was caught on our comeback show. How I was so frustrated when Seungri couldn’t get his parts done that I have to chase him out of the recording booth. Even if TOP hyung sometimes couldn’t get what Yoon Ji wanted, she would be telling him that he was doing good but it would be better if he sang it in another way. I thought it was something I could learn from her cause not only don’t she demoralize and make the person recording feel unconfident, but she was actually encouraging them to do even better.

After hyung was done with the first verse, Pixie mentioned how different it is recording here and back in the states. The four of us just sat around and discussed about the cultural differences and got to know more about Pixie but also Yoon Ji when she was in the states. It was fun working with Pixie, and not to mention working with Yoon Ji. Just like me, she’s a totally different person when it comes to recording and I guess you guys are tired already reading all my praises for her.

“Pix would you like to go next? If you’re settled today, which I probably think you would be, you can explore Seoul tomorrow.” Yoon Ji mentioned and this time I took the seat beside Yoon Ji while hyung was forever in front of the Mac behind us catching up on the latest Be@rBricks.

“Darling you’re doing great just relax your voice more. Sing it in a way where you sound like you don’t care but deep down you are desperate for him to be back.”

“Got it lovely.” Pixie replied before they give one another a smile and recorded once again.

“Girl we’re done for you parts.” Yoon Ji announced a moment later.

“So many times did I did?” She asked when she got out of the recording booth.

“3. Why?” Yoon Ji asked.

“Well that has got to be a new record. I usually do 5.” She said making Yoon Ji smile at her.

“If you want you can leave first Pix. Tomorrow I would need you to come back in and do some supporting vocals and adlibs.” Yoon Ji said.

“Thanks baby girl. I’ll just stay a little longer. It’s still early anyway.”

“Sure. Jiyong oppa?” She asked making me nod before I got up and head into the recording booth.

Standing inside here watching her work was definitely different from how I see from the outside. From here I could see her face, how she bite her lips subconsciously when she is trying to figure something out or when she is mixing our voice and how she’s able to multitask. I guess that is something all moms are good at when you have to take care of a baby. When she was done with settling Pixie’s parts, she looks up and noticing me staring at her, she gave me a huge smile.

“Oppa stop smiling to me like that. You look freaking creepy.”

“And you look freaking gorgeous.”

“Stop flirting you two~” TOP hyung said since he had the intercom button on his table as well. He purposely said that in English so that Pixie would know what we are doing.

All I see was Yoon Ji turning to the back, as if telling TOP hyung that we weren’t flirting while he couldn’t stop teasing her. I heard no noise from the outside cause the room is sound proof and only when the intercom button is pressed would you get to hear what is going on so basically it was as if I was watching a muted television show. It was hilarious to see them move but hear nothing, yet it is annoying when you can’t hear anything.

“Oppa they are bullying me!” She said making me laugh.

“Stop bullying my wifey guys.” I said making her blush while I could see the others teasing her more.

“Thanks so much oppa~” She said, rolling her eyes at me, which I found really amusing. “Oppa you don’t need instructions right? You’re a pro after all.” She mentioned.

“I’m just a singer producer Song~”

“Seriously?”

“Go on producer Song~ I’m listening.”

“Alright just sing like you’re really angry at your girl for cheating at you but deep down inside you know you’re the one in the wrong and you’re regretting.” She said. Wow what a nice description.

“Neh~” I replied before the song was played.

After this littler verse, hyung and I have been heading into the recording studio alternatively to do our various verses since out parts were assigned one after another. I’m not sure if it was because she had to do it fast for Pixie, the times that hyung and I have been in the recording studio shorten every single time to the point where it felt like I only had to record once before she gives the clear sign for us, telling us that the part was alright and we could proceed. Pixie left halfway while the rest of us continue to record and even if I said we were recording at a speed of light, it was already 6pm and Yoon Ji was in the process of wrapping things up for the day.

“Oppa even if you don’t have faith in me, have faith in yourself.” Was what she said when hyung and I ask if it was alright and that we could record a few more times if it is really needed. Seems like for once Kwon Ji Yong is not confident with his music. This feeling was killing me.

“Are you sure it’s alright?” I asked for the nth time while her answer would always be a nod.

“It’s going perfectly as planned oppa. First day we’ll record the major verse and chorus and then tomorrow we’ll wrap things up with adlibs.” She explained.

“You’re not rushing things because of me insisting for us to have family time before you leave right?” I asked and although I know that she wouldn’t do that, I guess things here was driving me crazy that I was asking her something like that.

“Oppa you know I’m not someone like that. Aigoo TOP oppa do you think of me like that too?” She asked, making the elder male nod. “Here listen to this.” She said as she plays the music that we just recorded through the speakers.

“Why is it so good? Yoon Ji ah when did you learn black magic?” TOP hyung asked making her laugh.

“Oppa my black magic is you guys! The reason why we’re wrapping up so fast is because you guys are doing a really good job expressing your emotions.” She explained.

I’m really impressed I must say. The shortest time I complete a song with my boys would take the fastest 18 hours to complete but we’re barely hitting half of the time I’m usually spending, yet the song comes out so perfect as if we’ve been recording for a week to get the best results out of it. What amazes me was how she manages to get us into the song, so much that we can get a grip of the emotions that she wants to express through the song within such a short time.

“I lose.” I admitted making her laugh.

“Yah oppa what is it about losing and winning?” She giggled.

“You’re doing so much better than your oppa!” I claimed.

“I couldn’t do it without you guys as well. Instead of praising me oppa, you guys should be praised too for your amazing skills.”

“You’re too modest my love~” I said to her.

“Oppa I need your help actually.” She said making me look at her.

“What is it?”

“I need your help in mixing and stacking. I’m really bad at those.”

“Are you sure? I don’t want to be with you and then I see you doing all that like a 40 year old professional finishing it in 5 minutes.”

“I confess I might be good at producing and others but that is something I’m not good at.” She said.

“Ahrasso ahrasso.” I said as I pat her head while she smile so bright, probably thinking that now that I’m helping her she could relax a little.

“Alright lets wrap up for today! I miss my baby boy so much!” She exclaimed making me smile as I assist her with the finishing touches for the recordings today.

With my help, we got out of the studio barely past 5pm. As per request, we were going to spend some family time together tonight and since it was early, she made me bring her to the grocery shop so that we can shop for some food and whip up dinner together. Other than staying at home, there was no other place we can comfortably spend time with Hoon. Still neither of us made any complains for we know…

That as long as we are spending time together, that’s all that matters!