tiring night~

2 Years...will love...change?

Finally it was the first night back here in Korea and as expected, Hoon was suffering a lot due to his fever. Although given him medicine, his temperature showed no signs of dropping to the normal range through the nights. As if I had an alarm clock set, I woke up almost once every hour just to check on Hoon’s temperature and that actually doesn’t include the times when I was woke up by Hoon’s cries.

To me this has got to be one of the toughest nights in taking care of Hoon so I thought it was going to be much worst for Jiyong oppa but never once did he actually complained. He was tired and I believe the day before he came to Gwangju with the rest he was busy with making music and didn’t sleep much the previous night too but every time Hoon cries or even when I wake up to check on Hoon, he would always be awake and go through it all with me.

It was almost until 4am in the morning when Hoon was crying once again but before I could get off bed, Jiyong oppa pulled me back to bed, telling me to catch some rest and when I insisted, he used his leg and arm to hold me down and only when he made sure that I wasn’t going to get up did he then quickly get up and pick Hoon up from the crib, bringing him out of the bedroom as he tried to coax the baby back to sleep.

When he returned with Hoon shortly after, he placed Hoon softly to his crib and I could hear him whispering to Hoon to be a good boy and not disturb his tired mummy anymore. He even told the baby who couldn’t even say anything other than omma and other basic words to inform him if he needed anything. When he assured that Hoon was sleeping, he then turn and sat at the edge of the side of the bed I was sleeping on with no idea that I was awake, worried that he couldn’t handle Hoon alone.

“You’ve been through so much. I know I have been saying this so many times but I’m sorry. I’m sorry for hurting you and because of my actions you had to go through pregnancy alone. You know me too well, that I couldn’t handle Hoon and indeed I’m tired already but I’m not going to give up. 2 years, you’ve gone through this yourself so I shouldn’t give up that easily. I want you and Hoon to be proud of me and one day, no matter how long it’s going to take, I hope that you would come back to my life. Till then, I would never give up and do my best, and that is a promise.” He said as he brushes my fringe away to reveal my “sleeping” face. “I love you mummy. You’ve been through way too much.” He said as he plant a kiss on my forehead before carefully lifting me up to take the space he was taking earlier on and he took mine so that he was closer to Hoon whose crib was just beside.

Maybe it was because of Jiyong oppa’s words. I thought that maybe Jiyong oppa could do it after all. His words made me felt safe in leaving Hoon to his care. Not only that I guess he took a quick time to calm crying Hoon or leave the room with Hoon in his arms so that Hoon wasn’t disturbing me and I think that is the reason why I was able to sleep my way until the sun has rise.

Waking up, I see Jiyong oppa sleeping beside me with his face facing my direction. I don’t know if it was because of the previous night or because it has been so long since I’ve seen him, he looked really tired and definitely lost some weight. Since he gave me so many hours to sleep last night, I thought that he too deserve some sleep after battling out with the sick Hoon. Carefully making my way out of bed, I head to the crib but was welcomed by an empty crib and Hoon was gone.

Thinking that Hoon was with Yoon Shik oppa, I got out and notice that I was the only one left at home since omma and appa had work, while Yoon Shik oppa and Hoon was gone. Could it be that oppa brought Hoon out to enjoy the morning sun? But whenever Yoon Shik oppa do that he would definitely leave a note but why isn’t there any note this time round?

“Babe what’s wrong?” I heard a husky voice as I turn to see Jiyong oppa making his way out of the room as he rubbed his tired eyes, awake most probably because of my absence from the bed.

“Where’s Hoon?” I asked.

“He’s still having a fever so Yoon Shik decides to bring him to the doctor.”

“He’s still having a fever?” I asked worriedly. Although I knew very well that because of Hoon’s weak immune system it would take Hoon a longer time to get well but as a mother I just can’t help but toworry.

“Don’t worry. Hoon would be fine alright? He’s a strong boy and you know that. Besides his fever did drop overnight till 37.9degree but your brother and I thought that it would be better if Hoon makes a trip to the doctor.” He exclaimed.

“What time did oppa take Hoon out?” I asked making him turn to glance at the clock.

“Slightly past 7.30am in the morning?” Jiyong oppa said and I notice that it was 8am right now. “Why are you awake so early in the morning? You should rest more.” Jiyong oppa said and he was about to catch my hand when I pull it away.

“You should be resting more.” I said before I got to the toilet and wash myself up.

As soon as I got out, I notice that Jiyong oppa was back in the room sleeping as instructed so deciding that he needs his sleep, quietly got out of the room before getting to the kitchen to whip up some breakfast not only for me but for the two adults along with me. Since it isn’t wise for Hoon to have something really oily, I had to cook something separate from what we adults would be having. Deciding on fish porridge since Hoon is sick, I have also whipped up some tofu stew since it’s still morning and served it with rice along with jjapchae.

“Hoon’s back!” I heard as soon as I finish setting up the table to see Yoon Shik oppa coming into the house with Hoon.

“Hey sweetie~ Did you miss mummy?” I asked and immediately the little one cling onto me and snuggle his head in my neck. “What did the doctor said?” I asked.

“Well as usual low immune system or else he would recover even faster but he’s good. The doctor decides to inject him so that he can get well faster since if it drags long it might affect him but Hoon is such a good boy, he never even cried when the doctor was injecting him.” Yoon Shik oppa said as he pat Hoon’s head.

“Aigoo my son’s so brave huh?” I said as I gave it a kiss on his cheeks.

“Where’s hyung?” Yoon Shik oppa asked.

“He’s in the room. Why?”

“Yoon Ji ah did you know that because Jiyong hyung didn’t want to disturb you, he was sleeping in the living room with Hoon? Well Hoon was well covered and sleeping like a log but Jiyong hyung was freezing.”

“Really? He could have slept inside. Not as if I prohibited him from doing so.”

“Yoon Ji ah Jiyong hyung is trying his best to make it up for you. Even if you aren’t going to forgive him, at least treat him better alright? I know what happened between the two of you and it’s not easy for you or even me to forgive him but for the sake of Hoon, just try alright?” Yoon Shik oppa said.

“Go and wash up. Breakfast is already ready.” I said as I walk away from Yoon Shik oppa, unwilling to give him any answer for his speech. “Hoon are you hungry? Even if you are not you have to eat a little before you rest alright?” I asked the boy who kept looking at our room door as if telling me he wanted to sleep but even after me saying that, he was still staring at the door. “What’s wrong Hoon?” I asked and it took me some time to understand what he wanted. “Should we go wake him up?” I asked and immediately a smile formed on Hoon’s face.

With Hoon in my arms, the both of us entered into the room and I heard Hoon squeak a little as if happy to finally see his father. All I did was to walk towards the bed and sat down on the edge, looking down at him like how he looked at me last night. Putting Hoon who wanted to get down beside Jiyong oppa who was sleeping, I just continue to observe Jiyong oppa and failed to notice that Hoon was trying to wake his appa up.

“5 more minutes~” Jiyong oppa slurred and I just can’t help it but to smile.

Aigoo this oppa, I know he is tired but he still haven’t change this habit of his didn’t he? Maybe because Jiyong oppa refuses to wake up, Hoon was started to get irritated and decided to use some force against Jiyong oppa’s arm which I doubt cause any pain unless it was straight in the face but just as I was thinking about this I saw Hoon’s hands aiming for oppa’s face and was about to stop Hoon when Jiyong oppa wrap his arms around Hoon’s torso and lifted him up.

“Aigoo who is disturbing my sleep? Oh isn’t this Hoon? Bad Hoon for disturbing appa when sleeping. You should be punished!!!” He said.

Before I could get Hoon out, Jiyong oppa was tickling Hoon and kissing him all over, making Hoon laugh really loud and at the sight of the two boys in front of my eyes I couldn’t help but to giggle at their actions. It was only when Jiyong oppa stop what he was doing and look at me to see whether I was really laughing and letting out a cough, I compose myself before I carried Hoon in my arms again.

“Hoon’s going to get sick if he laugh too much…the air--” I said and before I could complete my sentence Jiyong oppa stop me from doing so by kissing me lightly on my lips.

“Good morning princess.” He said making me blush immediately as I quickly got up from the bed.

“B-breakfast is ready.  Go wash up and come out.” I said as I made my way out of the room and I swear I heard Jiyong oppa chuckling a little.

“Did something happen?” Yoon Shik oppa asked as soon as he saw the expression I was giving him.

“Nothing.” I replied before putting Hoon on the high chair.

“Wae? Did Jiyong hyung did something to you?” He asked me making me blush more.

“Aish take care of Hoon. I’m going to go get his food.”  I said, ignoring my brother’s tease as I made my way to the kitchen.

How could such a simple interaction between Jiyong oppa and Hoon made my heart flatter? It was a feeling never felt before and it definitely was good. I was angry at Jiyong oppa for everything that he has taken away from me including my life and my career but no doubt did he give me a son, which meant everything to me right now. I was angry at him but when he locked me in that kiss earlier on, it was as if I melted.  I was supposed to stay strong but why is it that whenever he treats me like that, I can’t take it?

“Thinking about me?”