back to normal

2 Years...will love...change?

“Hoon ah~” I said as soon as I open the door to see that the room was exceptionally clean. “Eh?” I asked confused.

“Here!!! A little help here!!!” We heard as we turn to see that Hoon had his legs wrapped around Teddy oppa’s neck as he tries to climb up, which I assume that he was going to try and climb up to oppa’s head. Teddy oppa’s pride, which was that baseball cap of his that was sitting on his head, is on the verge of being flicked away by Hoon.

“Hoon ah you can’t do that to Teddy oppa~” I said before I went forward to get Hoon off oppa. “Oppa mianhe~”

“Aigoo for a moment I thought I was in the zoo. Naughty monkey~” Teddy oppa said as he pinch Hoon’s cheeks lightly with a smile despite how messed up he look.

“What actually happened oppa? Where’s Yoon Shik oppa and Hyomin unnie? Why are you left alone with Hoon?” I asked.

“Well the two said they had something to talk about and I thought it was alright for me to just look after Hoon for a little while. I didn’t expect that he would be climbing over me.” Teddy oppa said.

“He’s just curious about the things around him hyung. Hoon come to papa~” Jiyong oppa said as he stretch his hands out to carry Hoon but instead Hoon had his face buried in my shoulders as he whined.

“Baby what’s wrong?” I asked when he started to sniff. “Aigoo omma is not scolding you. Besides your hyung is not angry isn’t he?”

“Wuahhhhhhhhh~” He cried out loud and freaking out a little at his outburst which was totally unexpected since he was rather alright earlier on, I quickly excused myself and Hoon out of the recording studio before bringing him out to the balcony for a breather.

“Is something wrong my cute boy? Aigoo don’t cry anymore will you? You’re making omma’s heart break.” I said and just then I felt Hoon being wrapped by a scarf while soon after a jacket was over my shoulders.

“The wind is strong out here. Did something happen?” Jiyong oppa asked making me shake my head.

“I don’t know oppa. He was so excited when I told him we were coming to find you. He was fine earlier on.”

“What’s wrong my boy?” Jiyong oppa asked, wiping the falling tears off the now sobbing kid but instead that cause Hoon to turn his face and buried into my chest while his arms wrapped tightly around my shoulders.

“Hoon ah that’s appa. You’ve met him before haven’t you? I thought you’ve been missing him a lot? Appa misses you too.” I said but instead his hold around me got tighter and in addition, he was kicking his legs in the air, as if trying to kick Jiyong oppa away. “Oppa maybe you should head in first. You know how kids are. Maybe it has been long since he has seen you in person so he’s a little taken aback. I’ll take care of him and we’ll be back soon neh?” I said and upon hesitation it was only then did he left me and Hoon alone.

Hoon was slowly calming down as soon as Jiyong oppa left us alone. Cradling him in my arms, I gave him a smile which he returned and he was so cute that I had to tickle against his stomach to cheer him up and indeed he was laughing out loud. I look down at his face and wonder, why did he suddenly had such an extreme reaction when he came over to YG Building? Teddy oppa wasn’t someone he didn’t know. They met at his birthday before a month ago. How about Jiyong oppa? He was so close to his father and suddenly he was crying to get away from him. He would never forget Jiyong oppa cause like I say, whenever I had the time I would play videos of not only the Big Bang oppas but also the 2NE1 girls’ performance so that Hoon wouldn’t forget his hyungs and noonas.

“Baby boo did something happen back there? Why were you crying?” I asked but got no response. “Baby omma wouldn’t be able to prevent you from crying if omma didn’t know what happen and omma don’t want to see Hoon cry.” I said caressing his cheeks. “Does it have something to do with appa?” I asked and the boy nodded. “Aigoo you love appa so much why would you cry when you see him?” I asked.

Was it my fault? Was it because that he didn’t want to get attached to Jiyong oppa once again? Afraid that if he would be close to his appa and we had to separate, he would be sad? Was it because he didn’t want to feel the pain in his heart that he can only see his appa from the screens when he wants his father to hold him and play with him? If only he could speak, I could have known what he was really thinking instead of having to guess.

“Were you thinking that if you get close to your appa, you would be attached to him again and when we have to leave you would be sad?” I asked and amazingly he nodded, tears glistering in his eyes again. “I’m so sorry Hoon. Omma is really sorry. Because of the things that happen between your omma and your appa, you had to suffer with us as well. It’s all because of omma. Omma is the bad person who separates you and your appa.” I said, hugging him tight as I tried to control my tears but to no avail.

“Baby you’re scaring Hoon.” Jiyong oppa said and I could hear him settle by my side before I turn to Jiyong oppa, wrapping my right arm around his waist as I cried on his shoulders. “Hush now my girl~” He said as he pat my lightly on my back and against the back of my head.

“Hoon...he...he didn’t...” I said in between my sobs making him chuckle a little.

“Aigoo look at you, you’re crying until you can’t finish your sentence. I know Hoon didn’t do it on purpose and I knew this would happen. Although I thought it wasn’t because he missed me so much but because he has forgiven me but still I expected things to be like that so don’t blame yourself.”

“But...I...”

“Baby stop crying now alright? It’s so weird when you’re holding a baby and you yourself are crying like a baby.” Jiyong oppa teased me before earning a slap that felt like a touch against his arm. “Look at you. Aigoo~” Jiyong oppa said as he wipe those tears off my face.

“Oommmmma” Hoon said making the both of us look at him.

“What did you say Hoon?” Jiyong oppa asked.

“Ommmmaaa.”

“Did he just say?” I asked Jiyong oppa making him nod.

“Hoon was calling you omma.”

“Ommmmaaaaa” Hoon said again as if telling me that he was really calling omma.

“Oh my god!!! My baby boy just spoke his first word!!! He called me omma!!!” I said as tears fall again over at how touching it was for me to hear my baby speak his first audible word apart from his baby language.

“Yah why are you crying again? Did LA changed you into an alien like Bom noona and TOP hyung?”

“Kwon Ji Yong what do you mean by that?!!” Bom unnie said and it was only then did we realise that everyone has been watching us from behind.

“But she’s crying just like how you cried when we were back in Gwangju when Yoon Ji’s omma gave her the hanbok.” Jiyong oppa exclaimed.

“And how am I dragged into this?” TOP oppa asked

“Cause you are together with noona~” Jiyong oppa said and before TOP oppa could catch him, Jiyong oppa was already running away as the both of them just ran in circles around us, causing Hoon to laugh.

“Aigoo you guys are so embarrassing. Even Hoon is laughing at your childish act.” Youngbae oppa said.

“And would you like to join us Dong Yong Bae?” the both of them ask and was about to ran after Youngbae oppa when Dara unnie spread her arms in front of him like a mother hen protecting her chick.

“You boys better not touch my Youngbae or I’ll...” She said and stopped immediately when she heard what she said.

“What will you do noona? Besides when did Youngbae hyung become YOUR Youngbae?” Seungri oppa asked as the others started cornering the couple.

“Da-rong is there something that we should know? As your teammates and as your sisters?” Chaerin unnie asked.

“No...definitely nothing unless you two have something for us.” Dara unnie stuttered.

“We’re not dating--” Chaerin unnie said but her sentence was interrupted.

“YET!” Seungri oppa shouted making Chaerin unnie roll her eyes before she turn back to Dara unnie and continue her sentence.

“What about you guys? And I don’t think any of us would be taking not dating as an answer so spit it unnie.” Chaerin unnie asked like an interrogator you always see in movies.

“CL-roo...how dare you...” Dara unnie stuttered before Youngbae oppa got in front of Dara unnie now as they swop positions.

“Chaerin that’s not the way you should be talking to your unnie.” Youngbae oppa reprimanded.

“Uh-huh. And?” Chaerin unnie asked with no plans to back off.

“We just started not long ago if that is what you want from us.” Youngbae oppa said and the sweat that was rolling down his face when we’re standing outdoors with chilly autumn breeze just showed how nervous he was to make that confession.

“Kya!!!” Chaerin unnie shouted before the girls all wrap themselves around Dara unnie while the boys gave Youngbae oppa a punch in his chest.

“Yah how can you guys keep it from us?!!” TOP oppa asked.

“Oppa is right unnie!!! I thought there is nothing we keep a secret from one another?” Chaerin unnie chirped.

“Before you guys kill us, Jiyong knows about it too.” Youngbae oppa blurted out.

“Dong Young Bae I kept you guys a secret and this is how you betray me?” Jiyong oppa asked as the others started to turn their target to Jiyong oppa.

“Sorry bro. My girl is important.” Youngbae oppa said as he got beside Dara unnie while the latter just punched lightly against his tough muscles.

“I can’t believe I just hear that directly from Youngbae hyung mouth. I think I’m going to collapse.” Daesung oppa said as he wraps his arms around Mingkki, causing her to lose her balance while the both of them landed on the floor. But being the gentleman, Daesung oppa pull Mingkki at the last minute so that she would end up on his body instead of him squashing on her.

“Kang Dae Sung you did that on purpose did you? Let our Mingkki go!!!” Bom unnie said and tried to pry Minzy off Daesung oppa’s hold but was futile when Daesung oppa just hugged the girl tighter to him before he lay a kiss on the girl’s lips.

“I love you~” He confessed and Mingkki can’t help but blush.

“That...that was my first kiss.” She stuttered.

“Oops. Looks like I’ve to take responsibility.” Daesung oppa said before he pushes the girls’ face down closer to him so that their laps met once again.

“Tabi you alien come and help me!!!” Bom unnie scream and soon after the new couple was pulled away.

“Noona~” Daesung oppa whined at her for ruining their moment.

“You monster!!! You just our maknae in front of our eyes!!!” Bom unnie screamed and that word cause me to jerk my body a little at the word.

“Babe are you alright?” Jiyong oppa asked as he rest his hands on my shoulders and since I was still deep in my thoughts it actually caused me to flinch, which in return he had his arms up high in the air as if he was surrendering.

“Neh?”

“I’m sorry if I scared you...” He said softly making me shake my head.

“Aniyo oppa I just blanked out for a moment to notice you.”

“Are you alright?” I nodded.

“Aaaaahhccchhhoooooooo” was heard as we look at Hoon who was in my arms giving us a guilty smile as if he was caught in doing something that he wasn’t supposed to be caught for.

“Kya why is my son so cute?!! Come on we should go in before Hoon really falls sick.” Jiyong oppa said as we all prepare to head in.

“Oooommmmmmaaa” Hoon says as he reaches out for Jiyong oppa.

“He’s your appa not omma~” I said to the young boy.

“You want appa to carry you?” Jiyong oppa asked making him nod before I handed Hoon over to oppa.

“Looks like things are back to normal.” I said making him smile before we left the balcony and head back indoors.