washing Hoon~

2 Years...will love...change?

“Have you gotten everything that I mentioned?” I asked.

As I enter the room and although expected since he is a perfectionist and also leader to look over everything but I was still a little shocked that he manage to get everything that I’ve told him and place them neatly for use at the side. He doesn’t even look like a new father and people might misunderstand him that he had a secret child before Hoon for him to look so experience in this.

“Believe me baby, Hoon is really my first child.” Wait did I just say my thoughts out loud?

“Take Hoon’s clothes off.” I said and when I see how clumsy he was, I wanted to offer him help when he pushes my hands away.

“Just take a seat and instruct me alright?” He said making me look at him with doubt but when I see his determination I did as I was told. “Now what?” Jiyong oppa said as he place Hoon’s clothes neatly by the side.

“Remove Hoon’s diaper. Wait!!!” I said but it was already too late when Hoon just peed against Jiyong oppa’s chest. “Aish why are you so fast? I was about to tell you to cover him just in case he urinates.” I said and couldn’t help but to giggle at the scene since Hoon seems so satisfied at what he did.

“Aigoo naughty Hoon~” Jiyong oppa said as he pinch the boy’s cheeks lightly but never was there a tint of anger, I guess he found it funny too. “You know, I’ve seen this scene so many times but never thought that it would actually happen on me. Call me ert but it feels so nice.”

“You’re really a ert oppa.” I said as he let out a chuckle. “Let me take over.” I said but he shook his head.

“It’s alright.”

“Oppa don’t you want to wash up?”

“I’ll wash later. So what should I do next?” He asked.

“Get the diaper wipe and clean his bottom. But before that you have to grab both of his legs lightly and pull him up so that you can clean his bottom thoroughly. Oh and also wipe from the front to the back.” I taught.

“Front to back?”

“Well we do that as well don’t we? And thing if you are cleaning poop now and you are doing from back to the front you would be bringing all the dirty things to his front and it’s going to dirty his…well…male parts. And if we don’t clean him properly it might be infectious. You don’t want to see Hoon in pain do you?” I asked making him nod to show that he has understood.

“You know, since young we’ve been cleaning from front to back but never thought that it is because we do it not to dirty our front.” Jiyong oppa said.

“Just wipe him a few more times with new wipes to make sure he is completely clean. Hoon’s really particular about cleanliness.” I said. “Oh and also remember to clean under his male parts.” I said and I can’t help but to blush although this is our son we are talking about but after all I’m still a girl and it has been quite a long time since I’ve seen Jiyong oppa.

“You’re shy?” He said, leaning in as he gave me a teasing smile, making me push him back to position.

“Aish at this rate you’re cleaning Hoon is going to get sick~” I said before I turn my head away.

“Alright what now?” Jiyong oppa ask when he is done washing Hoon.

“Bring him in.” I said as I enter the bathroom first while Jiyong oppa wrap Hoon up with the towel before joining me. “Since Hoon is small we can’t put him in the bathtub so Hoon has his own bathtub. Here you go.” I said as I got out the baby bath tub that I invested in all the way in Hawaii. Since I could use this to wash Hoon ever since he was allowed to have water baths all the way till he is 2 or even 3, it was a little expensive but still a good product. “Before you put Hoon in, you have to fill it up with water first. Just make sure that the temperature is not too hot for Hoon.” I said and with one hand, Jiyong oppa carried Hoon while he had the shower head in his other hand as he fill the tub up.

“Is this temperature alright?” He asked making me bend down and feel the water.

“It’s a little hot but don’t worry we’ll just add in a little cold water in so that it’s not that hot.” I said as I added in until the temperature was alright. “Here feel the temperature so that you know what the optimum temperature is. Of course you don’t need to be exact, one or two degrees would be fine but just don’t make it too hot cause it would scald him and if it’s too cold he would catch a cold.” I said.

“I have to know the temperature. After all I’m going to wash him a lot don’t I?” He asked with a smile but his actions were ignored by me.

“Okay right now put Hoon gently down. This bath tub is designed for Hoon to lie down but not slip so that we don’t have to hold him” I said and Jiyong oppa did as he was told. “Wet him a little first.” I said as I hand him the cloth that is used to wash Hoon up.

“Aigoo Hoon has soft skin~ Just like his omma.”

“Can you stop ing on your son and wash him up?”

“What ing?!! I’m not a ert ok?” Jiyong oppa said giving me a ridiculed face and I had to bite my inner cheeks to stop myself from laughing.

“Well your previous sentence didn’t prove that point. Anyway squeeze some shampoo on the cloth and wash his scalp. When you’re done, wash the soap off his head.” I said and when I notice how Jiyong oppa was wearing long sleeves, I rolled his sleeves up, not forgetting his pants folded up a few inch above his ankle so that it doesn’t obstruct him or get his clothes wet but in return I was given a wide smile from him. “Why in the world would you wear something so expensive to wash Hoon? It’s not as if you’re heading out.” I said when I notice him wearing his famous pink sweat pants that he wore to Strong Heart, accompanied with a black long sleeve plain top since it was cold at night.

“I know I know…you prefer me wearing nothing don’t you?” He said making me get up and was about to leave when he grab my wrist. “Ok ok I’m sorry.”

“One more word and you would be left to handle Hoon alone I promise.” I said before I got beside him again.

“Alright Hoon’s head is clean.” Jiyong oppa said.

“Now squeeze some body wash on your hands and massage Hoon. And no ing on your son this time or you’ll come off as a total e I swear!” I warned him. However this time I decided to join him since I thought it would be good if I showed him how it was done. “Just rub and give him a light massage.” I said as I massage his arm.

“Wow baby skin is really different.” He said making me stare at him again. “What?!! I’m not trying to sound wrong but the touch is really different. It feels so soft.”

“Well you can’t expect babies to have wrinkled skin don’t you? Remember to clean his s as well.”  I said. “Now just rinse the soap off Hoon and we’re done.” I said.

“Aigoo our Hoon is all clean now~” Jiyong oppa cooed as he carried Hoon up in the air.

“Oppa Hoon is going to catch a cold like that.” I said as I place the bath towel on his lap. “Put Hoon down and dry him. After that wrap him with the towel and bring him out alright? We should get him dressed up.” I said as I started to clean up the area and Hoon’s bath tub.

“Do I put him on the bed?” Jiyong oppa asked since I was still inside the toilet.

“Before you do that you would have to prepare things that you would need. A set of clothes, clean diapers, powder, baby lotion and medicated oil. If you want you can get a dry towel and place it on the bed before putting Hoon on it. I’ll be out in a second.”

When I was done, I got out to see that Jiyong oppa was drying Hoon up and just in time for me to assist him with what to do next. Instructing him to spread open the diapers, he place Hoon lightly down to rest on the bed while his bottom was on the diaper. I then got him to apply some powder on Hoon’s bottom to prevent Hoon from getting rashes down there. When everything was ready, I taught him how to help Hoon wear his diapers.

“What’s the medicated oil for?” Jiyong oppa asked as I got him to open his hands, palm facing up before I pour some of the oil on his hands.

“Rub your palms together until your hand feels warm.” I said and he did as he was told. “Now cover your palm over Hoon’s belly button area. This would help Hoon feel comfortable and also to prevent him from getting a stomach ache.”

“Amazing~” Oppa exclaimed at all the parenting tips I handed over to him, obviously overwhelmed by the facts.

“Alright now just rub your palm all over his stomach.”

“There you go my boy~” Jiyong oppa said.

“Alright go wash your hands just in case you touch sensitive places like his mouth or eyes. You know how uncomfortable it is even for us when we get medicated oil at such places.” I told Jiyong oppa before he head to wash up while I took over him. “Seems like your appa is doing a good job.” I said to Hoon who smiles back at me while I pat some powder at his armpits.

“Can I dress him?” Jiyong oppa asked and this time I just move away and let him take a seat in front of Hoon again.

“Don’t be too rough.” I said when he helped Hoon with his pants. “Now get Hoon in seating position so that it is easier for you to help him with his top. Be careful not to injure him.” I said and when for a moment he look kind of lost, I got the top and showed him step by step, first stretching the hems and let Hoon’s head go through before I had my hands through the sleeves, leading Hoon’s arms out of the sleeves.

“Aigoo Hoon is all ready!!!” Jiyong oppa said, carrying Hoon in his hands and raise him up high, causing Hoon to laugh.

“Not yet oppa. There is still lotion. The different seasons here and Hawaii can affect his skin just like how the weather can dry our skin so we should apply lotion on Hoon just in case.” I said as I squeeze some on my palms and rub the lotion against his exposed skin.

“You know, I really have to salute to you and mummy all over the world. How did all of you do this alone everyday? There’s so many steps to remember on top of it.” Jiyong oppa said.

“Well once you get used to it it isn’t that hard anymore.” I say before I got Hoon in my arms. “Aigoo Hoon smells so nice. I love how babies smell after their bath. Oppa smell him!” I said as I got Hoon closer to Jiyong oppa, who took a deep sniff against Hoon’s neck, causing the young one to laugh.

“You’re right. I could get addicted to this smell.” Jiyong oppa said.

“Go wash up oppa. I’ll go heat up breakfast.” I said.

“Right~ Totally forgotten that Hoon pee-ed on his appa.” He said as he got a fresh set of clothing with him to wash up.

He really love kids don’t he? That a clean freak like him totally forgotten about the pee on his body~ Aigoo he’s seriously trying to win me back by showing me how much he love and care for Hoon don’t he?