Hanbok

2 Years...will love...change?

“Omma this…” I said as I look at the red hanbok in the bag

The red hanbok was beautifully stitched with phoenix surrounded by gold threads while the black belt that was to be worn around the waist was embroidered with gold patterns. Accompanying the red coat was a white inner top and pants, a red and black boots as well as a red Ikseongwan, a winged honourable crown that symbolizes the dignity of the King who reins over Korea, which has also gold strings decorating the crown to complete the whole outfit.

(Imagine this is a picture of Hoon himself in Jiyong's hanbok :D)

“I know Jiyong and all of us had let you down but I hope you could fulfil this little wish that I have been having. This hanbok was worn by Jiyong on his first birthday and I’ve been taking care of it, hoping that in the future, if Jiyong has a son, I would like to see my grandson donning this outfit that his father once worn. I know it’s a little too much to ask but--”

“Aigoo omma are you hearing yourself? This hanbok is so pretty!!! And besides, Hoon is your grandson after all and if he doesn’t wears this, who will? Unless omma doesn’t want me to be your daughter in law in the future or even recognise Hoon as your grandson.” I said with a pout.

“Aniyo aniyo that is not what I mean!!! You know how omma wants you to be my daughter in law and all.” She said making me pat her hands.

“Omma I know. I’m going to disappoint you cause for now it’s not going to be possible for us to get together even if we seem fine with one another. But who knows what the future might bring? I would work hard with Jiyong oppa to try and open my heart back to him again while he is working really hard to show me that he would never hurt me again. We’re doing this not because of us, for Hoon but also for our families too so omma don’t stress oppa too much eh? You know he has history with his temper and it’s not good if we let the caged monster in him go right?”

“Ahrasso. Aish I still can’t believe Jiyong, my own son that I’ve seen and raise him for so many years do such things to a good girl like you~”

“Aigoo omma don’t start again please~” I said making her laugh.

“Alright I’ll leave you to change. I can’t wait to see how stunning Hoon would look like in the hanbok.”

“Mmmm omma. Neither do I.” I said with a smile before she left the room.

One thing that Hoon definitely got from his father was his interest in clothes. Thankfully for me, Hoon loves to change clothes but at the same time when he is wearing something that he loves very much, he hates to remove them as well. After showing him the red cloth, it was as if he was attracted to the colour, he was so hyped up that he can’t wait to get rid of his current clothing he had on.

As I dress Hoon up, it got me wondering how the world can be so amazing. Hoon was almost the same size as Jiyong oppa. Yes I’ve seen Jiyong oppa wearing this hanbok before and although that time when I saw it it was back at the Kwon family house but still this picture was all over the internet and one baby picture that the fans have seen a lot of times. And to be very honest with all of you (don’t you guys tell Jiyong oppa or I’ll kill you!!! :P) I have this picture not only in my phone and even in my wallet cause this was the cutest picture I’ve ever seen that I adore.

When I’ve dressed up Hoon, I was about to change into mine when a knock on a door was heard and soon enough Jiyong oppa was heard asking me if I was alright and if I needed help. Telling him that I was alright and would be out in a second, I took out the beautiful hanbok that my parents prepared for me. The skirt was of a shade of bright light yellow while my top was in hot pink with long sleeves the same yellow as my skirt but a little dark or not that bright. On the sleeves were strips of pink, orange and green while the ribbon in front of my chest was the trend colour, mint. Tying my hair into a low pony tail, I got Hoon up in my arms before putting on the crown that fitted the size of his head perfectly before bringing him out.

  

“Oh my god!!!” The girls including Hanbyul unnie and Dami unnie squeaked while the guys all let out a smile as we mother and son walked out of the door.

“Yoon Ji ah I thought the hanbok you ordered for Hoon is blue and pink?” Yoon Shik oppa noticed since he was the one who was involved in picking out Hoon’s hanbok as well.

“Ah well--” I said and before I could continue Daesung oppa spoke up.

“That looks really familiar hyung.”

“I thought so too.” Youngbae oppa added.

“I’ve seen this on a baby…” Seungri oppa said before the Big Bang boys turn and stare at Jiyong oppa.

“Jiyong/ hyung?” They said in unison.

“Me?” Jiyong oppa asked looking shocked.

“Dumb brother sometimes you have to stop letting music dominate your mind and take note of what is going on in your life as well as others.. You were the owner of the hanbok.” Dami unnie reminded him.

“Unnie you mean Jiyong oppa wore that hanbok before?” Chaerin unnie asked making her nod.

“When he was one. Haven’t you guys seen that picture before? I thought it was all over the net.” Dami unnie said.

“Don’t you think Hoon look really like Jiyong when he was one? Especially with that hanbok?” Kwon appa asked making Kwon omma nod.

“It’s like we’ve went back in times.” Kwon omma replied.

“Omona Jiyong looked exactly like Hoon when he was young? Aigoo we’re going to have a handsome grandson!” My omma exclaimed as we all chuckled at how the parents are going gaga over their grandson.

“This way please everyone~” I said as I lead everyone to another room.

Remember how I said we’ve brought over the house next door when our neighbour wanted to sold it? Because of this we’ve had more space now and also a lot of new rooms added. At the other side of the house, I’ve designed a room or rather two rooms that was separated only by a partition wall that can be pushed away so that when the two rooms become one, it is big enough for omma and appa to invite guest over and maybe have drinks or even sing for one of the room was a karaoke room that I built specially for omma who loves to sing.

  

When alone, the other room apart from the karaoke room was just a little lounge area to chill out so in the case if guest are here, appa can have some alcohol with the males in one room while the ladies can sing in the other and if privacy is needed, the partition is always there. Also the cool thing about this is that you can either separate the rooms apart by the sliding door or there are actually the white curtains that we could pull to divide the room as well.

For the party today, we’ve turn the room into a party room as we arranged the sofa and also added extra chairs and table for the extra number of guest that I’ve never expected when planning the party at first. It was a tiring affair for I didn’t want anyone to know about me having a son so I have to thank Hyomin once again for helping me purchase all of this. Also everything that was ordered was delivered to her house before it was then brought over to my house since everyone knows I’m staying here and if news travels to Seoul that our house was celebrating birthday for a one year old boy along with my disappearance two years ago, I would be so busted.

Since I didn’t really had anything in my mind about Hoon’s Dol birthday party, or what we call Doljanchi, I would be contented as long as we stick to tradition, I left Hyomin unnie to take charge and she did a great job!!! The theme of the party was pastel yellow and blue and on the wall was a big banner wishing Hoon happy birthday and beside it was a cartoon cow. Well blame Hyomin unnie for her obsession with cows but I must say it’s really cute. She even had a tteok tower in the middle having a cow pattern on it!!! (Authors note: I love cows that's why I decided to choose this :D)

  

There was a stage in front of the banner and also a place for Hoon to seat in the middle while being surrounded by many of the things that we must have as per tradition. From the towel of tteok cake and fruits stack high as a symbolism of a life of prosperity for the baby and also the most important seaweed soup that can’t be forgotten on birthdays. Not only that we also need food for the adults so I’ve called for a buffet spread by the sides.

“Hyomin unnie!!!” I exclaimed as I gave her a side hug since Hoon was in my arms.

“Hey cutie how are you today?” Hyomin unnie asked Hoon making me frown and pout.

“Aigoo now that there is a cute Hoon around no one ever took notice of me again.” I said making Hyomin unnie kiss me on the cheeks.

“How can I forget my cute dongsaeng? You look exceptionally beautiful today my dear.”

“Unnie thank you for your help~ This is really awesome!”  I said as I lock her in another hug again.

“Well you’re my lovely dongsaeng after all and I definitely want it to be the best for Hoon since I have the privilege to be the only person out of your family before to know that you were carrying Hoon. Come here birthday boy~” Hyomin unnie said as I allowed her to carry Hoon and it was only then did she notice the huge crowd pouring into the room. “Oh annyeonghasaeyo~” She greeted with smiles.

“Erm so Hyomin unnie like what she mentioned is the only one who knew I was carrying Hoon other than my family and also the one who helped smuggle me out of Korea and back here.” I joked making her smack my arm.

“Yah I’m no human trafficker!” She said and we could hear the crowd giggling.

“So the private jet that Yoon Ji got on…” YG appa asked.

“That’s my father’s~” Hyomin unnie said and the others just when “ohhh~” and “ahhhh~”

“Unnie you’re too modest. That plane was a gift from her father to unnie so technically it was unnie’s.”

“Yah~” Hyomin unnie said as she cover my mouth, preventing me from flaunting her wealth on her behalf. “If you continue I’m going to get Uncle Sim to drop you in the middle of the Bahamas~” She said. Uncle Sim is her personal pilot that always fly not only her but have been in charge of getting me to Hawaii as well as back here in Korea.

“Oppa unnie is threatening me!!!” I said to Yoon Shik oppa and the two of them immediately turn red. Aigoo can they just get together and have a baby to accompany Hoon already?

“Gees already a mother of one and you’re still acting so childish~” omma said to me.

“Omma but I’m still a kid aren’t I?” I whined.

“Uh huh and nobody would believe Hoon is your son.”

“Well if you want Hoon can be known as my brother.”

“Yah what does that makes me and your appa? No one would believe we have given birth to a son at our age.” Omma said while I laugh.

“Alright Yoon Ji go put Hoon in his place and let’s start the party!” Hyomin unnie said before I place Hoon on the stage.

Let the party begin~