Father talk

2 Years...will love...change?

“That was…BEAUTIFUL!!!” Bom unnie said making me smile.

“I know unnie I know~”

“Yah where did the all modest Yoon Ji go?” Teddy oppa asked with a smirk while I giggled a little.

“I was kidding oppa. Although I do get a little boost from the Def Jam crew when they gave me nothing but compliments over my music.” I said as I tried to make some amendments that I’ve thought of while recording the demo.

“Really? But why didn’t things go smoothly then?” Teddy oppa asked making me stop doing what I was doing, turning away from the monitor screen to look at him as well as everyone in the room.

“Well just that I had higher expectations for myself.”

“Seriously?” Teddy oppa asked making me nod.

“As a matter of fact, Pixie’s song that the oppas are going to do with her took me over half a year to finalize and I’m still not happy with it. The stress oppa~ It’s like you are producing and writing a song for Will.I.AM oppa when you know that he himself is a producer and writer, same case as me and Pixie. Hana loves the song we’re working on but I thought something was lacking. The cultural differences, the different concept and mindset in music are definitely hindrance to production. Besides my first song for Pixie took me 6 months but Hana only gives me 2 months, I thought my mind was going to explode. Hard money~” I said as I shake my head.

“Well what matters the most is she loves it and her company thinks that it’s a music that would work. Don’t stress yourself too much.” He said patting my head.

“I know oppa. I’ll just stress myself after I’m done with Korea. Now that I’m back I think that home is the best. No stress and knowing the girls for so long, I’m confident that it’s going to be a fitting song.” I said as I smile at the girls, the corner of my eye catching a glimpse of Jiyong oppa who seems to be entertaining Hoon but his attention was on me.

“That’s the spirit!” Teddy oppa cheered.

“Chaerin unnie would you like to go first?” I asked before she got up with her lyrics, heading into the room as she warms up her vocals while Teddy oppa and I turn our attention to the music equipments.

-Jiyong’s POV-

When I hear about Yoon Ji saying all that to Teddy hyung, my heart went out to her. Being a writer and producer myself, I understand what Yoon Ji is going through although I didn’t really have much experience writing for others apart from YG in house artist. She has been working really hard so that she can support Hoon as well as herself back in America. Her dark eye circles and obvious weight lost ever since the last time I’ve seen her were evidence of how hard it must have been for her to be working with Rihanna.

Yet at the same time I’m really happy to see that she realize home was still the best place. Even though working with international artist like Rihanna is a god exposure for her, that doesn’t mean that we couldn’t achieve it back in Korea. Besides it’s always the best to be working with people you know for a long time and what kind of music suits them. Music is about having fun and unleashing your creativity but I thought it felt more like a job that she has no choice but to pick up when she’s in America.

I was able to look over the recording process for almost an hour before the boys came over to ‘pick’ me up. I could say that in this one hour, it was as if I’ve fallen in love with Yoon Ji once again. The girl that looks so pretty when she’s focusing on what she was doing, her professionalism and also how she manages to make it enjoyable for everyone. Maybe it’s because of the exposure she got from Rihanna, I thought that she was doing a much better job than Teddy hyung and I.

“Yah should we get Yoon Ji to write something for us? The song she did for the girls is no joke!” Youngbae mentioned as we enter the recording studio.

“What song hyung?” Seungri asked since the other members were waiting in the recording studio while Youngbae went next door to get me.

“R&B Ballad. Totally my style!” Youngbae spazzed. “It’s somewhat like their song ‘It Hurts’ but more upbeat.”

“That’s my girl alright~” I said while Hoon was clapping his hands and smiling, as if proud of his omma as well.

“Jiyong ah you should totally buck up before she takes over your spot.” TOP hyung teased.

“Well I don’t mind. I would love to tell the whole world that she belongs to me and I’m lucky to have her. How many guys out there are going to be jealous of me?” I asked making the boys roll their eyes off me.

“Well not us. Our girls are awesome too.” TOP hyung said.

“I agree.” Youngbae added making me laugh.

“Aigoo sour grapes. Shall we start?” I asked before I got to my usual spot in front of the monitor and place Hoon to sit on the table in front of me, while I had my arms around his body, reaching for the keys behind the boy. “Aigoo I love you and your omma so much.” I said rubbing my nose against the young version of mine and gave him a kiss on his lips.

I must say Hoon is definitely Yoon Ji and my child. The way he immerse himself in music was something that could seldom be seen from kids his age. While the boys head into the soundproof recording grounds to record their part, Hoon was facing them, looking at the boys through the piece of glass separating the two sections of the room while he sometimes turn his attention to the monitor, where the sound waves that appears on the screen when voice is recording interest him. He was so relaxed that he was lying behind, his back resting against my chest like a boss sitting on his office chair, which in the case I was his chair, causing me to smile so bright to see that my son is starting to become and me and his mom when producing.

The boys were so pleased with the scene that they can’t help but to take photos of the two of us, serving as a memory and also to show Yoon Ji later in the day when she is done with work since she couldn’t see this scene right now. The boys even mention that I could use this photo in the future to prove to Yoon Ji and even YG hyung that Hoon is worth signing for when he grows older, in case one refuse to let her son go through all this while the other refuse to see his talents.

However it seems like after two hours of nonstop recording, Hoon was starting to be bored since after all he is still one year old or he has been missing his father so much over the month that he wanted full attention from me. Seeing that he was starting to throw a fit if I didn’t give him immediate attention, I decided to take 30, for the boys who wanted a quick nap or just stone while I can have some time with Hoon and if possible put him to sleep since his nap time was almost coming up.

I started kissing Hoon around his body, from his lips, to his face, his arms and palms, chest, stomach and even down to his chubby legs causing the boy to laugh hysterically. Finding that his laughter was too cute and amusing, I too was laughing so much before I start attacking him again, making him laugh before I hug him and shake from left to right, telling him how much I love him. If only Yoon Ji would see this scene, I bet she would too be smiling so wide the side of her lips would crack.

“Looks like you two are having fun.” I heard making me and Hoon turn to look at YG hyung at the door like meerkats.

“Hyung~” I greeted him before I got Hoon up in my arms.

“How are you doing little fella?” YG hyung said as he came over to us and pinch Hoon’s chubby cheeks together.

“He’s good. Maybe it’s because this is a new environment for Hoon, he’s really curious about everything.”

“I know Ji. I’m a much more experienced father then you, now that I have two kids isn’t that so?”

“Yeah hyung~” I agreed to his self-praise.

“May I?” He asked asking me pass Hoon to him. “Aigoo he look so much like you as time goes by. His mom must be jealous.” Hyung said, giving me a fatherly smile.

“Didn’t they say that the first child would always look like daddy?”

“That’s what everyone says. What do you think?”

“Yoo Jin does look like hyung more than Eun Joo noona.”

“Well then I guess that’s true.” He said making me laugh.

“Hyung Seunghyun (YG second child/ son’s name…I’m not sure whether this is the confirmed name but I saw this on a website quoting YG saying that he was going to name his newborn son Seunghyun! Yang Seunghyun, Choi Seunghyun, Lee Seunghyun! Imagine how confusing it’s going to be when the three Seunghyuns are in a room and someone just call Seunghyun all three will turn :P ) can totally form a group with Hoon in the future!” I said.

“Definitely, but I think the two mummy are going to do something to refrain their sons from training so early.”

“True. After all they debuted at a quite young age so they wouldn’t want their babies to suffer like they do.” I said.

“Where’s Yoon Ji?”

“Working hard next door, even more than me.” I chuckled.

“Then buck up. It’s not too late.” He said making me smile. “Shall we sit?” YG hyung asked while the two of us settled down.

“Hyung there is something you want to speak to me about right?”

“Jiyong ah you have to be prepared. I have a bad feeling Yoon Ji and Hoon would be busted soon. You know how scary netizens can be right? They could dig things up much better than detectives do their work. Especially now that the both of them are in Korea and coming in and out of YG Building when there are many fans waiting outside, the cover would blow even if we have the perfect plan to keep things low profile. You need to find a way to protect Yoon Ji as well as this boy over here and not get hurt that much.”

“I know hyung. Of course I too would love to tell the whole world about Yoon Ji being mine and that we have a cute and talented son Hoon just like how I wanted to tell everyone I was dating her when the scandal of us dating headline every news portal the very next day we got together but there are still many things in between us, specially that incident as well as Yoon Ji’s thoughts on this.”

“Ji what if right now, Yoon Ji is going to walk through that door and tells you that she doesn’t want to hide anymore, and that she wants everyone to know about the child you two have?”

“Then I’ll have to get a favor from you hyung to help me with the press conference. The best way to receive less hit is to face the press as well as fans directly in person.”

“Press conference is definitely the best way. I would have told everyone about Eun Joo as well as Yoo Jin in that manner but you know that now I’m not considered an artist, a press conference seems too extravagant for me but it might be the best for you. However son, have you ever thought about how it may affect you guys? The both of us know clearly that Yoon Ji left simply not just solely because of that incident but she didn’t want to ruin your career for she knows that someone would have to raise her son, either you or her and in her mind, she is definitely out of this business. I know you well. You’re going to tell me that you can become a full pledge producer like Teddy or worst come to worst you can still survive on royalties while Yoon Ji could raise Hoon the same way as you but do you think Yoon Ji would accept that?”

“Hyung can I ask you a question?”

“Fire.”

“What do you foresee if this press conference was to happen? What are the effects on not only Big Bang but YGE as a whole?”